Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 100 of 143 FirstFirst ... 50 90 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3565

Let's start off page 100 right, here's a time-lapse of yesterday's construction activity.

HAPPY PAGE 100 DAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    Let's start off page 100 right, here's a time-lapse of yesterday's construction activity.

HAPPY PAGE 100 DAY!!!

Look at those towers! For some reason I thought the tower portion was going to be oriented on the other side.. either way above ground construction looks great!

That's the cores for the block portion. But they are starting work on the tower side, with the sub basement going in.

I went for a long walk this afternoon away from downtown and just so happened to stumble upon the facade mockups of everyone's favorite building.

https://ibb.co/594z5Q6

[[Sorry for the link, the site isn't currently letting me upload the image.)

Whoa, what a find! Matches up with the handful of renderings we've seen so far.

Oh WOW! Could you guess what the white vertical material is?

Well, at least on the tower, what they've said is that it'd be terra cotta. Perhaps they are staying with that, which will be beautiful.

BTW, southen, if you don't feel like giving away the exact location is this east side or west side?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Well, at least on the tower, what they've said is that it'd be terra cotta. Perhaps they are staying with that, which will be beautiful.
    Did they officially say that for Hudsons? I feel like I've heard it before but can't find them specifically saying terracotta, it certainly looks like it. I know they did confirm that Monroe Blocks would have terracotta.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Did they officially say that for Hudsons? I feel like I've heard it before but can't find them specifically saying terracotta, it certainly looks like it. I know they did confirm that Monroe Blocks would have terracotta.
    The complex is a bit of a homage to Detroit, in terms of the exterior skin,” said Joe Guziewicz, Bedrock's vice president of construction. “It starts out with terracotta at street level and transitions to a more modern glass structure as it goes up the building. It's an interesting play off of what's around it and definitely a nod of the Detroit heritage, which is rich in architectural design with Albert Kahn buildings. Our project is a very modern take on that.”

https://www.constructionequipmentgui...-project/40965

That’s an article from 2018 so take that for what it’s worth

Thanks! Well that's good enough for me. I don't see how those tiles could be anything but terracotta, seems pretty obvious. Exciting!

It's my favorite architectural feature of the project. It's a modern design, but with locally architecturally relevant materials. Brilliant touch.

I wasn't going to share the location out of fear they would block the view but I am not sure it really matters. They have them sitting on a lot just north of the new jail that is being built.

Does anyone know when the camera feed will be back up? We didn't get Saturday or Sunday posts like we usually do, so I hope there wasn't any sort of major issue. I know it's being filmed from someone's desk at OCM, and with most companies restricting office access it's always a little spooky when it disappears for a couple of days.... Especially when we're so close to another big pour!

They don't work on Sundays, anyway, so you missed a day.

They don't work on Sundays, anyway, so you missed a day.

Oh I know we haven't missed much, but I'm curious how much we should expect to miss going forward. Hopefully it pops back up today

New video went live about an hour ago

We've established automated monitoring for the camera system, so hopefully that will lead to less downtime.

In my attempt to get to page 100, I ran across two items. One was the Frank Geyhe [[sp?) design and then a later design that was all glass. Also, I ran across an article talking about Barton Malow [[sp?) saying the tower will be 58 stories. Can someone show me the latest rendering and give me the exact stories of the tower? Thx in advance.

The latest rendering is the one for the 912-foot version at 62 floors. They've released no new rendering for the revised tower, nor really much new information as far as specs go. I emailed the project just as a shot-in-the-dark on the project's perpetually un-updated website after the new height was announced, and they told me it was now going to be 49 floors.

So, that's all we know: 680 feet and 49 floors.
    Last edited by Dexlin; March-09-21 at 01:06 AM.

Default Hudsons Site

The latest rendering is the one for the 912-foot version at 62 floors. They've released no new rendering for the revised tower, nor really much new information as far as specs go. I emailed the project just as a shot-in-the-dark on the project's perpetually un-updated website after the new height was announced, and they told me it was now going to be 49 floors.

I continue to wonder if maybe they are going to try and get the tower portion back to the aforementioned taller height, 800 feet. That would be great and really something to look forward to!

Keeps shrinking at this pace it should be done by fall.

I'd rather see a 49 story tower that exists in the next five years than a 62 floor one that doesn't exist. 49 stories is still an awesome new development for downtown. Heck, even if it ends up being less than that, as long as it gets built.

But that being said, I have noticed what seems to be a rather large lack of progress on the tower portion. It does worry me, but Gilbert and company has a reputation of doing what they've said.

I'm still optimistic about the Hudson Tower, but less optimistic about the Monroe Blocks, which might end up being a casualty of post-COVID culture of working from home more. The more people work from home the less office space they need. Also, the more that people work from home, the less compelling it is to live in Downtown Detroit.

The latest renderings are at the end of this video from Bedrock:

Well, actually, no. It was only downsized once. That was to 680 feet; I found out the number of stories right after that on my own. The first floors are going to be [[and we're always going to be) quite tall, which is why even the 912-foot version was going to have a smaller floor count than a typical building at that height.

And, no, EGrant. That video is out-of-date despite it being released after they'd chosen the 680-foot version; it shows the 912-foot version of the building. There has been no revised rendering released aside from a computer sketch of the structural system [[steel) of the building.
    Last edited by Dexlin; March-09-21 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    The latest renderings are at the end of this video from Bedrock:
    EGrant, good find. Is it just me, or are there two different renderings? There's the first one they show in the video with a multi-height tiered building, and then one after that where the building seems to be much more of a rectangular box with no multi-height tiers?

Page 100 of 143 FirstFirst ... 50 90 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 110 ... LastLast