Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 99 of 143 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 3565

Default Hudsons Site

I have been watching the YouTube videos of the Hudsons Site construction and I continue to be surprised that the tower portion has not really moved forward yet. Seems a little unusual as the projection from Bedrock's VP pf construction forecast it to be above street level by early May.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    I have been watching the YouTube videos of the Hudsons Site construction and I continue to be surprised that the tower portion has not really moved forward yet. Seems a little unusual as the projection from Bedrock's VP pf construction forecast it to be above street level by early May.
    They're expecting the block to rise by May, which means it'll likely be topped off some time around August/September [[if they stick to the schedule) and then be closed in and finished off over the winter of 21/22.

The tower portion doesn't seem to have an up to date timeline but I'd imagine we will see it hit ground level some time around the fall.

You people are fucking ridiculous. They have literally been pouring concrete this week on the tower portion. Stop with your stupid conspiracy theory BS about this project. They have literally said since the beginning that the "Block" portion would rise before the tower. Good God will you idiots just go the fuck away?

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    You people are fucking ridiculous. They have literally been pouring concrete this week on the tower portion. Stop with your stupid conspiracy theory BS about this project. They have literally said since the beginning that the "Block" portion would rise before the tower. Good God will you idiots just go the fuck away?
    Relax, goosefraba.

Bigboat is no motor city.
    I agree with angry Fred. Block portion will rise above street level in May. Who knows about the tower. It's still happening. You gotta have patience with Detroit development. It'll be worth the wait!!

Maybe we can communicate with out using profanities and insults constantly. I always wonder if the few on here who insist on communicating in that manner speak everyday face to face in that way , if they do, you have a rough road ahead in life...A degree of manners when speaking whether in person or online / or phone goes a long way with each other.

^ 5*****

DetBill, I agree!

Maybe we can be adults and realize profanities are a part of life and not get our panties in a bunch when we see them. Personally I am more offended by the constant false statement by these people than I am about someone using a naughty word. Sometimes an f-bomb is warranted.
    Last edited by gumby; February-08-21 at 04:58 PM.

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    I was simply asking a question and stating that I was surprised. There are some real nasty people on this site that need to get a life. No one was being critical of anyone.

There's a little PTSD in this thread because every time someone would post some mildly interesting update, it would be met with some ridiculous, unserious tangent about Chicago. So folks are a little sensitive to that kind of trolling. But hopefully that is all behind us.

I was simply asking a question and stating that I was surprised. There are some real nasty people on this site that need to get a life. No one was being critical of anyone.
    Bigboat, I just clicked on your DYES name and it allows us to look at your posts [[5 pages worth) since you first came online here in 2018. In the last 4 years you repeatedly have been asking almost the same questions over and over again. About the caissons, the augers, the pouring of cement, the slow progress on the tower, slow progress on the block... etc.

Almost all of your questions would best be answered by the construction company building the Hudson's block, or Bedrock itself. I don't think that anything you have asked has had anything more than a guess at what is going on here, and yet you have asked question after question about the same topics for the last 4 years. I can see how some oldtimers here get tired of your posts, especially since none of your questions get a true answer.

So the "specific" Hudson's related questions you have asked since you came onto this forum in Dec. 2018, cannot be answered here.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-08-21 at 07:21 PM.

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Bigboat, I just clicked on your DYES name and it allows us to look at your posts [[5 pages worth) since you first came online here in 2018. In the last 4 years you repeatedly have been asking almost the same questions over and over again. About the caissons, the augers, the pouring of cement, the slow progress on the tower, slow progress on the block... etc.

Almost all of your questions would best be answered by the construction company building the Hudson's block, or Bedrock itself. I don't think that anything you have asked has had anything more than a guess at what is going on here, and yet you have asked question after question about the same topics for the last 4 years. I can see how some oldtimers here get tired of your posts, especially since none of your questions get a true answer.

So the "specific" Hudson's related questions you have asked since you came onto this forum in Dec. 2018, cannot be answered here.
    I only made a small statement that I was surprised that after the cement was poured for the tower floor there was no other progress. I'm not trolling for anything, I'm not critical of anyone just making a simple statement that I was surprised. This is after all a public forum. Making a statement of surprise should not allow such a nasty reaction from the nasty people that relish on this particular forum and look for ways to use profanity and insult as their way of getting their nasty thoughts on this forum. They are the ones that require to take a break and need a vacation to allow their brain to become unfrozen. My questions that you consider to be old are just that, just questions, Not an insult to any individual on this forum at all, but there are sure alot of very nasty commentators that sit on the right hand of God and will condemn anyone who says something that means basically nothing. I will continue to make my comments or questions and if anyone does not like it, my advice is, "don't read it."
    Last edited by bigboat; February-09-21 at 04:43 AM.

Literally everything Gistok said was true, and he's quite a bit more kind than I would have been.

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Literally everything Gistok said was true, and he's quite a bit more kind than I would have been.
    Who cares, certainly not I. If you enjoy being a nasty person so be it. There are more commentators that have posted things that make no sense at all. Most of the comments on this Hudson's thread are irrelevant to anything important in life.

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    When it really comes down to it, who cares what you think certainly not I or any other educated individual that enjoys reading the comments on this forum and never any requirement for stupidity ever. Everything either of you said is absolutely irrelevant to anything that makes sense. So, stuff your nastiness where the sun does not shine.

I will continue to make my comments or questions and if anyone does not like it, my advice is, "don't read it."
    And that's exactly the problem, that people like you think it's ok to vandalize this forum with their constant useless word vomit.

I and many others only log on this forum to read comments from reputable people like Gistok. I hope we can soon go back to that because all this shit you and others are putting out is very annoying and while it is surely enjoyable for you, it is ruining the forum for everyone else.
    Last edited by CR75; February-11-21 at 08:08 PM.

The best thing about this website and forum is the conversation, usually quite civil.

I love that there are different opinions and perspectives here, on multiple threads.

I have gotten into it with a previous troll before and it actually forced him off and while I feel bad about that, it was tiresome hearing about the constant trolling and misinformation.

That has been the same here from a few accounts. It's just flat-out wrong to be frank.

Be skeptical all you want, but to put it out there like you KNOW it's wrong and are constantly questioning it on this thread makes not a lick of sense. If you want to question it, then go to Bedrock and ask them. We're only here for one thing and that's because we love Detroit. I don't question your love for the city, for those trolls I am speaking to, but I do question your morals.

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by CR75 View Post
    And that's exactly the problem, that people like you think it's ok to vandalize this forum with their constant useless word vomit.

I and many others only log on this forum to read comments from reputable people like Gistok. I hope we can soon go back to that because all this shit you and others are putting out is very annoying and while it is surely enjoyable for you, it is ruining the forum for everyone else.
    You don't know what your are talking about, I did not vandalize anything. The problem here is there are far too many self appointed experts that think they know it all, but when it comes right down to it they know no more than most others on this forum, they just think they do. What makes Gistok so reputable? Does he talk to God or Dan Gilbert nightly? The only useless word vomit are the people that think they know it all. I was born in Detroit and love it as much as anyone else on this forum. I also want to see it succeed. But, I also don't need to get into a word pissing contest about nothing. No one can scare off of this forum
    Last edited by bigboat; February-12-21 at 02:33 PM.

Not sure if this has been posted here before but here's a short time-line of work thru November 2020...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgzYBJ-pwio

What makes Gistok so reputable? Does he talk to God or Dan Gilbert nightly? The only useless word vomit are the people that think they know it all.
    I am not going to out anyone on this forum, but the fact that you don't even know who the heroes of Detroit preservation efforts are in this forum speaks volumes about yourself and your "contributions" more than anything. I am out, peace.
    Last edited by CR75; February-15-21 at 08:26 AM.

Yesterday they piled the snow onto tarps and used the crane to move the snow-filled tarps out of the pit. Kind of cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Yesterday they piled the snow onto tarps and used the crane to move the snow-filled tarps out of the pit. Kind of cool to see.
    Noticed that too, hopefully this cold weather and snow will slow down a bit so that they can get back to pouring concrete. It almost looks like they might be doing one giant pour for the remainder of the lower level

Didn't want to start another thread, but I just read about Dan Gilbert... he's the 32nd richest billionaire in the world, valued at $42.8 billion. No shortage of money with him.

Big concrete pour yesterday, and there's some scaffolding set up in the tower portion, presumably to install the first sub-basement floor. Great weather, too!

Attachment 41364
    This is the tower section work from today.

But they're just moving concrete around!

Page 99 of 143 FirstFirst ... 49 89 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 109 ... LastLast