Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 127 of 143 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 3565

I still wonder why the middle section of the shorter building still doesn't have the glass in it

Also looks like Hudson Site time lapse is back with new view:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Also looks like Hudson Site time lapse is back with new view:
    That needs a refresher link: HudsonSite Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I still wonder why the middle section of the shorter building still doesn't have the glass in it
    The lack of glass on that one floor makes the building look structurally unstable and gives me anxiety. I will be very happy the day they close it up. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    The lack of glass on that one floor makes the building look structurally unstable and gives me anxiety. I will be very happy the day they close it up. lol!

Which is questionable. The whole outside shell could be completed if that part was completed. Glass in being installed on the tower as it get higher but that one floor on The Block hasn't been enclosed with glass yet?

Which is questionable. The whole outside shell could be completed if that part was completed. Glass in being installed on the tower as it get higher but that one floor on The Block hasn't been enclosed with glass yet?
    is it possible that the people constructing this know what they’re doing and you don’t have a clue? I’m not sure why you’re obsessed with that one floor as if it indicates anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    is it possible that the people constructing this know what they’re doing and you don’t have a clue? I’m not sure why you’re obsessed with that one floor as if it indicates anything at all.
    Southen... there are 3,157 posts on this thread. In the 1st decade of this century most posts on DYES were wish lists and Skipper's Rule posts... now it is micromanaging every phase of construction... 🙄

You don't know what I know my friend. Lol. There's nothing wrong with questioning things is there?

You don't know what I know my friend. Lol. There's nothing wrong with questioning things is there?
    What is it that you’re questioning that you keep mentioning the glass missing? You think they aren’t going to finish it or something? The fixation makes no sense.

What is it that you’re questioning that you keep mentioning the glass missing? You think they aren’t going to finish it or something? The fixation makes no sense.
    No. Just hate seeing projects being dragged out for years then completed just milking the system and the owners or developers [[Bedrock) pockets just to keep the paychecks coming til another Christmas. It make Detroit undesirable for any corporate office or business to want to come here

No. Just hate seeing projects being dragged out for years then completed just milking the system and the owners or developers [[Bedrock) pockets just to keep the paychecks coming til another Christmas. It make Detroit undesirable for any corporate office or business to want to come here
    So again, without any proof whatsoever, you are saying that outside parties are forcing Bedrock to not finish one row of windows to milk them out of more money? I have that right?

So again, without any proof whatsoever, you are saying that outside parties are forcing Bedrock to not finish one row of windows to milk them out of more money? I have that right?
    Nope. However, there are those whom think that Dan Gilbert put a false height expectation out just to get more money or tax breaks for this project then scaled down of the height to around 600 feet or so. That sound much more ridiculous than me questioning why a whole building outer shell is close to completion saving one floor that's still bare with no windows. I never blamed Bedrock nor Gilbert for that.

My guess is that that floor uses the same system as the floors on the roof, and that they'll all be installed together.

isn't the floor with the missing glass the one that's going to set in by a few feet for the wraparound balcony? lol why is it hard to fathom that more of the interior has to get built before that glass can go in? i'm no architect but it looks pretty clearly like just an order of operations thing. of all the conspiracies we could dream up about why things in detroit are the way they are, we got GlassGate brewing here.

Nope. However, there are those whom think that Dan Gilbert put a false height expectation out just to get more money or tax breaks for this project then scaled down of the height to around 600 feet or so. That sound much more ridiculous than me questioning why a whole building outer shell is close to completion saving one floor that's still bare with no windows. I never blamed Bedrock nor Gilbert for that.
    So the very common thing that developers do across the nation, and in our own backyard, seems far fetched but the mystery of the missing glass is what you find compelling? Why do I feel like you watch a lot of Ancient Aliens...

So the very common thing that developers do across the nation, and in our own backyard, seems far fetched but the mystery of the missing glass is what you find compelling? Why do I feel like you watch a lot of Ancient Aliens...
    Don't need to watch Ancient Aliens.Get more enjoyments viewing some of the comments on hete

Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
    isn't the floor with the missing glass the one that's going to set in by a few feet for the wraparound balcony? lol why is it hard to fathom that more of the interior has to get built before that glass can go in? i'm no architect but it looks pretty clearly like just an order of operations thing. of all the conspiracies we could dream up about why things in detroit are the way they are, we got GlassGate brewing here.
    It's been like this since day one. The wild conspiracies about this project are endless and absurd. It needs a chapter in the DSM. Call it the Hudson Site Syndrome.

Don't need to watch Ancient Aliens.Get more enjoyments viewing some of the comments on hete
    Must be nice to crack ones self up constantly.

Let's move on

The Hudson site camera came back to life on YouTube. In a week or two we should be able to watch them place windows on the Hudson tower via the camera. They're doing a couple floors below the view.

For those of you wondering, the camera is positioned on the 12th floor of the One Campus Martius building [former Compuware building] and is a side-project of love of some of the folks that work in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    It's been like this since day one. The wild conspiracies about this project are endless and absurd. It needs a chapter in the DSM. Call it the Hudson Site Syndrome.
    Some of the wild conspiracies on this project turned out to be more than theories. A few had said that this project will take longer than 3 to 4 years to complete. It's on it's sixth year. We said that it wasn't going be taller than the RenCen. The height had been scaled down to 600 plus ft. I am not blaming those whom are working on the project nor Gilbert and Bedrock. The entire RenCen complex had only 7 years. The hotel and the 4 surrounding towers only 4 years. The two additional shorter towers only 2 years. That project was developed under a different time period. I am glad that Bedrock came along and build on the Hudson site rather than sit on it for years such as Matty Moroun and other local billionaires had done on prime properties throughout the city including the downtown area

Debating the height and timeframe of this project is not what I would consider a wild conspiracy.

The conspiracies came from the trolls that would claim [[with no proof) that this was a fake project, they were moving dirt around and the block portion was actually just a giant parking garage. They've been quiet lately or have moved on to trolling other projects just to get a rise out of people.

The final height of of the tower is either 681 or 685 ft., I've seen both listed online.

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    The final height of of the tower is either 681 or 685 ft., I've seen both listed online.
    I have read it is 686 ft. Lets not start another rumor for the rumor mongers.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    I have read it is 686 ft. Lets not start another rumor for the rumor mongers.
    Satan stood over my shoulder and whispered it was going to be 666 ft. Kidding.