Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 142 of 143 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by RAPLAS View Post
    Oh i see. That’s cool. Thank you for sharing again. Excited to see the top off ceremony and the tree so soon!

Still waiting for the tree...

The Hudson spot was just steel beams protruding from the ground during the last solar eclipse in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yup... as I mentioned in post #3515, there may be additional mechanical being built on top, but they are near the maximum height they were planning on. No more elevator core though.
    It's reaching near the tip of the Ren Cen middle tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    It's reaching near the tip of the Ren Cen middle tower.
    That's what it appear to be. The Hudson's Tower sit on a higher elevation of land than the RenCen does

They're definitely gearing up for an event soon. Bedrock's social media accounts have been doing year-by-year recap posts on the progress at Hudson's, with the most recent one leaning into 2024.

My guess is they'll make a big show of the topping off and maybe announce tenants pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gratiotfaced View Post
    They're definitely gearing up for an event soon. Bedrock's social media accounts have been doing year-by-year recap posts on the progress at Hudson's, with the most recent one leaning into 2024.

My guess is they'll make a big show of the topping off and maybe announce tenants pretty soon.
    Topped out at 12:15 this afternoon.

Video shows final beam at the Hudsons Tower being raised and installed
    Video from Bedrock shows the final beam at the Hudsons Tower being installed in Downtown Detroit. Video courtesy Bedrock.
    I'm not getting audio on it. Not sure why.

Hudson's Site | Topping Off
    Forever transforming the Detroit skyline, the Hudson's Site commemorated a historic milestone as the final steel beam was raised to its final height atop the Tower, securing its place as Detroit's largest ground up development in the past 50 years. A feat that would not have been possible without the dedication and talent of 350+ local tradespeople, their individual stories have become intertwined in the development's more than 2,600,000 hours of recorded labor. 🛠️

Following the Tower Topping Off milestone, Hudson's Site construction will continue in a phased approach. Crews will install the remaining elements of the glass facade and progress construction throughout the spring.

Upon completion, the Hudson's Site will bring more than 1.5 million square feet of new retail, office, dining, hospitality, residential, event and parking amenities to the 1200 Woodward Avenue block of downtown Detroit. The Tower will reveal unique city views at every level and an indoor-outdoor space for activations will anchor the ground-floor retail.

The tower tops out and the site receives an official name. Introducing...

Hudson's Detroit

Last edited by Scottathew; April-12-24 at 09:22 AM.

So Hudson's Detroit will be the name for the entire complex, right? I would have preferred Hudson's Place, Hudson' Plaza, or Hudson's Center. Hudson's Detroit infers that there are other Hudson's around the world, like Hard Rock Cafe - Detroit, or Hard Rock Cafe - Miami.

Now they're going to need to stick a big Ole GM sign on that block building.

Remember when Marriott's Edition brand was leaked as the hotel tenant? To me Edition is more of a boutique brand. I would bet that having a globally recognized name like GM moving into the facility just might give the site enough cachet for Marriott to upgrade it to their Ritz-Carlton or W brands instead.

Both the Ritz Carlton and especially the W would be a downgrade from Edition. Edition is basically the highest profile chain in the Marriott Bonvoy system. So hoping it sticks. Wouldn’t mind seeing a JW or Ritz somewhere else downtown. W has sort of jumped the shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Both the Ritz Carlton and especially the W would be a downgrade from Edition. Edition is basically the highest profile chain in the Marriott Bonvoy system. So hoping it sticks. Wouldn’t mind seeing a JW or Ritz somewhere else downtown. W has sort of jumped the shark.
    I agree. W would be one level lower and kind of punky, Ritz would be a little too much classic luxury for this building [[maybe a good fit for Michigan Central Station's top floors). EDITION is the perfect fit to this type of glass covered building for its concept - modern luxury/chic, in my opinion.

But I would love to see some more of the Hilton or Hyatt luxury properties join us sometime soon.

Last edited by RAPLAS; April-15-24 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Now they're going to need to stick a big Ole GM sign on that block building.
    GM can still use the top of the empty Ren Cen.

EDITION Hotel confirmed [[or re-confirmed). Expected to open in 2027.

Also their condos will have "The Residences at The Detroit EDITION" brand as well. Also expected to open in 2027.

- "Live & Stay: Bedrock is partnered with global hospitality brand EDITION to build its first Midwest location, The Detroit EDITION and The Residences at The Detroit EDITION."
    - "The Detroit EDITION plans to offer four diverse food and beverage outlets, a pool, a large outdoor terrace, a fitness center, spa and more than 16,000 square feet of event space."

- "The Residences will have 97 condos for-sale, located above The Detroit EDITION hotel."
    - "Work is already underway on The Residences at The Detroit EDITION and The Detroit EDITION, with availabilities starting in 2027"

Press Release: https://www.bedrockdetroit.com/press...dsons-detroit/

Renders:

Last edited by RAPLAS; April-17-24 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAPLAS View Post
    EDITION Hotel confirmed [[or re-confirmed). Expected to open in 2027.

Also their condos will have "The Residences at The Detroit EDITION" brand as well. Also expected to open in 2027.

"Live & Stay: Bedrock is partnered with global hospitality brand EDITION to build its first Midwest location, The Detroit EDITION and The Residences at The Detroit EDITION."
    "The Residences will have 97 condos for-sale, located above The Detroit EDITION hotel."
    "Work is already underway on The Residences at The Detroit EDITION and The Detroit EDITION, with availabilities starting in 2027"

Press Release: https://www.bedrockdetroit.com/press...dsons-detroit/

Renders:

Only 3 more years to build out the tower?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Yeah, what the hell?

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Yea that was my thought as well. So 10 years...start to occupancy. Nuts.

I think that the tower would be completed by year's end. However, it may take the hotel three years to get through all of the red tape in order to build out and open

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I think that the tower would be completed by year's end. However, it may take the hotel three years to get through all of the red tape in order to build out and open
    I've never heard of a hotel being structurally complete but needing years more for interior buildout and permitting. They usually do that stuff in tandem with the physical construction. Not saying you're wrong, but that's just crazy if that's the reason. Makes you wonder if there's been some serious mismanagement with this project.

Sales website opened for the residences and stating below potential price points as well as floor plans:

https://editionresidencesdetroit.com/

Name:  IMG_8501.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  43.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_8502.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  35.2 KB
    Last edited by RAPLAS; April-17-24 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Crazy conspiracy theorist speaks.

I've never heard of a hotel being structurally complete but needing years more for interior buildout and permitting. They usually do that stuff in tandem with the physical construction. Not saying you're wrong, but that's just crazy if that's the reason. Makes you wonder if there's been some serious mismanagement with this project.
    The building was designed, and redesigned...and redesigned some more, and then built without any confirmed tenants, confirmed proposed uses, or finalized segmentation between what was to be public/hotel space and what was to be residential. the interior is a pretty much a blank slate. So really not that surprising its going to take years to complete. It's really only half done if you think about it.

Have to remember, this development is operating outside of regular market forces. It's a pet project of a billionaire who, to his credit... isn't looking to squeeze ever last penny of profit out of the building. Almost nothing about this has been efficient, or really even normal.

I'm thinking that this hotel will occupy several floors. True in any other state the building probably would take a year or two especially in a newly constructed building. This is usually not the case in Detroit. Projects, whether constructing walking trail or highrises, that usually take a year or two in other cities takes twice as long in Detroit. Other factors may come into play instead of Bedrock's mismanagibg of the property itself. Not conspiracy nut but noticing the patterns set in Detroit especially over the past 10 years when it comes to the completion of major developments. The Element and the Watermark Tower were the only two developments that were completed in a timely manner