Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 103 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3565

Love the line about how there's nothing hanging on the walls of the construction firm. As if they're just down there now, winging it without a plan. What an embarrassing article.

LOL LeDuff is a f*cking grifter, always has been. Does he have any idea how much a tower mat pour costs? Or drilling caissons 250ft deep to bedrock? They just finished a pour for the concrete core of the tower... A gas station?? fucking seriously?

Holy shit, he sounds exactly like the trolls we've had here. Really gone off the deep end. Are we sure he hasn't been one of them this whole time? XD

The article is all over the place, talking about Quicken's stock price. WTF? How was this crap published? Deadline Detroit is a joke.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; May-13-21 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JK313 View Post
    Uh since when was the office block ever going to be 20 stories? This is the first time I ever heard that so not sure where LeDuff got his info from. The tallest I ever heard was 14 stories and 240 feet, but the faa filings going back to 2019 have all had it at 11 stories and 232 ft, so a slight downsize. So that article had no new information at all and is really just a non story with some misinformation sprinkled in, reminding me why I don’t read anything he writes.
    He's just throwing shit at the wall. What a bizarre rant. The block portion [[which is where all the office space is) now has a topped out concrete core, there is no downsizing that at this point. And Quicken obviously intends to use the space.

Typical Detroit hater, mentally unstable and unhinged.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    He's just throwing shit at the wall. What a bizarre rant. The block portion [[which is where all the office space is) now has a topped out concrete core, there is no downsizing that at this point. And Quicken obviously intends to use the space.

Typical Detroit hater, mentally unstable and unhinged.
    It's not even that he's a Detroit hater, he's just a deadline Detroit writer.

Deadline Detroit is all just whining and complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    It's not even that he's a Detroit hater, he's just a deadline Detroit writer.

Deadline Detroit is all just whining and complaining.
    He is though, LeDuff literally made an entire career out of just trolling and shit-talking about Detroit. Sensationalism and lies about the city have always sold well.

Now more people realize that he's just a dumb right wing asshole.

Could not agree more with the quotes from above:

LeDuff got his facts wrong
    It's a non-story with misinformation sprinkled in
    He doesn't know what he's talking about
    {or, I'll add:}
    He's lying to stir the pot and try to stay relevant
    {back to yours:}
    An attention whore
    I don't read anything he writes.
    Last edited by bust; May-15-21 at 01:10 AM.

Deadline did great work with Beaumont. They missed the mark here.

The final concrete pour for the ground floor of the block happened yesterday. Hopefully steel starts rising soon

Quote Originally Posted by JTburner View Post
    The final concrete pour for the ground floor of the block happened yesterday. Hopefully steel starts rising soon
    For those of you wanting to watch:

I'm not so sure we will see steel rising for a little while. There's a ton of rebar sticking up from the main floor [[only visible in Frankai's videos or close up stills, or in person).

This tells me that quite a bit of the first floor will be poured in

I was going to say, based on that crude black and white rendering we got from the detroit news a while ago, I think the entire block and building will be concrete construction. Just like how the huntington hq is being built.

12. Default

View from Woodward today.

Name:  DA82589F-2900-4503-BBA7-B0F51D82CA48.jpg
Views: 4571
Size:  102.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

World's tallest grain silos?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapooty View Post
    I was going to say, based on that crude black and white rendering we got from the detroit news a while ago, I think the entire block and building will be concrete construction. Just like how the huntington hq is being built.
    The tower is most definitely going to be steel, and I imagine the block, too, because because of the long floorplates. But, yeah, the tower is most definitely going to be a steel frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post

Wait, didn't they get LeDuff's latest designs? Those elevator shafts are too tall, already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    World's tallest grain silos?
    Simply not true!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swissmill_Tower

Steel is officially going up, Bedrock just posted about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Steel is officially going up, Bedrock just posted about it.
    They also stated a 9month construction schedule for getting the “bones” in place on the block structure.

Fake news. I heard from some guy on the internet that they are just moving dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    The tower is most definitely going to be steel, and I imagine the block, too, because because of the long floorplates. But, yeah, the tower is most definitely going to be a steel frame.
    Glad you were right on this!! Things should be going up fast now!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    LOL, that actually made me laugh. That's absolutely nuts.

Default Hudsons Site

Amazing the thickness of the first steel girders to be installed. But, they do hold up a lot of weight. Great to see the progress and hopefully will help to get Downtown back on track.

Name:  IMG_20210626_134622162_HDR.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  191.1 KB I really enjoy the view of the site from the top of the Z

Quote Originally Posted by ILKSGAMI View Post
    Name:  IMG_20210626_134622162_HDR.jpg
Views: 1467
Size:  191.1 KB I really enjoy the view of the site from the top of the Z
    Any damages from the floods