Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 126 of 143 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 3569

i guarantee, once the forms are retooled for the residential floors after this next setback, this thing will FLY up

Just taking a second to enjoy this phase of construction. It's pretty cool to see the height starting to soar. We've been talking about this project forever, and it's finally reaching the "wow that's impressive" stage. Cool to see,

This project is moving along at a faster pace. Take notice of what phase this development was a year ago this date. I don’t think that Gilbert nor Bedrock deceived the city by putting out a false height potential just to get more money to fund this project. Covid, increase of material cost, lack of manpower, and probably red tape from the city probably cuased the set back in height. I would rather see money invested in the cutting edge design and safety standards than into height.

Default Hudsons Site

Does anyone know why there is an open floor on the Podium building. It looks like it is about the 4th-5th floor and there is glass both below it and above it. Is that for parking which seems out of place on such a beautiful building. Some of the earlier renderings show an open floor also.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Does anyone know why there is an open floor on the Podium building. It looks like it is about the 4th-5th floor and there is glass both below it and above it. Is that for parking which seems out of place on such a beautiful building. Some of the earlier renderings show an open floor also.
    There had been talk about a theater/ballroom flexible space where a mechanism was used to raise and lower spaces automatically to accommodate a wide variety of uses. The only thing I can think is that it is being left open to facilitate moving in later materials and machinery for a portion of the project like this one.

But like always I'm probably way off.

I don't know either but you see this all the time in construction. I always assumed it was just to move large items in. Definitely not parking.

It’s an event space. They’ve already started putting the glass in facing Shinola.

Aerial shots of Hudson's Block construction... Jan. 2023...

Tangentially related, but whoever owns Queens Bar picked a heck of a spot. Since opening in 2016, the Shinola Hotel block, Olin, the Siren hotel and Element hotel came online on that block, plus the office space, hotel and condos coming in the Hudson building. Prime location.

Update as of 1/27, doesn't look like the elevator cores have gone up in a while. Maybe they are stalling for some more tax abatement. JK they're probably transitioning toward the tapered section of the tower.

Name:  IMG_9500.jpg
Views: 2253
Size:  151.3 KB

Default Hudsons Site

[QUOTE=ShadowSoarer;631283]Update as of 1/27, doesn't look like the elevator cores have gone up in a while. Maybe they are stalling for some more tax abatement. JK they're probably transitioning toward the tapered section of the tower.

How long has it been since the elevator cores have gone up, maybe not since before Thanksgiving. Maybe too cold to pour concrete, but I'm sure they have methods of keeping the wet cement warm until it cures with todays technology.

Thinking of the tragic earthquake in Turkey I wonder how these modern highrise buildings and skyscrapers in Detroit would hold up to even a 4.0 earthquake. Would the almost completed xchange building would be remain lifted up without a foundation or main floor holding it up or would it come sliding down?

Default Hudsons Site

How long has it been since the elevator cores have gone up, maybe not since before Thanksgiving. Maybe too cold to pour concrete, but I'm sure they have methods of keeping the wet cement warm until it cures with todays technology.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the contractor, Barton-Malow is waiting for another bag of money from Bedrock before they go any higher. Afterall, it is a little weird why they take so long to move forward with construction of this building. It's no wonder why they needed $400 million more with the delays in construction and now maybe they want more?

Update as of 2/10. Doesn't look like the tower has gone up in height for the past couple of months. Does look like they're continuing the facade on the next floor. I'll still try to continue posting updates every two weeks or so.

Name:  IMG_9526.jpg
Views: 1722
Size:  211.4 KB

This morning I parked on Library Street and I was shocked [[in a good way) by how many people were working on that site. Everywhere I looked on both buildings there were peopleworking. While we're not seeing height yet, there is definitely plenty of work going on.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    This morning I parked on Library Street and I was shocked [[in a good way) by how many people were working on that site. Everywhere I looked on both buildings there were peopleworking. While we're not seeing height yet, there is definitely plenty of work going on.
    Even though you can pour concrete in winter, maybe it just makes sense to wait for the warmer weather when you can proceed much faster if there's other work to be done by many of the same workers on the existing floors?

Maybe the interior is being worked on while the skin pr exterior windows are being installed

The core is actively being poured. You can see the arm for it and it's been moving around. I've seen it in recent Instagram posts too. And the core might not have risen but the floors have and caught up to the core these last few months.

The core is changing shape at this point in height and they've had to adjust for that.

Check the 3 minute mark of this video from Feb 5. The core is up about 4-5 floors from the orange shroud in the video, you just can't see that from the ground as the pour section is smaller now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSNx926DxoQ

Update as of 2/24. Have been seeing them pour concrete and lots of cement trucks not just recently but during winter in general. Just haven't seeing the tower go up for the past couple of months. Or maybe it has the yellow safety sleeve looks it it might be one floor higher than previous.

Name:  IMG_9620.jpg
Views: 1114
Size:  148.3 KB
    Last edited by ShadowSoarer; February-24-23 at 01:46 PM.

So I'm not living near Detroit any longer, but from your pictures I count 5 floors since the beginning of this year?

The yellow sleeve has definitely gone up a little since the last picture. So the core has too.

LI wonder when will the glass be installed in the middle opening of the Block part. Its exterior appeared to be very close to completion but the the middle part is just left uncovered.

Default Hudsons Site

Just completed looking at the latest Frankai video of the Hudson tower and with just the bottom three floors now wrapped in glass that building will look absolutely magnificent when it is completed.

Update as of 3/10:

Name:  685BDE31-D8C6-474B-8400-339D01A7D8F7.jpg
Views: 2158
Size:  166.8 KB