Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 75 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Nobody is pretending to be an expert and nobody wants Ford to struggle. Just reading the facts:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...on/3038280001/

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...rt/3039252001/
    Even if they do start back up, they still need people to buy the cars before inventory becomes an issue.

Between folks sheltering in place and 30 million workers unemployed, sales have been dismal. In fact, I suspect the SAAR for cars will have collapsed below Great Recession lows when April's numbers are released.

Nobody is pretending to be an expert and nobody wants Ford to struggle. Just reading the facts:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...on/3038280001/

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...rt/3039252001/
    Nobody? Are you sure about that? Pretty sure certain people have done nothing but degrade all projects in Detroit before coronavirus existed and when development was booming, pretty sure some people have a vested interest in rooting for Detroit area businesses to fail and aren't very discrete about it, I wont name names. What a shock they say the same things now... not referring to you obviously.

I'm not sure what the articles you posted prove [[both of which I've already read). People were acting like armchair experts on Detroit auto companies many years before this pandemic, since always really. Everything is 'struggling' at this moment the economy is literally shut down, what do you expect? Ford and others have cash to ride it out [[it even says so in the article you posted), Ford has been consistently and highly profitable for the last decade.

And if shit really does go down they're getting a bailout, lets be real. The US is never allowing it's domestic auto industry to go belly up, that would be just suicide for the country. Especially not with somebody like Trump in office, who loves corporate handouts.
    Last edited by Metro25; April-30-20 at 04:01 PM.

People going wildly off-topic on the Hudson's thread; feels just like old times.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    People going wildly off-topic on the Hudson's thread; feels just like old times.
    You're right, apologies. May 7 construction starts again and we can return to our regular programming, as in - the crane goes up next week.

Default Crane

You're right, apologies. May 7 construction starts again and we can return to our regular programming, as in - the crane goes up next week.
    where did you get the information the crane coming in next week ?

Quote Originally Posted by shawring View Post
    where did you get the information the crane coming in next week ?
    He's being sarcastic.

Did it restart today??????

Quote Originally Posted by shawring View Post
    Did it restart today??????
    I didn't see anything happening when I was down there today. I am sure it will start soon though.

WERE BACK BABY ! BUILD BUILD BUILD ! JK
    We have a two month hole to get out of.
    I wonder how the Gordie bridge is going ? did they stop ?

I don't think Gordie Howe ever stopped because that's infrastructure and I think I saw a video a month ago with workers on site, pretty sure it was after the stay at home order.

Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    I don't think Gordie Howe ever stopped because that's infrastructure and I think I saw a video a month ago with workers on site, pretty sure it was after the stay at home order.
    Correct. As a general update on that project:

1. There is a lot of bridge work being done on/above I-75 in preparation for the eventual interchange with the new bridge. This work currently includes replacing most of the street and per bridges over I-75, which are being sequenced in construction so not all bridges are closed at the same time. Sadly this is the most visible work currently.

2. There is a lot of earthwork [[Digging, Grading, and
    Site Prep) for the eventual customs plazas on both sides of the river. Pretty much just earth work and below grade utilities and drainage work on that thus far.

3. Lots of drilling and foundation work for the two main bridge towers that will eventually support the bridge. The Canadian side is a bit ahead of the US side in terms of foundation progress. But a lot like the Hudson site, the sub grade stuff takes a long time, especially given the structural needs for the towers. And unlike the Hudson site, these towers will rival the height of the RenCen. The final height will be between 715’ and 750’ in height. There is still some ambiguity on what lighting rods, lighting, communication equipment, and other devices will eventually be mounted on top, and how high those will go. Also whether those additional devices count towards the total height is debatable as well.
    Last edited by Atticus; May-07-20 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M. Brown View Post
    I didn't see anything happening when I was down there today. I am sure it will start soon though.
    Today’s Hudson Site video was just posted. Pretty much nothing happening in the pit. The usual daily inspection, but pretty lackluster and devoid of any real activity.

Wondering if most of the “work” today was offsite and involving retraining the workers on how to build while also socially distancing? Hopefully they can get closer to normal pace by next Monday. It’s too bad, because the videos were finally getting entertaining to watch in March before the shutdown.

Crain's put out an article today saying only 6 projects in Detroit proper restarted construction today. Seems like construction sites may be opening in phases?

Construction seems to be restarting in phases, lots of things aren't powering back up until next week. If there is nothing going on Friday I would assume that's the case.
    Last edited by Metro25; May-07-20 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Crain's put out an article today saying only 6 projects in Detroit proper restarted construction today. Seems like construction sites may be opening in phases?
    damn you beat me to it by a second. lol

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/bu...wn/3087588001/

News has an article up that says that foreman have inspected he site and work resumes Monday. Same article points out that The Mack Engine plant construction resumes on the 18th, to coincide with restart of production for Fiat/Chrysler.

Nice, it also talks about Michigan Central restarting as well. Thanks for posting.

They're out there working. I can't see into the hole to see what they are doing. The big red crane is moving around.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    They're out there working. I can't see into the hole to see what they are doing. The big red crane is moving around.
    Excellent news. Sounds like MCS is also full go as well.

They're back working at the Hudson's site!

21. Default

Thanks 48307. That's uplifting to see!

Construction is BACK. I went for a bike ride today and saw workers at:

511 Woodward [[CapitalOne Cafe)
    Townhomes @ old Tiger Stadium
    TCF Headquarters
    Illitch Sports Medicine Building
    Eddystone
    City Modern

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    Construction is BACK. I went for a bike ride today and saw workers at:

511 Woodward [[CapitalOne Cafe)
    What's in your wallet?

Nothing anymore.

Default We Are Drilling The Caissons We forgot to drill originally

What's in your wallet?

Nothing anymore.
    They have started to drill caissons they forgot about and are now catching up. They are back to their old work style of having 4-6 construction workers in the pit. I'm still surprised that it is taking so long to get above street level, discounting the 2 month covid-19 shut down. I would estimate Bedrock has at least a $100 million invested to get to this point in construction. I'm sure that has to be some sort of construction loan involved also that has to have at least some sort of interest payment. Maybe Dan Gilbert is having 2nd thoughts about getting involved in such a large renewal project. The Detroit market will be even more depressed now with our covid-19 pandemic economic residuals.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    They have started to drill caissons they forgot about and are now catching up. They are back to their old work style of having 4-6 construction workers in the pit. I'm still surprised that it is taking so long to get above street level, discounting the 2 month covid-19 shut down. I would estimate Bedrock has at least a $100 million invested to get to this point in construction. I'm sure that has to be some sort of construction loan involved also that has to have at least some sort of interest payment. Maybe Dan Gilbert is having 2nd thoughts about getting involved in such a large renewal project. The Detroit market will be even more depressed now with our covid-19 pandemic economic residuals.
    I was making a joke about the statement that they were restarting construction on Capital One Cafe. You know, the ones with the motto "What's in your wallet?" After the pandemic for most people it's not much. Obviously it flew over your head.

Page 75 of 143 FirstFirst ... 25 65 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 85 125 ... LastLast