Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 132 of 143 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 3565

I ran into an HVAC professional working on Hudson's recently. She told me the tower will have 49 stories. Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread, but I thought I'd leave this fact here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Based on this image from about 2 months ago when it was in the 400+ ft. range [[photo from the Book Tower)... I would bet it is approaching 500 ft.
    The Compuware/One Campus Martius building next door is only 232 feet. It doesn't appear the Hudson's building is twice that height, but it's hard to tell from the pictures.
    Last edited by LongGone06; June-21-23 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone06 View Post
    The Compuware/One Campus Martius building next door is only 232 feet. It doesn't appear the Hudson's building is twice that height, but it's hard to tell from the pictures.
    This photo taken at the beginning of April 2023 from the top of the Book Tower gives a better perspective. So now 2 months later, it may indeed be twice the height of the Compuware Building next door...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone06 View Post
    The tower hasn't topped off yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The tower hasn't topped off yet.
    No one is implying that it has.

The tower is going to be 685' and 49 stories. This is all readily available information that had been released via numerous sources and can be easily found via the magic of the internet folks.

Update as of 6/29:
    Name:  IMG_1077.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  192.0 KB

This video has some nice shots of the Hudsons site at night [[among other things), figured I'd throw it in here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opyzQxGxXzk&t=515s

So...maybe a dumb question about sidewalk access around the site...and perhaps this has been asked previously. Why didn't Bedrock leave space for pedestrian access around the outside of the site? For 5 years now, the sidewalk along Woodward on the east side has been closed...5 years of people walking in the street, and according to Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, there has been several vehicle pedestrian injury crashes as a result.

Is it really just that nobody in the region cares about pedestrians and/or bothered to take 10 seconds to think through the implications? All we're talking about is maybe 10 feet on a 50+ foot setback. Or is there something more nuanced that prevented the provision of pedestrian access around the site?

KnnNike,

Here's a picture I took for you, it's from today [7/11/2023]. It shows the space next to the Hudson Site.

Name:  PedSpaceHudson.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  229.9 KB
    Last edited by Scottathew; July-11-23 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KnnNike View Post
    So...maybe a dumb question about sidewalk access around the site...and perhaps this has been asked previously. Why didn't Bedrock leave space for pedestrian access around the outside of the site? For 5 years now, the sidewalk along Woodward on the east side has been closed...5 years of people walking in the street, and according to Michigan Traffic Crash Facts, there has been several vehicle pedestrian injury crashes as a result.

Is it really just that nobody in the region cares about pedestrians and/or bothered to take 10 seconds to think through the implications? All we're talking about is maybe 10 feet on a 50+ foot setback. Or is there something more nuanced that prevented the provision of pedestrian access around the site?
    While I agree they should have left access, it's hard to have simpathy for someone walking on Woodward because they're too lazy to cross the street and use the sidewalk.

^^ Say what?? They are working on the whole block... I'm sure their insurance carrier for the construction folks says NO PEDESTRIANS. Also, I'm sure that the signage around there say NO PEDESTRIANS. People can easily walk across the street to cross past the building site. I'm also sure that those folks who got into accidents did so because of their own stupidity and didn't read or see the signage that says NO PEDESTRIANS.

When will the project be completed? First I had read by 2024 and now I had read in 2025

When are we going to get an official name for this development? It can not be called the Hudson site forever. I'm going with the "Gilbert Center."

Gilbertville.

Gilbertland or Gilbertworld might be too pompous and disneyfied a name for Detroiters to absorb without choking on their Coney Island aka Michigan Red Hot.

Name it the Hudson's Block or Hudson's Complex

Spec Center. Largest mixed use complex built entirely on spec.

Except it's not built entirely on spec so...

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Except it's not built entirely on spec so...
    Name one signed tenant before construction broke ground. Don't get me wrong I admire Gilbert still going ahead when the office portion of the market turned sour just as downtown needed new construction but I don't recall any tenants prior to the hotel announcement, which was a couple of years after construction began. Actually, I still don't know of any others?
    Last edited by 401don; July-12-23 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Name one signed tenant before construction broke ground. Don't get me wrong I admire Gilbert still going ahead when the office portion of the market turned sour just as downtown needed new construction but I don't recall any tenants prior to the hotel announcement, which was a couple of years after construction began. Actually, I still don't know of any others?

I’m speccing here, but something like a new offshoot of Dan Gilbert’s many companies could rent a huge bloc of space; Dantures: short for Dan’s Ventures?

Spec Center. Largest mixed use complex built entirely on spec.
    The history of Detroit skyscraper building...

Update as of 7/13:
    Name:  IMG_1336.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  224.3 KB

Maybe a Fortune 500 company will lease out a floor.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I’m speccing here, but something like a new offshoot of Dan Gilbert’s many companies could rent a huge bloc of space; Dantures: short for Dan’s Ventures?
    The FOC already has a bunch of empty floors all over the Bedrock properties downtown. WFH and layoffs have drastically reduced the gilbert companies' space needs. More cutting to come as the mortgage business isn't getting any better and thats what keeps the lights on for the whole org. Any moves into the hudson building of RKT entities would just leave emptier buildings in other areas.

Right now the glass is up to about half of the tower's eventual height.

While I agree they should have left access, it's hard to have simpathy for someone walking on Woodward because they're too lazy to cross the street and use the sidewalk.
    Tell me you're not a regular pedestrian without telling me you're not a regular pedestrian. I do make this crossing at least once a week, and depending on traffic and signal timing, it's a PITA. I frequently have to go from my office south of this location, to a client site one block to the north. An otherwise 5 minute walking trip is doubled in some cases.

This would be like shutting down Woodward for 5 years and telling people to use Cass or John R....you wouldn't do that, so why is it okay for sidewalks?