I like the design, the look, and the elements it brings to that location. I was *a little* baffled by the "concert hall" or theater space in the project, however. Not opposed to it at all. It just seems like we already have quite a few places to see & hear a show downtown. I wonder if they already have a tenant or operator in mind to run the space. Another performance venue will bring more people downtown, so I am pleased.

One element that I both wasn't expecting and didn't emerge [[although I wish it had) would be a real movie theater. Downtown Detroit doesn't really have a place to catch a movie. With all these people both currently and expected to live downtown, to say nothing of the large and increasing numbers of visitors, I would think a cinema could do well downtown. Lots of restaurants in Detroit now. "Dinner & a movie" is a real thing, just not here. I hope that one of the many downtown developments underway or proposed includes a movie theater. I actually think Detroit could support 2: a mainstream megaplex somewhere right downtown, and Landmark Cinemas-style theater with 5 or 6 screens showing art house, revival, and foreign films. I'm just dreaming, of course.