Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 93 of 207 FirstFirst ... 43 83 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 103 143 193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    But can you please stop saying there are democrats who support "open borders"? No elected politician supports that, nor anything close to it. If you believe anyone does, partisan lies from people like GMan are fooling you [[and Oladub too).
    Actually if you do the same research that you suggest others do you will find Democrats do support open borders.

You will find they just do not like the politically charged words "open Borders" being used.

You will find the DNC told Bernie Sanders to stop using the words,they told candidates during the mid terms to stay away from immigration issues.

They knew back when that the Hispanic immigration in Texas,Florida and California approached 44% that sector was the next voting target.

They nurtured then President Obama's deportation policy by limiting funding to only cover the removal of felons and not illegals as a whole,he then had to do an executive order to continue.

Nancy is on record as pushing catch and release,sanctuary cities for protection,saying once they are here illegally they should be allowed to stay,California democrat mayors have warned the public in advance of impending ICE raids,abolish ICE campaigns,the list goes on.

No,they will never say they are for open borders,or their favorite one of saying going after the businesses for employing illegals,but yet cut the funding so immigration does not have the resources in order to do that.

So yes they will stand on top of the mountain of immigration reform and say what they will in order to seem like the compassionate ones in order to get the votes while at the same time creating a back door approach in order to still allow it to continue.

Their message is clear,if you can make it across the border,we will protect and take care of you,which is why it is encouraged and taken advantage of.
    Last edited by Richard; December-30-18 at 11:30 AM.

https://www.politifact.com/personali...ng/pants-fire/
    Show us one, Zacha. Just one. I'll bet you can't. Oladub once tried to, and he couldn't.
    Bust, To help with your memory, you might want to go to posts number 165 and 173 on the Honduras thread on which I posted a photo of Kieth Ellison wearing a shirt on which he sports the slogan, "I don't believe in borders" in Spanish. Your question in post 158 of that thread was,

"Can anyone point to any specific words from any specific senators, representatives, or governors who advocate unlocking the borders?"

Kieth Ellison was a Representative.

Last edited by oladub; December-30-18 at 09:00 PM.

Default Fahrenheit 11/9

Total duration 2 hours:
    Anywhere any bank can be too big to fail, no one should have to be too poor to live.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-30-18 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I dunno, Bust. Why are you so sure there are not some who do support open borders? T
    Name one person who supports "open borders".

Maybe Trump? Would make his illegal hiring practices and next wife search much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    How about getting our troops out of Syria, half of our troops out of Afghanistan, and wishing for all our troops to be removed from Afghanistan and Iraq? That's a much bigger issue than whether Obama went to Syria 3 times to visit troops he promised to remove. Stinging the troops along with visits after promising to get them out verges on masochism to non-Democrats. I was hoping you would comment on troop pullouts.
    Pentagon: No order yet from White House to draw down troops in Afghanistan
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...om-afghanistan

After meeting with Lindsey Graham and at the behest of the Israeli Prime Minister, Trump has ordered that the withdraw of U.S. troops from Syria be "slowed down", troops to remain there heading into 2019.
    https://news.sky.com/story/trump-ord...rawal-11595441

Trump: "No plans at all" to draw down U.S. troops in Iraq
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...m-iraq-2018-12

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Pentagon: No order yet from White House to draw down troops in Afghanistan
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...om-afghanistan

After meeting with Lindsey Graham and at the behest of the Israeli Prime Minister, Trump has ordered that the withdraw of U.S. troops from Syria be "slowed down", troops to remain there heading into 2019.
    https://news.sky.com/story/trump-ord...rawal-11595441

Trump: "No plans at all" to draw down U.S. troops in Iraq
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...m-iraq-2018-12
    aj, Repeat - "I was hoping you would comment on troop pullouts." You again didn't endorse or oppose the idea of getting our troops out of Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq. No position except that whatever Trump does is bad. I would prefer that the troops come home immediately but Trump taking them out is the opposite of Bush and Obama putting them in. The two Korean leaders are seeing a lot of each other too. This must be the age of Aquarius or maybe it has something to do with Trump. Where are the Democrats on getting the troops out Working on a coup? Remember the days when Democrats were somehow, for some reason, considered the peace party? I'm just kidding. I remember Lyndon Johnson too well. You and your stupid wars.
    Last edited by oladub; December-31-18 at 03:30 PM.

I don't know, but maybe we can do 800 miles of 20' sheet rock, with water balloon canons manned by the Space Force on turrets ?

Lindsey Graham will not cave anytime soon. Or Trump. Just a Bro-fest going on there.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...88373451206656

Happy New Year!...he's still an idiot.
    Last edited by Maof; January-01-19 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...88373451206656

Happy New Year!...he's still an idiot.
    I cracked up when I saw that post; he really just.doesn't. get. it.

I do not know,he is president,maybe we are the ones that do not “get it”.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I cracked up when I saw that post; he really just.doesn't. get. it.
    and i broke my new years resolution by posting it

Yes, another reason I walked away from the convo. I find most absolutist 'everyone does' or 'no one does!' themes can start arguments that end poorly.

https://www.politifact.com/personali...ng/pants-fire/

Show us one, Zacha. Just one. I'll bet you can't. Oladub once tried to, and he couldn't.
    Bust, To help with your memory, you might want to go to posts number 165 and 173 on the Honduras thread on which I posted a photo of Kieth Ellison wearing a shirt on which he sports the slogan, "I don't believe in borders" in Spanish. Your question in post 158 of that thread was,

"Can anyone point to any specific words from any specific senators, representatives, or governors who advocate unlocking the borders?"

Kieth Ellison was a Representative.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-05-19 at 06:40 AM.

Here we go... in this corner of the ring we have......

Pelosi Will Show Trump He's Not the Only One in Washington With Power
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...er_139088.html

Trump, Pelosi face off in epic power struggle

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04/polit...own/index.html

Last edited by Zacha341; January-04-19 at 06:51 AM.

He's a complete idiot. He's on all stations and AGAIN, spewing nonsense and just admitted saying this....

“We told the president we needed the government open. He resisted. In fact he said he would keep it closed for a very long period of time, months or even years,” Schumer said.

Last edited by Maof; January-04-19 at 02:28 PM.

"As of September 30, 2015, 183 illicit cross-border tunnels have been discovered in the United States since Fiscal Year 1990."
    Has anyone heard how deep Trump's Folly is supposed to go?

aj, Repeat - "I was hoping you would comment on troop pullouts." You again didn't endorse or oppose the idea of getting our troops out of Syria, Afghanistan, and Iraq. No position except that whatever Trump does is bad.
    I can't take a stance on what Trump does because:
    1) his words so often do not match his actions, and just about every word out of his mouth is a proven lie
    2) What Trump says today does not match what he said yesterday and may not match what he says tomorrow

I do support bringing the troops home. I do not TRUST Trump to do what he says in a responsible or sensible way, and quite frankly, he lies so much that I refuse to give him credit for anything until it's actually DONE.

So I'll give Trump credit when the troops actually come home and not a day before. You're the one who wants to fall to your knees and "thank" Trump for promising to do something that hasn't happened yet. BTW, latest word is that the troops will remain in Syria through April. What was that you were saying earlier about their families having a merrier Christmas thanks to Trump?

And where's that draw down order for Afghanistan? Is it in the same pile of promises as "Mexico will pay for the Wall?"

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    I can't take a stance on what Trump does because:
    1) his words so often do not match his actions, and just about every word out of his mouth is a proven lie
    2) What Trump says today does not match what he said yesterday and may not match what he says tomorrow

I do support bringing the troops home. I do not TRUST Trump to do what he says in a responsible or sensible way, and quite frankly, he lies so much that I refuse to give him credit for anything until it's actually DONE.

So I'll give Trump credit when the troops actually come home and not a day before. You're the one who wants to fall to your knees and "thank" Trump for promising to do something that hasn't happened yet. BTW, latest word is that the troops will remain in Syria through April. What was that you were saying earlier about their families having a merrier Christmas thanks to Trump?

And where's that draw down order for Afghanistan? Is it in the same pile of promises as "Mexico will pay for the Wall?"
    Maybe its in the same pile of promises with "you can keep your own doctor", the average American family's health car premiums will go down $1,500 when they went up $2,500 instead, or if I'm elected, the first thing I will do is bring the troops home from Iraq. Obama is in the past but what are the options today? Democrats aren't advocating a wall or any improvements in border protection. Trump is talking about extricating us from the mess that Obama involved us in in Syria. I don't hear any Democrats except Tulsi Gabbard and maybe Bernie Sanders suggest getting out. Border security and bringing troops home are more Trump's policies. Democrats offer Trump derangement syndrome as a substitute for policy. 15,000 people are said to be packing up for the next caravan while Democratic policies are requiring ICE to be dumping thousands of naturalization law felons on local taxpayers and providing less money, after inflation, for protecting our borders. Democrats' refusal to compromise on border security [[$2,5B of high tech border fencing instead of Trump's $5B of wall anyone?) make Democrats more responsible for the government shutdown.

Todays headlines on Drudge:
    JOBS UP BIG!
    +312,000
    RECORD NUMBER WORKING
    MANUFACTURING BEST IN 20 YEARS
    HISPANIC UNEMPLOYMENT LOWEST EVER
    DOW +747

Democrats respond to sunshine with calling Trump a "mother f-----". All of the above distracts from the coup. But imagine parent of troops hearing Trump creating a neocon meltdown talking about getting troop out of Afghanistan and Syria. That was a Christmas present. Too bad it's six months instead of thirty days or yesterday but the orders already went out under Mattis, a good soldier, to get out of Syria. The larger issue is who put those troops in and who has issued orders to get them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Has anyone heard how deep Trump's Folly is supposed to go?
    Given that the vast majority of illegals come by plane, via tourist visa, the "wall" can go to the center of the earth, won't do a damn thing to stop illegals. Melania came by plane, so did Trump's Polish illegal construction workers, so did his South American illegal housekeepers.

But we all know Trump is very "concerned" about immigration law and isn't just a race-baiting huckster, right? That's why he shut down the govt., which means E-Verify is shut down and border patrol isn't being paid.

^^^ I hear that. Still a fence, or wall would help, lest we throw up our hands already? We already look like chumps as we toil to be all to everyone in this situation [[except for our own people).

I really don't look at Trumps wives, or whatever solely to judge rather allowing more illegals is good for this country. It's not. Period. This immigration thing is FAR bigger than Trump [[and his hypocrisy or inconsistencies et al depending on what side you're on) -- if we could just keep that top of mind.

Historically, we see that some form of barrier did NOT start with Trump. Looking back, for example at the 2006 Defense Act we see that during the Bush admin '[Then senator] Obama, Clinton, Schumer and 23 other Democratic senators voted in favor of the act when it passed in the Senate by a vote of 80 to 19.':

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/23/mick-mulvaney/fact-check-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/

We are pawns. As I've said we must come off a feckless arguing over what to provide others who break our laws - giving to them what which we don't do for our own! Take a look for example at the people living in the streets of NY and San Fran in the thousands!

The dem elite want illegals for their agenda and the repub elite want them for theirs! In the meantime Jones laying in the gutter need not stir.

We must stay focused on finding reasoned/ effective measures of securing our borders and immigration reform. Facing the fact that we cannot accommodate all. Considering we have our own suffering -- limited resources, a weakening infrastructure etc., that should come first.

Does Trump own that idea?
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-06-19 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Given that the vast majority of illegals come by plane, via tourist visa, the "wall" can go to the center of the earth, won't do a damn thing to stop illegals. Melania came by plane, so did Trump's Polish illegal construction workers, so did his South American illegal housekeepers.

But we all know Trump is very "concerned" about immigration law and isn't just a race-baiting huckster, right? That's why he shut down the govt., which means E-Verify is shut down and border patrol isn't being paid.
    The vast majority of illegal aliens do not come here on a tourist visa. About 40% of illegal aliens come here on tourist visas. Canada has the highest percentage of overstayed visas but Canadians tend to overstay briefly and not by design. But you make a good point that visa enforcement is a big problem too. What are Democrats doing to correct that? We can't afford too many 9/11's.

Melania received an "Einstein visa" and became a citizen after that. We've been through this before. Your argument is with courts if you don't like that. What does the House budget have in it to deal with illegal Polish workers and South American housekeepers by the way? Probably nothing. As far as I know, the Democrats' House budget doesn't even talk the talk about protecting borders or address visa overstays and flatly refuses to build additional walls or even fences. Democrats don't even pretend anymore.

Their unwillingness to compromise with Trump on border security issues makes Democrats more responsible for the shut down government.

The vast majority of illegal aliens do not come here on a tourist visa.
    This is a lie. I stopped reading right there. If you post obvious lies, one can comfortably assume you're trolling.

70% of undocumented Americans arrived via tourist visa. Melania was working under tourist visa, and was an illegal. Trump's construction workers came illegally, under tourist visas. Trump's housekeepers came illegally under tourist visas.

Trump doesn't support any changes to tourist visas, so is obviously a fraud who doesn't give a damn about illegal immigration outside of using the issue to feed his racist base.

^ is it not a bit biased to call Melania an illegal but yet everybody else is considered undocumented?

Or is it just women that you are racist against?

We already had the discussion about you believing your own lies while telling others they are lying.

A 2004 report from the General Accounting Office, based on 2000 data, gave estimates on visa overstays ranging from 27 percent to 31 percent to 57 percent.
    But no one has truly updated those estimates since then, mostly because there is no data available from which to draw new conclusions, the Migration Policy Institute’s Marc Rosenblum said.

https://www.politifact.com/florida/s...nts-are-overs/

You wrote 70% but the number is at 40% soooooo,what does that make you?
    Last edited by Richard; January-05-19 at 04:21 PM.

What "extraordinary ability" did Melania have in order to get her EB-1 visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    What "extraordinary ability" did Melania have in order to get her EB-1 visa?
    The ability to pose topless without blushing

Page 93 of 207 FirstFirst ... 43 83 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 103 143 193 ... LastLast