The next seven years will likely be an upswing for the City of Detroit and its citizens. At least, I hope so; fervently.

But come the year 2024, the City will be required to make a baloon payment to the Pension Funds. The current estimate is between $137 to $350 million dollars. The City will not have anything close to that, and Bankruptcy II shall result. [[Estimates provided by Mark Young, President of the Detroit Police Lieutenants and Sergeants Ass'n.).

The City will likely ask the State legislature, a rather disorganized bunch of Yahoos, to rescue them, and they will do all they can, other than to provide cash. Legislation will be brought forth to eliminate pensions, make a token lump sum payout, and forbid health care compensation for active and retired employees.

All in all, it's a doom and gloom scenario. Fortunately, in 2024, I'll be 88 and either in a hospice or a grave, so it probably won't make any matter to me. Other than to cry over what a dynamic, prosperous City Detroit once was.

Just venting. Take your shots.