Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 117 of 143 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 127 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post

The response from some of the commentators just don't make any sense as the proof of concern is where we are today with this project. All of us are hoping for the best in regards to this development, but, the track record speaks for itself.
    Your "proof of concern" has been proven wrong again and again and again and again and again. But the negative Nancies are still here projecting, back for more, never ending. Take responsibility for your own insecurities.

Bedrock has one of the best track records of any developer in the United States. They deliver on everything they've done. The Stott renovation, the Free Press building, the micro apartments, City Modern, basically all the buildings in Capital Park and Merchants Row. Track record is the last thing that supports your concern.

Okay see you all a couple weeks from now where you're shown to be wrong. Again...
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-16-22 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Going vertical has slowed which is what has been brought up. People are simply asking questions based on that. Do you have any expertise in this field where you can help put to bed concerns or are you here to just tell people they're being absurd for asking a question?
    Did you read all the posts? They're not asking questions, they've made up theories about height decreases that make no logical sense. Do these people have any expertise to be in here making wild claims? What just because they haven't added steel in a couple of weeks? Like this is a joke. Same bullshit for literally years now.

So what, the building is stopping at 8 floors? The signed hotel is actually a lie? Yeah I'm sure that's the case here, you sleuths figured it out. They just got a height variance a month ago for 685ft but that's also clearly a lie. They've secretly reduced the height to 200ft within the last 3 weeks, congrats you solved the case! The great Detroit Hudson ruse is finally unearthed!
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-16-22 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Did you read all the posts? They're not asking questions, they've made up theories about height decreases that make no logical sense. Do these people have any expertise to be in here making wild claims? What just because they haven't added steel in a couple of weeks? Like this is a joke. Same bullshit for literally years now.

So what, the building is stopping at 8 floors? The signed hotel is actually a lie? Yeah I'm sure that's the case here, you sleuths figured it out. They just got a height variance a month ago for 685ft but that's also clearly a lie. They've secretly reduced the height to 200ft within the last 3 weeks, congrats you solved the case! The great Detroit Hudson ruse is finally unearthed!
    I believe the facts here is there are literal vultures on this posting that have been appointed [[as they think) to protect the written word in regards to the Hudson's Posts. They have no more information or facts, but are very good at bringing text from the magic magicians hat to spread around as fodder and hopefully someone will pick it up and consume all of your BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post

My god you are insufferable. People asking or speculating about things is not a conspiracy theory and it isn't being presented as fact. YOU, without any qualifications apparently, speak like a person with answers. Blind optimism is as obnoxious as blind pessimism.

The fact that this project has taken as long as it has, with as many design changes as there are fingers on my hand, people are still curious what the future holds given we are in a slowing economy and vertical construction has stopped right when they are asking for more tax dollars. You use the exact same hyperbole you gripe about. It is a message board where things get discussed and people speculate. Perhaps you would be better off writing a blog where there isn't any dialogue and you won't find anyone who may offer something different since clearly that triggers you.

lol

[QUOTE=southen;625749]My god you are insufferable. People asking or speculating about things is not a conspiracy theory and it isn't being presented as fact. YOU, without any qualifications apparently, speak like a person with answers. Blind optimism is as obnoxious as blind pessimism.

The fact that this project has taken as long as it has, with as many design changes as there are fingers on my hand, people are still curious what the future holds given we are in a slowing economy and vertical construction has stopped right when they are asking for more tax dollars. You use the exact same hyperbole you gripe about. It is a message board where things get discussed and people speculate. Perhaps you would be better off writing a blog where there isn't any dialogue and you won't find anyone who may offer something different since clearly that triggers you.

Nothing triggers me as this whole ignorant thread began with a question and that was all. You are the trigger man, not I. I was not looking for anything different other than the sincere hope this project completes at least to the level as proposed by Bedrock now.

Wasn't directed at you bigboat which is why i quoted satiricalivory...

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Wasn't directed at you bigboat which is why i quoted satiricalivory...
    I guess I mis-directed my response. It should have been directed to satiricalivory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Southen... someone needs to take him to a "dispensary" to get something to chill out. He can get so high strung, which can be off-putting for a laid back discussion.
    lol! Yes, that's what that poor boy needs. Mellow him out a bit

This is an update as of 6/16. No additional floors since ~4/28 [[~7 weeks ago). At this point it is quite difficult to envisioning the tower being done by 2024.

Default Hudsons Site

[QUOTE=ShadowSoarer;625766]This is an update as of 6/16. No additional floors since ~4/28 [[~7 weeks ago). At this point it is quite difficult to envisioning the tower being done by 2024.

I'm no expert, but something does not seem right to me and many others. i hope this does not mean the tower is in for another re-design.

[QUOTE=bigboat;625767]
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    This is an update as of 6/16. No additional floors since ~4/28 [[~7 weeks ago). At this point it is quite difficult to envisioning the tower being done by 2024.

I'm no expert, but something does not seem right to me and many others. i hope this does not mean the tower is in for another re-design.
    Something definitely doesn't add up. Where I live right now they are already over 700 feet on a project that only started a year ago. All the delays mean something. If the work isn't being done in earnest, there's smoke. And where there's smoke....
    I don't think any detroiter or expat wants to see another reduction.

They have been doing a lot of work on the tower portion. There have been concrete pours for floors. However, I do agree that it is puzzling as to why we haven't seen any upward movement in a quite a while.

My friends and I have been eagerly awaiting an extension of the crane and building core.

Default Hudsons Site

[QUOTE=Scottathew;625772]They have been doing a lot of work on the tower portion. There have been concrete pours for floors. However, I do agree that it is puzzling as to why we haven't seen any upward movement in a quite a while.

I watched the 6/17 YouTube video this morning and there were a couple of construction workers working on the mating surface of the vertical steel posts and maybe they are getting ready for another addition. The elevator core has not moved up either in several weeks.

New angle on the timelapse; pretty cool perspective.

Default Hudsons Site

[QUOTE=bigboat;625785]
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    They have been doing a lot of work on the tower portion. There have been concrete pours for floors. However, I do agree that it is puzzling as to why we haven't seen any upward movement in a quite a while.

I watched the 6/17 YouTube video this morning and there were a couple of construction workers working on the mating surface of the vertical steel posts and maybe they are getting ready for another addition. The elevator core has not moved up either in several weeks.
    I was on YouTube this morning and the hype with the start of construction with this Hudson's site development was amazing in the last almost 5 years. We were informed that three height increases were planned and to max out at 912'
    I wonder if other large developments in other cities like Detroit have the same sort of issue with this start/stop construction and the building itself keeps getting scaled back.

[QUOTE=bigboat;625823]

I was on YouTube this morning and the hype with the start of construction with this Hudson's site development was amazing in the last almost 5 years. We were informed that three height increases were planned and to max out at 912'
    I wonder if other large developments in other cities like Detroit have the same sort of issue with this start/stop construction and the building itself keeps getting scaled back.
    I think that Detroit is the only city that has this issue.

[QUOTE=stasu1213;625824]
    I think that Detroit is the only city that has this issue.
    Projects all over the country have reductions in height and scale. What is uniquely Detroit is the timetable for these types of projects. With that said you have buildings like The Exchange, Huntington Tower and now the residential tower going up at the JLA site all being announced and starting construction pretty promptly. Perhaps things are changing in Detroit AND Hudson's was different in that it is supposed to be a signature project for Bedrock on a site that was more complex than previously thought.

[QUOTE=bigboat;625823]

The big difference between Detroit and other cities is that when a project takes forever, gets canceled or gets scaled down, it's not a big deal because there are so many other high rises under construction or in the pipeline.

Default Hudsons Site

[QUOTE=313WX;625833]

The big difference between Detroit and other cities is that when a project takes forever, gets canceled or gets scaled down, it's not a big deal because there are so many other high rises under construction or in the pipeline.
    I just really wish someone at Bedrock would make up their mind as to what they are building, move on and complete the Hudson's site construction. Many of us realize that the site preparation was difficult with much of the old Hudson's buildings foundation found and many caisson drills were ruined and either had to be replaced or if possible repaired. Bedrock made the commitment for this project and I'm sure the costs have gone up, but whoever is in charge of this plan hopefully knew that when it all started almost 5 years ago.

Bedrock is also working on the massive $330 million Book Tower/Building project... so Hudson's is not their only major work in Detroit. I agree about the slow level of progress though... but it is what it is.

Bigboat, in the past I called you a Debbie Downer... which was a bit much... but if you click on your name, and view your historic posts on this forum... you will see that you do have a propensity to post negatively. You do seem fixated on this thread.

Default Hudsons Site

Bedrock is also working on the massive $330 million Book Tower/Building project... so Hudson's is not their only major work in Detroit. I agree about the slow level of progress though... but it is what it is.

Bigboat, in the past I called you a Debbie Downer... which was a bit much... but if you click on your name, and view your historic posts on this forum... you will see that you do have a propensity to post negatively. You do seem fixated on this thread.
    Gistok I'm neither a Debbie Downer or fixated on this post. But, I read what has been posted and I do watch the videos. I just thought at this stage this building would have had it's steel skeleton above most of the other buildings. I'm not a detractor or a person that puts BS on this site. I only have put what many others have agreed as to where we are in regards to the construction of this project. This project has been scaled back at least three times and I hope I'm wrong, but maybe it is in for a fourth revision and downsize. Maybe there just is not enough demand in downtown Detroit for class A high rise office space. This building will not be cheap to rent space in. The demand for office space is why I think the Monroe Blocks has not started construction yet either. Not sure how the sales/rentals at City Modern are doing either, but those condos look great, but are not cheap either.

Call it what you may... but your last 61 posts on DYES have all been on the Hudson's Site Building Thread... and they almost universally talk about the slow progress... using the DYES member search function...
    Last edited by Gistok; June-19-22 at 08:14 PM.

This project has been scaled back at least three times and I hope I'm wrong, but maybe it is in for a fourth revision and downsize.
    The first and final designs, as well as most of the iterations in between, were all about the same size, either a little bit taller or shorter than the Ren Cen. Only one of the versions in the middle, the 912 foot one, was significantly different.

The block portion has gotten bigger since the earlier versions.

It's entirely possible that what is being built is actually more square feet than the 912' version.

Maybe there just is not enough demand in downtown Detroit for class A high rise office space. This building will not be cheap to rent space in. The demand for office space is why I think the Monroe Blocks has not started construction yet either. Not sure how the sales/rentals at City Modern are doing either, but those condos look great, but are not cheap either.
    The office space is all in the block, which already has the structure built. They're putting the facade on it now. According to commercial real estate reports, the amount of leased office space downtown has continued to increase throughout the pandemic, although not nearly as fast as it was beforehand.

The tower is hotel, which downtown still needs a lot more of, according to industry reports. For the condos, they will absolutely sell. The only highrise living that the city offers are a handful of outdated and poorly managed buildings from the 80s. And other than City Modern, there are very very few genuinely high end condos in the city. Most big cities have been building A LOT of residential towers, and this is something that is very distinctly missing from Detroit.

Default Hudsons Site

Call it what you may... but your last 61 posts on DYES have all been on the Hudson's Site Building Thread... and they almost universally talk about the slow progress... using the DYES member search function...
    So what, has the progress been slow or not. Have we had at least three revisions up to now. Has construction progress been slow and slower. This is all just talk and nothing more. I'm sure it is not cheap to have construction people be on a job and have that project delayed without any real reason other than wanting more public tax reductions and the uncontrollable cost of new construction. Talking about the slowness of this project just does not mean anything, just discussion.

Drone shot posted today by WXYZ Detroit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JzhNztZhGU