Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 104 of 143 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 3565

I'm glad to see the beams going up. Once you see the beams stack up in other cities the structure will grow higher and higher daily not a couple of beams biweekly. Not putting the slower pace on the developers or construction crew. Once the bones are exposed the structure should stack like legos

Street level view from 6/27:

Attachment 41524

Certainly is great to see steel from a street level shot. It will be interesting to see how quickly it rises now.

They said the peripheral structure for the block will take 9 months. Considering the size of the site, and the pace of construction up until now, this should go up relatively fast.

C'mon Bedrock! Put up a cam on the Z garage to show the whole site construction!

Pretty cool seeing the steel frame make its way towards the camera on the block side of the site.

The video has not been posted since July 25th. What's up? I enjoy keeping an eye on the daily progress.

I see the skeletal structure is being connected to the elevator shaft. Hopefully there will be significant height increase before the snow set in

There hasn't been a video posted in a week on the YouTube channel. Anyone know what is up?

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    There hasn't been a video posted in a week on the YouTube channel. Anyone know what is up?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I’m waiting for someone to claim that construction has stopped and they are hiding that fact. After the steel started going up it seems there was a drop off in the “it’s all smoke and mirrors and nothing will be built” posts.

I highly doubt there's anything to the camera. I've been out of town for a week but I'll be back on Tuesday. I'll check in with the folks that run the camera then. My guess is either the computer got updates and it broke it, or the space where the camera was located is getting changed up due to folks starting to come back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    I highly doubt there's anything to the camera. I've been out of town for a week but I'll be back on Tuesday. I'll check in with the folks that run the camera then. My guess is either the computer got updates and it broke it, or the space where the camera was located is getting changed up due to folks starting to come back to work.
    Yeah, I'm hoping they're changing the camera angle to better capture the steel rising on the entire site.

I feel like I'm suffering from cocaine withdrawal. I need these videos back already.

I thought it was just me.

Can't wait till the day we get like a mega time lapse of all the time lapses.

Also wondering if they can see the Exchange Development from the Campus Martius Building. Would be interesting to see time lapses of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Can't wait till the day we get like a mega time lapse of all the time lapses.

Also wondering if they can see the Exchange Development from the Campus Martius Building. Would be interesting to see time lapses of that as well.
    Same. It was fun watching the timelapse of LCA.
    Frankai videos. YouTube. Best way to keep up with Detroit development if you're no longer in Michigan or you are and just don't get down to the D. Love that man's passion for our city

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Same. It was fun watching the timelapse of LCA.
    Frankai videos. YouTube. Best way to keep up with Detroit development if you're no longer in Michigan or you are and just don't get down to the D. Love that man's passion for our city

Yea Frankai does a good job of providing consistent updates. The Exchange development is hard to keep track of since it is foundation work and same goes for the Book Tower since it is a renovation.

I’m surprised nobody has noted that it’s back up….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amKALKqCo6I&pp=sAQA

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    I’m surprised nobody has noted that it’s back up….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=amKALKqCo6I&pp=sAQA
    Good news, bad news. Back up but with the same camera angle.

Let's keep in mind that this camera is run by someone who just works in the building, not an official webcam for the project. Some of the comments on the YouTube channel when the uploader apparently went on vacation were a little over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Let's keep in mind that this camera is run by someone who just works in the building, not an official webcam for the project. Some of the comments on the YouTube channel when the uploader apparently went on vacation were a little over the top.
    Glad someone finally pointed this out. Just wait until the tower core gets up to the level of the camera and we really can't see anything..
    Hopefully the person running the rig can talk to someone in the building about setting up on one of the top floors. I'm not holding my breath for that but would be really awesome if that happened.

Did not know that. Maybe someone could give the crane operator 20 bucks to wear a helmet cam.

Let's keep in mind that this camera is run by someone who just works in the building, not an official webcam for the project.
    This is 100% true.

Also, it's ran by folks who work "in" the building, but not really at this time. Most of us aren't even back in the office yet. It can be difficult coordinating with the folks who are onsite to get things fixed.

I'm involved in the effort, but not the brains of it. I provide support for some aspects of the project. The brains of the operation wrote some pretty nifty code to automate the videos.

I'm guessing the person doesn't work for Quicken then because most Rocket employees are back.