Noise, there's no reason we should be pissing in each other's boots. However, it appears to me you may be a politician stumped by a simple question and claiming you can't answer it because the "question has no premise." Let me enlighten you.

Trump is a very flawed person who alienated women and minorities, the backbone of the electorate. Democrats outspent Trump by a huge margin in support of a very experienced politician with impeccable political panache. Everybody and their dogs thought Trump was going to lose, yet he won a resounding victory [[in the electoral college, the only vote in our Republic that counts.) So, if the Dems couldn't win such a simple no brainer election what makes them think they can run a very complicated economy with one worldwide crisis after another?

Enough premises for you?

And, whether the steps you refer to are backwards or forward depends of course from one's point of view. I for one am upset about a couple of his decisions - backward steps for sure - especially the one where he's actually intending to push for a 20% tariff on Mexican imports; hopefully, cooler heads will prevail.

I'm pretty attuned to current events and truthfully don't believe anyone really thought Mitt was going to win his election as you claim, and I even gave the guy some money. Hoping against hope I guess.