Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm glad to see they finally put this to rest and we can all stop debating and ripping Bedrock for the lack or info. That height seems like it will fit in nicely with the area and skyline. Yea, 1000ft would have been nice, but if it's just for vanity and serves no real purpose, what's the point? I'd rather have a great product at 680 that an half empty vanity tower at 1000 any day.

On a construction note, viewing the youtube feed, it's kinda amazing to finally see exactly the surface area the tower will cover on the site. I admittedly thought it was going to cover more area from the conceptual drawings. The "base" or "cube" or whatever name they are calling it now will be what we are all going to be staring at on street level. Can't wait to see this thing start rising.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    On a construction note, viewing the youtube feed, it's kinda amazing to finally see exactly the surface area the tower will cover on the site. I admittedly thought it was going to cover more area from the conceptual drawings. The "base" or "cube" or whatever name they are calling it now will be what we are all going to be staring at on street level. Can't wait to see this thing start rising.
    If you look at the video from February 29th, you can see to the left of the current rectangle are some more caissons. There should also be ones to the right of the rectangle for the back part of the tower.

The smaller and more tightly packed caissons correspond to walls for the core of the building, containing elevators and stairs and stuff. The bigger caissons correspond to columns like you'd expect.