Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 105 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 115 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 3565

The tower section of the site is now above ground, and the 4th floor of the block portion has begun as well. Via Frankai Videos.

Last edited by EGrant; October-01-21 at 02:48 PM.

https://imgur.com/i5Z1SIi

Picture from today 10/1

Are they following through with the "infinite floor" design on the block section? [[A floor plate design that cork screws around an open atrium).

Wished they continued the video updates from a higher floor in the Bedrock/Compuware Building...

No they're not. They got rid of that a long time ago.

I am glad to see that the building is finally taking shape. I would love to see how far they progress this time next year. 600 ft is still a decent height for that area or row.

Not entirely sure where to post this, but I'll post it here since it is Hudson's Site related, but recently came across a Downtown Development update by the Downtown Detroit Partnership.

A couple of interesting updates in terms of projected completion dates:

• Hudson's Site Block - Mar. 2022 [[Assuming this is a typo for 2023).
    • 1225 Woodward [[Fowler Building) - Dec. 2021
    • Eddystone - Dec. 2021
    • Women’s City Club Building - Oct. 2021
    • 1300 Broadway - Dec. 2021
    • Book Depository - Spring 2022
    • Broadway Lofts - 2023
    • Hastings Place - Late 2022 or Early 2023
    • Lafayette West - Dec. 31st 2024 [[Assuming that this is some deadline)
    • Union Artist Building - May 2023

Below is a link to read up on some more updates [[Everything from Hudson’s Site, the Exchange, to Corktown Developments):
    http://downtowndetroit.org/2021developmentupdate/

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Not entirely sure where to post this, but I'll post it here since it is Hudson's Site related, but recently came across a Downtown Development update by the Downtown Detroit Partnership.

A couple of interesting updates in terms of projected completion dates:

• Hudson's Site Block - Mar. 2022 [[Assuming this is a typo for 2023).
    • 1225 Woodward [[Fowler Building) - Dec. 2021
    • Eddystone - Dec. 2021
    • Women’s City Club Building - Oct. 2021
    • 1300 Broadway - Dec. 2021
    • Book Depository - Spring 2022
    • Broadway Lofts - 2023
    • Hastings Place - Late 2022 or Early 2023
    • Lafayette West - Dec. 31st 2024 [[Assuming that this is some deadline)
    • Union Artist Building - May 2023

Below is a link to read up on some more updates [[Everything from Hudson’s Site, the Exchange, to Corktown Developments):
    http://downtowndetroit.org/2021developmentupdate/
    Probably one of the best updates I've gotten on this forum. Thank you!!

Hey folks! I'm back in the office now and I'll probably drop some progress pictures every week or so. These pictures are taken from the 7th floor of the One Campus Martius [Compuware] Building.

Name:  PXL_20211018_175046551.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  211.4 KB

Name:  PXL_20211018_175059773.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  212.8 KB

Love it! Thanks for the update.

Surprised nobody brought this up here but Gilbert was at the Forbes convention in Detroit last week or so and said that this tower would be about 70 stories tall and be the "biggest building in Detroit". That would put it way above the height of the Ren Cen. Wonder if an anonymous insider could come through here and leak something.

^Surprised Crain's or none of the papers mentioned that.

The Downtown Development Updates PDF file only mentions 49 floors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^Surprised Crain's or none of the papers mentioned that.

The Downtown Development Updates PDF file only mentions 49 floors.
    Quote is at the 10:00 min. mark. He says "something like 70 stories." He also does indeed say biggest building. Does he consider the block & tower as one building and bigger than any one building in the Ren Cen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERv0S4tRFcg

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Quote is at the 10:00 min. mark. He says "something like 70 stories." He also does indeed say biggest building. Does he consider the block & tower as one building and bigger than any one building in the Ren Cen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERv0S4tRFcg
    For the lazy, here's a link that will take you directly to that timecode: https://youtu.be/ERv0S4tRFcg?t=600

Keep on showing he Fowler Building as well. Seems like a lot of people forget that one is happening too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    Hey folks! I'm back in the office now and I'll probably drop some progress pictures every week or so. These pictures are taken from the 7th floor of the One Campus Martius [Compuware] Building.

Name:  PXL_20211018_175046551.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  211.4 KB

Name:  PXL_20211018_175059773.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  212.8 KB

The Downtown Development site mentions 49 floors... and we've heard the 680ft height. Does that mean that if it will be circa 70 floors as Dan Gilbert mentions in the video... that will mean a height of ??? Hmm... I'm going to stick with the 680ft. figure... but something closer to 800ft. makes sense for 70 stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    The Downtown Development site mentions 49 floors... and we've heard the 680ft height. Does that mean that if it will be circa 70 floors as Dan Gilbert mentions in the video... that will mean a height of ??? Hmm... I'm going to stick with the 680ft. figure... but something closer to 800ft. makes sense for 70 stories.
    He also calls it the "biggest building in Detroit" which it won't be either unless he is implying that it will be the tallest. I am guessing that the numbers we currently have are what will be built there. It is important to be sensitive to the medical issues he has which means he may be quoting numbers from previous iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    He also calls it the "biggest building in Detroit" which it won't be either unless he is implying that it will be the tallest. I am guessing that the numbers we currently have are what will be built there. It is important to be sensitive to the medical issues he has which means he may be quoting numbers from previous iterations.

He's perfectly cognizant, there is nothing mentally wrong with him. Watch the whole video if you don't think so, he wouldn't be up there on display if he wasn't. Also the tower was never 70 stories before, and why would he say "biggest building" on top of it if it was a mistake? We know for a fact that the tower is getting reworked because the architect themselves confirmed it in an email and that an announcement is coming this winter. Obviously the DDP is working with information that has been released, not what is in the works behind the scenes currently.

That would be kinda nuts to originally go "biggest building in D town", then downscale to 2nd biggest, then "surprise! Biggest building again!"

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Also the tower was never 70 stories before, and why would he say "biggest building" on top of it if it was a mistake? We know for a fact that the tower is getting reworked because the architect themselves confirmed it in an email and that an announcement is coming this winter.
    Looking forward to that announcement confirming whether the "March 2022" target in the DDCD Update was a mistake or not. The block building is moving along but to finish by next March would be a surprise. but who knows, maybe they hit every floor at once when the frame is finished. and for the tower to surpass the rencen would be an exciting symbolic win for the city, and i bet they understand that.

I mean nothing is for sure so I completely get being very skeptical, don't get me wrong.

But I feel like the hints are strong for a little additional height here. But I won't get my hopes up too much.

From the Skyscraper Detroit page: "Kirk Pinho, from Crains Detroit, 5 days ago tweeted a FAA request for clearance for a crane up to 887ft tall. "That height is a maximum and was submitted to ensure we'd be covered in any case", spokesperson says.Tower's still slated to be 680 feet per spokesperson."

Rather than give us another new height figure that most people will be skeptical about anyway, just let us wait and see. However... 680 ft. is too short for "about 70 stories".

From it's east-west dimensions, the tower's footprint seems extremely small. Was this tower touted as a "skinny" tower like those being built in New York City? What's the square footage of one of the floors?

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    From it's east-west dimensions, the tower's footprint seems extremely small. Was this tower touted as a "skinny" tower like those being built in New York City? What's the square footage of one of the floors?

It's not as skinny as you might perceive. The east west dimension includes the ramp on the right side of the video camera. It's a pretty stout base. Nothing abnormally skinny like that disaster in NYC

The only way it will be completed next year if the rest of the building is prefabricated and will be shipped in and stacked up like lego

I might be an outlier, but I don’t care if it’s going to be bigger. I just want it finished at a respectable height.