Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 88 of 143 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 138 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 3565

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    I have been going to Denver every year for a very long time and the construction has been ramping up for years now. Californians have been flooding the market like mad the last 5-10 years driving prices sky high. It's insane the amount of growth that's taken place in Denver over the years. They did it right though they were slow but methodical in how they grew that city over the years and it's paying off. Definitely something for Detroit to look up to.

PS Tje people who have been living there a while haaaaate Californians which is always funny to hear.
    That's a good point about Denver. I wouldn't wanna live there though. They had a 70 degree temperature swing in 24 hours. Yikes! Like 101 to freezing with snow. Good Lord.

Also it's funny, where I live in Austin the same thing is happening to Denver. Those damn Californians!! They're invading. They bring their bad driving habits too! 😡

Quote Originally Posted by Seven&wyo View Post
    PS Tje people who have been living there a while haaaaate Californians which is always funny to hear.
    Folks in Colorado have been hating on the transplants from anywhere for a long time now, nothing new there.

Sounds like we have bunch of whiners in CO and TX

Heh, a friend in CO says: "Don't Californicate!"

Quote Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
    Sounds like we have bunch of whiners in CO and TX
    That's us! 😁
    California is a mess. I get why people leave it.

We say that in Texas as well. Don't californicate Texas! Lol. Oh well. I'm sure not all Californians are bad. Wish Detroit could have some of them! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    We say that in Texas as well. Don't californicate Texas! Lol. Oh well. I'm sure not all Californians are bad. Wish Detroit could have some of them! 😂
    I will say I have a met a good amount of New Yorkers moving to Detroit. Usually either in the city or Birmingham.

That's us! 
    California is a mess. I get why people leave it.
    I live in Santa Barbara, yeah it is a total mess. Please tell everyone you know to never visit this dump of a place

I've heard that! I follow Detroit on reddit and have seen newcomers post on there saying they're coming from New York. So interesting! Definitely a trade up in my opinion. You can HAVE the big apple lol. Detroit is affordable and is on the up and up. Still work to be done but it's getting there.

Ha! My condolences. California is a beautiful state nature wise but my God, between politics and the weird people it attracts it's a nightmare. If I want beaches and the ocean I'd rather live in Florida. Was in Panama City for a bit and liked it. It's humid though. Every area has its tradeoffs

Ha! My condolences. California is a beautiful state nature wise but my God, between politics and the weird people it attracts it's a nightmare. If I want beaches and the ocean I'd rather live in Florida. Was in Panama City for a bit and liked it. It's humid though. Every area has its tradeoffs
    I’ll live nowhere but CA. Certainly not FL with its corrupt and incompetent leadership like Dumdum DeSantis and Medicare Fraud Scott

The best natural beaches in the country are in Michigan anyway!

If by nature wise you mean fires, floods, mudslides and the inevitable earthquake, then yeah.

I have lived in Detroit, NYC, Shitcago, Dallas and SB. People in California really are no different than the rest of the country [[unless you're talking about San Fran). Some things get exaggerated so people can make their point. Besides, isn't your town's slogan Keep Austin Weird???

Tried to reply to you but immediately got censored by Detroit yes mods? Guess I'm in timeout.

Yes stereotypes get exaggerated. Not meaning to attack you or your state. Just making an observation. Austin is basically a Californian city right in the heart of Texas. And it is indeed very weird. Shitcago is an apt label for chiraq.

Really what does this discussion about California have to do with the Hudson's site? The construction cam has been down for two days.

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    Really what does this discussion about California have to do with the Hudson's site? The construction cam has been down for two days.
    Well, since the cam is down, I feel no remorse in commenting on California, which is indeed a beautiful state. The drive from LA to San Diego along the coast is stunning. As Luke said, some things about California and its inhabitants are exaggerated. I have a number of business contacts in the state, mostly in Monterey and San Diego Counties, and was mildly surprised to learn over time that many are relatively conservative. Not necessarily Midwest conservative; but, conservative by West Coast standards. I'm not suggesting that's good or bad, only that it may challenge some people's beliefs about California.

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone06 View Post
    Well, since the cam is down, I feel no remorse in commenting on California, which is indeed a beautiful state. The drive from LA to San Diego along the coast is stunning. As Luke said, some things about California and its inhabitants are exaggerated. I have a number of business contacts in the state, mostly in Monterey and San Diego Counties, and was mildly surprised to learn over time that many are relatively conservative. Not necessarily Midwest conservative; but, conservative by West Coast standards. I'm not suggesting that's good or bad, only that it may challenge some people's beliefs about California.
    I've only met one couple from California [[Bay area) that moved here and they couldn't have been more smug. Constantly talking down everything from the food to the general way of life. Glad they left

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone06 View Post
    Well, since the cam is down...
    Cam is back up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_FgCDH-GwU

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    And from yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    And from yesterday:

That ramp being removed is all I'm fixated on in the videos. I can't wait...

Does any one know what contractors are out there? Is Barton Malow the general contractor? I know Limbach will be out hanging duct when the time comes but thats about all I know. Is it Iron workers out there now or do they just hang the iron and not do the foundation work? I know there are operating engineers out there of course. Oh I guess it would be the masons doing the concrete footings. I wonder if there is a list of all contractors who will be working out there?

Looks like they're back to working weekends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUr3sWDhKk

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Looks like they're back to working weekends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpUr3sWDhKk
    Doesn’t look like they worked today. Maybe it was a one time thing or to make up for one of the recent Fridays that they didn’t work.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Kfn7Mre7E80

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    Doesn’t look like they worked today. Maybe it was a one time thing or to make up for one of the recent Fridays that they didn’t work.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Kfn7Mre7E80
    I don't think they've ever worked on Sundays, but it seems they're back to working Saturdays again.

Page 88 of 143 FirstFirst ... 38 78 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 98 138 ... LastLast