Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 116 of 143 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    If the construction company has completed up to 8 floors and has not added anything in height in the last month. How are they ever going to complete this building within 2 years. There has been no change in steel structure from what I can see in the You Tube videos. I hope there is no scaling back of this tower project now that we are headed into an economic recession.
    Detroit has a history of projects being scaled back due to a recession or depression. The Book Tower and the Fisher building are two examples. Detroit can't have a building boom such as New York, Chicago, Atlanta, or Los Angeles. The Empire State Building was built within a year and a half during the beginning of the Great Depression but the Book Tower and Fisher Building were scaled back before the Depression had hit this country. Had it just been The Block that was being constructed the project probably would had been completed later this year for all of the money and manpower would had went into constructing it instead of two buildings. I had stated earlier in this thread which was before the pandemic that don't be surprised if this project be scaled back from its original plan due to some type of recession or something. I admire Gilbert and give him total credit for bringing back downtown Detroit. However, he will have to be more realistic when it comes to knowing the dynamics of Detroit and not have huge developments in a city that is still operating as a one horse town. Make Detroit a more desirable city to live in through better neighborhoods, some affordable for the average working person, better schools, safer streets, and much better transportation

There's been about a dozen different predictions of how this project will fail and none have come true yet.

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    There's been about a dozen different predictions of how this project will fail and none have come true yet.
    Maybe one of the so called experts would chime in and let us in on any information if they know something different. It just seems unusual for the upward construction to have not progressed for the last month. I think they are around the 8th floor and this building is forecast to be completed in 18 months, it will never make it at this pace of construction.

The Youtube timelapses are uploaded somewhat inconsistently now, but they are clearly working on the tower. I believe it rose three stories at the beginning of the month. Also, the tower gets slimmer as it gets higher, so those floors will no doubt be constructed faster.

It is hilarious to me that people are still getting their jollies off pretending this project isn't happening or something.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    The Youtube timelapses are uploaded somewhat inconsistently now, but they are clearly working on the tower. I believe it rose three stories at the beginning of the month. Also, the tower gets slimmer as it gets higher, so those floors will no doubt be constructed faster.

It is hilarious to me that people are still getting their jollies off pretending this project isn't happening or something.
    Do you have any very recent pictures?

Gilbert wants to ask the Detroit City Council for a tax break for his crystal tower that cost more than his assets. Good luck with that.

Hope he doesn't go broke after his building is done.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    lol there's been WAY more than a dozen. It's like schizophrenia at this point, the little voices in their heads wont stop.

Do you have any very recent pictures?
    How about you:

1. lift you fingers
    2. go to youtube
    3. search Hudson site construction
    4. click on the most recent upload of a work day

But we all know peddling conspiracy is much more fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    I like to believe it had something to do with Bedrock's request for additional tax breaks.

That said, it could also be apprehension to spend or a flaky hotel operator. For what it's worth, the block seems to be progressing- windows are going up

Their hotel operator is signed and inked. No flaking lol. The tower is clearly progressing along with the block. They've done concrete pours on the lower floors for the last few weeks. Like holy shit just use google.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Their hotel operator is signed and inked. No flaking lol. The tower is clearly progressing along with the block. They've done concrete pours on the lower floors for the last few weeks. Like holy shit just use google.
    I'm aware of the pours. That said, it's perfectly reasonable to assume this thing may be undergoing yet another scale back redesign, considering that we were seeing the tower grow about 3 floors per months, and now it's been over a month without any growth.

Also we have not gotten direct public confirmation that the hotel operator is inked. That was just a leak and we do not know anything about the conditions of the deal.

Default Hudsons Site

[QUOTE=Satiricalivory;625718]How about you:

1. lift you fingers
    2. go to youtube
    3. search Hudson site construction
    4. click on the most recent upload of a work day

But we all know peddling conspiracy is much more fun for you. There are no new photos on You Tube.

Who is peddling anything, again I asked a question and the heresy types start rearing their horns ready to gore someone.
    Considering where the economy is headed it maybe too much for Gilbert to handle at this stage, but I sincerely hope that does not happen.
    Last edited by bigboat; June-15-22 at 02:39 PM. Reason: added comment

I'm aware of the pours. That said, it's perfectly reasonable to assume this thing may be undergoing yet another scale back redesign
    No it's really not perfectly reasonable at all. It's delusional made up fantasy speculation that has absolutely no backing, a feeling you pulled out of your butt. They've got official crane permits for well over 800ft, they got a variance for the 685ft height from the city literally a month ago, the full plan has been submitted to the city with documents and models. The building is already 200ft in the air and clearly has ongoing construction etc.

Your weird Detroit inferiority doomer complex that you want to project so badly does not make your wild assumptions reasonable or rational. Just be aware of that.

Here we go again, deny all actual evidence and project the conspiracy. The "leak" was sourced by an close insider who specifically stated it was signed, not just rumored. And it was published by the most credible development news journalists in the city. But nevermind that, random feelings and hunches from nobodys who know nothing about development on DetroitYes supersede all of that!
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-15-22 at 02:57 PM.

But we all know peddling conspiracy is much more fun for you. There are no new photos on You Tube.

Who is peddling anything, again I asked a question and the heresy types start rearing their horns ready to gore someone.
    Considering where the economy is headed it maybe too much for Gilbert to handle at this stage, but I sincerely hope that does not happen.
    There's literally hearsay in your first comment, you promoted hearsay about height reductions out of nowhere, relaying hearsay about the economy. You've been doing this for literally 4 years now. You said the whole project was dead or on hold years ago because they had plastic covering on the rebar... Wrong every step of the way and still wont stop. Maybe just stop commenting on the thread.

No it's really not perfectly reasonable at all. It's delusional made up fantasy speculation that has absolutely no backing, a feeling you pulled out of your butt. They've got official crane permits for well over 800ft, they got a variance for the 685ft height from the city literally a month ago, the full plan has been submitted to the city with documents and models. The building is already 200ft in the air and clearly has ongoing construction etc.

Your weird Detroit inferiority doomer complex that you want to project so badly does not make your wild assumptions reasonable or rational. Just be aware of that.

Here we go again, deny all actual evidence and project the conspiracy. The "leak" was sourced by an close insider who specifically stated it was signed, not just rumored. And it was published by the most credible development news journalists in the city. But nevermind that, random feelings and hunches from nobodys who know nothing about development on DetroitYes supersede all of that!
    Dude chill. I think my post history speaks for the fact that I'm not a doomer or troll, I'm just curious why the velocity seems to have slowed

Dude chill. I think my post history speaks for the fact that I'm not a doomer or troll, I'm just curious why the velocity seems to have slowed
    Be careful. He gets even more triggered if you critique the design as well.

I don't think there is doom and gloom yet but I am very curious as to why the tower has slowed the way it has.

I just dropped into this thread to see why it's suddenly so active, but then when I see half of the posts on the last page appear on my screen as ignored, it becomes clear.
    Last edited by 313WX; June-15-22 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I just dropped into this thread to see why it's suddenly so active, but then when I see half of the posts on the last page appear on my screen as ignored, it becomes clear.
    lol the thread became active because of the typical like clockwork never ending trolling about this project as usual.

Get over yourself dude, nobody cares. Have fun reading my quoted posts.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-15-22 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Be careful. He gets even more triggered if you critique the design as well.

I don't think there is doom and gloom yet but I am very curious as to why the tower has slowed the way it has.
    Progress on the tower is clearly not slowed. Here's today's video. Tons of workers there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idFFBT4P6lI&t=265s

Just because floors aren't going up as fast as some people would like doesn't indicate nonsense like sudden height decreases. It's just an utterly absurd conclusion. They're obviously doing other work before continuing to go vertical.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-15-22 at 09:22 PM.

lol the thread became active because of the typical like clockwork never ending trolling about this project as usual.

Get over yourself dude, nobody cares. Have fun reading my quoted posts.
    The way this project has dawdled on and on for just 8 floors after years of construction is mind boggling. Can they still deliver on the current promise? Sure. In 18 months? Still a possibility. But time isn't on their side and with the track record so far people have a reason to be skeptical. At least they got the block portion done almost. I'm adopting a wait and see approach. Not making any predictions but I wouldn't be surprised if there's another letdown. I do think there will be a hotel since they got an operator. Will it be a big shiny tower? With Detroit's development track record we all are on pins and needles hoping it doesn't fall through. Can you blame us?

Progress on the tower is clearly not slowed. Here's today's video. Tons of workers there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idFFBT4P6lI&t=265s

Just because floors aren't going up as fast as some people would like doesn't indicate nonsense like sudden height decreases. It's just an utterly absurd conclusion. They're obviously doing other work before continuing to go vertical.
    Going vertical has slowed which is what has been brought up. People are simply asking questions based on that. Do you have any expertise in this field where you can help put to bed concerns or are you here to just tell people they're being absurd for asking a question?

Southen... someone needs to take him to a "dispensary" to get something to chill out. He can get so high strung, which can be off-putting for a laid back discussion.
    Last edited by Gistok; June-15-22 at 11:48 PM.

Default Hudsons Site

[QUOTE=Satiricalivory;625723]There's literally hearsay in your first comment, you promoted hearsay about height reductions out of nowhere, relaying hearsay about the economy. You've been doing this for literally 4 years now. You said the whole project was dead or on hold years ago because they had plastic covering on the rebar... Wrong every step of the way and still wont stop. Maybe just stop commenting on the thread.
    According to some research I did this morning, it took a little over a year to build the Penobscot Building in 1927 and they used antiquated construction equipment without any of those modern stand alone cranes we have today. Watching the You tube video from 6/15 there still is no further steel erection. I'm waiting patiently to see this building reach it's proposed height of 686'.

lol there's been WAY more than a dozen. It's like schizophrenia at this point, the little voices in their heads wont stop.
    Wrong. A few bloggers predicted that the project would be scaled back and it was

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Wrong. A few bloggers predicted that the project would be scaled back and it was
    And that is the very unfortunate part. Projecting a 700' tower, then an 800' tower and then a 912' tower and then it is scaled back to 686' which as the recent pictures indicate, looks great and would be a wonderful addition to downtown Detroit.

The response from some of the commentators just don't make any sense as the proof of concern is where we are today with this project. All of us are hoping for the best in regards to this development, but, the track record speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    lol that's a flat out lie. Nobody predicted anything about this project and if they did it's because random shit they threw at the wall happened to stick. Did you guys also predict the increase in height and office space at the block? Don't think so.

These "bloggers" have predicted for the last 4 years now that they were just moving dirt and every other month the project was supposedly on hold or cancelled.

Also nice rant you had earlier there. You're clearly struggling with the city's current development boom and success today, broke your schema.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; June-16-22 at 10:30 AM.