Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 90 of 143 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    Remember Gilbert's MLS soccer stadium district bait and switch for the fail jail land, too. And we've heard nothing about the University of Michigan Center for Innovation in over a year.
    It's pretty hard to build an MLS soccer stadium district when Detroit was denied a team two rounds in a row after the original announcement. The announcement was always conceptual and was never a full fledged proposal either way.

The Detroit Center for Innovation was last in the news in February, which is considerably less than a year ago.

Remember Gilbert's MLS soccer stadium district bait and switch for the fail jail land, too. And we've heard nothing about the University of Michigan Center for Innovation in over a year.
    I know you're a troll but just so others can know, this is a total lie. Ross made his donation announcement last February which was about 7 months ago. They did major staff hires in the months after that [[you can search the crains articles for yourself).

Freep contacted Related Companies just a few weeks ago in an article and they confirmed no changes to their timeline.

Anything else you wanna make up out of thin air?

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    It's pretty hard to build an MLS soccer stadium district when Detroit was denied a team two rounds in a row after the original announcement. The announcement was always conceptual and was never a full fledged proposal either way.

The Detroit Center for Innovation was last in the news in February, which is considerably less than a year ago.
    Just for clarification, so that we're not revising history, Gilbert withdrew his proposal for a new MLS stadium *before* the decisions on expansion teams were made.

Detroit was all but guaranteed a team until that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    I know you're a troll but just so others can know, this is a total lie. Ross made his donation announcement last February which was about 7 months ago. They did major staff hires in the months after that [[you can search the crains articles for yourself).

Freep contacted Related Companies just a few weeks ago in an article and they confirmed no changes to their timeline.

Anything else you wanna make up out of thin air?
    Please tell us where the other $200+ million is coming from and why this hasn't been on the Regents' agendas? There is no timeline, this project does not exist for the foreseeable future. https://regents.umich.edu/meetings/
    Last edited by motorcity; September-28-20 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post

He wanted the land and jail torn down to build a flashy soccer stadium district. As soon as he got the land and the jail torn down, he spiked the soccer stadium plans.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/2...bert/83593500/

Getting this thread back on track...

We saw concrete for multiple columns on the second story of the garage poured today. Also spotted was a yellow steel beam, the first we have noticed thus far. Could this mean the hudson team is moving onto a new phase of construction?

Quote Originally Posted by JTburner View Post

We saw concrete for multiple columns on the second story of the garage poured today. Also spotted was a yellow steel beam, the first we have noticed thus far. Could this mean the hudson team is moving onto a new phase of construction?
    Why don't they give the city and media final plans instead of all this secrecy, especially when over $600 million in public dollars and free land is wedded to this project?
    Last edited by motorcity; September-28-20 at 06:12 PM.

Why don't they give the city and media final plans instead of all this secrecy, especially when over $600 million in public dollars and free land is wedded to this project??
    Probably because they aren’t finalized yet. The best analogy is a developer building a strip mall before knowing which businesses will occupy it. This is a similar case, especially with the tower. We don’t know which hotel brand will occupy it, or what floor plan said hotel will want. We know there will be residential in the tower, but again no set floor plan or square footage per unit.

So the tower will rise, but the floor plans are still undetermined. For the block, office space is more straightforward so that may be part of the reason the block is rising first.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Probably because they aren’t finalized yet. The best analogy is a developer building a strip mall before knowing which businesses will occupy it. This is a similar case, especially with the tower. We don’t know which hotel brand will occupy it, or what floor plan said hotel will want. We know there will be residential in the tower, but again no set floor plan or square footage per unit.

So the tower will rise, but the floor plans are still undetermined. For the block, office space is more straightforward so that may be part of the reason the block is rising first.
    Oh lovely, really sounds on the up and up.

Please tell us
    Please get a hobby, I promise you'll be much happier.

Quote Originally Posted by JTburner View Post

Wow, I HAVE to watch the video now. That's exciting

From what i think I can tell from todays video, looks like they’re above street level with one of the elevator cores for the block portion of the building

Default Hudsons Site

As I watch the You Tube videos of the Hudsons Site construction, I would agree that the reason the tower has seen nothing for the last 6-8 months is maybe Bedrock has still not made a final decision, Maybe they are still trying to locate a large tenant or have one and since no above street level construction has been started they can easily make changes to the building. One of the items mentioned was a hotel, does Detroit need another hotel and are occupancy rates in the downtown hotels high enough to justify construction.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    As I watch the You Tube videos of the Hudsons Site construction, I would agree that the reason the tower has seen nothing for the last 6-8 months is maybe Bedrock has still not made a final decision, Maybe they are still trying to locate a large tenant or have one and since no above street level construction has been started they can easily make changes to the building. One of the items mentioned was a hotel, does Detroit need another hotel and are occupancy rates in the downtown hotels high enough to justify construction.
    Detroit doesn't have a 5 star hotel and Gilbert would clearly like to find someone who would make this the flagship hotel downtown. Easier said than done at the moment.

Shinola is a five star hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Shinola is a five star hotel.
    That's debatable. Most sites like Travelocity, etc. list it as 4 star. Even if it is, it's a boutique hotel. By flagship, I mean a Ritz-Carlton type 5 star.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    That's debatable. Most sites like Travelocity, etc. list it as 4 star. Even if it is, it's a boutique hotel. By flagship, I mean a Ritz-Carlton type 5 star.
    Every five star hotel is "debatable". They all have different consumer ratings on different websites. There is no set in stone bible list of designated 5 star hotels. Nobody really cares about chains anymore.

Default Hudsons Site

I wonder if there is enough demand for a 5 star hotel in downtown Detroit. Travel is way down both business and pleasure which is to be expected considering the Covid situation. They have some sort of cement distributor that is painted white/red. I watch the transit mix trucks dump fresh cement in that square device on the street and somehow the cement gets pumped to this white/red device, does anyone know how it gets from the street level to this device. I cannot see any pipes or maybe something underground was installed with this plan in mind. I continue to be surprised that all work is concentrated on the podium side so far.

There are blue pipes that carry the cement from street level to the floor of the basement.

Not sure if there is a need for a 5 star hotel in downtown Detroit either [[was the Hudson's site hotel actually supposed to be 5 stars... don't remember reading that anywhere).

But in August I posted this link to a new upscale [[4 star?) Hilton hotel being planned and approved for the Park Avenue House, a 13 story building on Park Ave. where the Town Pump Tavern is located within. A historic Louis Kamper designed building.

That planned 172 room hotel is past the financing stage...

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...it/5631555002/

So despite the pandemic... there is still hotel development being planned in downtown Detroit.

Royal Palm Hotel scheduled to open in 2022... right across the freeway from LCA.
    Last edited by Gistok; October-04-20 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    There are blue pipes that carry the cement from street level to the floor of the basement.
    That is neat. I see them in the center of the screen. Thanks for pointing that out.

Godfrey was announced in Corktown too during the pandemic. Does anybody have an update on that?

It’s delayed until 2021 along with the AC hotel on Woodward

Looks like there's some work going on with the tower side of the site, based on the most recent video. Possibly laying down rebar?

Work is starting on the "ground level" floor of the block side.

Page 90 of 143 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 100 140 ... LastLast