Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 38 of 207 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Aww shucks....I got fired for trying to serve my country.
    I only took a trip overseas at the taxpayers expense and accepted free gifts in the name of doing my job. Ingrates!
    That's not why he was fired, that was just the excuse. Political appointees within the VA [[AKA Trump's representatives) having been trying to push Shulkin out for months because they saw him as an obstacle towards privatizing the VA.

Ask yourself this, if Shulkin was fired for misusing a few thousand dollars of taxpayer money to take his wife to Europe, then why hasn't Ryan Zinke been fired? Ben Carson? Scott Pruitt? They all wasted far far larger sums of taxpayer money on first class airfare, private jets, custom office furniture, etc. If we're holding people accountable as stewards of taxpayer dollars, I want to see all three of those men fired before June.

Anyways, another week, another top official fired. Which cabinet official will lose their job next week? "I only hire the best people." -Trump

But you see no problem with Facebook using the data to help the former commander in chief during the last election cycle?

Maybe FB should have a disclaimer that states....[[ We will use your data to further our agenda but others will be damned to try to use it against our will. Even if we get paid. )
    The Obama Campaign didn't violate Facebook's terms of service [[TOS) to harvest that data, Cambridge Analytica did. Pretty important distinction there, wouldn't you say? For starters, the Obama Campaign collected their data through an official campaign application. People who installed it KNEW that the app they were installing was from the Obama Campaign, there was no subterfuge.

Cambridge Analytica collected its data from a "personality quiz" application, whose fine print told users that their information would only be used for "academic research purposes", not for partisan political reasons. That's what we refer to in the real world as a "lie." They lied to people in order to collect their data. And that's why it's a violation of Facebook's TOS.

Also, Cambridge Analytica has been involved in all sorts of criminal activities outside their Facebook data debacle, including suspected blackmail and bribery of politicians, hiring prostitutes for politicians, and sending foreign citizens to illegally participate in American political campaigns. Did Obama do those things in 2012?
    Last edited by aj3647; March-29-18 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Ask yourself this, if Shulkin was fired for misusing a few thousand dollars of taxpayer money to take his wife to Europe, then why hasn't Ryan Zinke been fired? Ben Carson? Scott Pruitt? They all wasted far far larger sums of taxpayer money on first class airfare, private jets, custom office furniture, etc. If we're holding people accountable as stewards of taxpayer dollars, I want to see all three of those men fired before June.
    Excellent analysis AJ. Here, have some crickets for your troubles.

I'm still holding out for Sara "The Huckster" Sanders as the next rolling head, but I think she is out of the spotlight after her gaffs on the Stormy Daniels saga. But the timing of Trumps dismissals have not ceased to amaze me. Maybe he'll go after Mueller finally and we can sit back and enjoy the firestorm that results. I'm running out of familiar names to play White House Death Pool with. Shocking, I know.

Also, Cambridge Analytica has been involved in all sorts of criminal activities outside their Facebook data debacle, including suspected blackmail and bribery of politicians, hiring prostitutes for politicians, and sending foreign citizens to illegally participate in American political campaigns. Did Obama do those things in 2012?
    Facebook is an information gatekeeper with financial and political motives. Some of us knew better than to fill out online personality tests to find out what movie character we are most like. Prostitutes used to be hired for the use of State legislators at the Jack Tarr Hotel in Lansing according to an MSU political science instructor and former legislator I once had. That is nothing new and happens in state although maybe it is only shocking to some if part of the coup. An estimated 90% of illegal Canadian campaign contributions in 2016 went to Hillary. Obama.com was owned by a Chinese guy and 68% of its hits were foreign. It directed its viewers to donate with little oversight. The latter stinks but is nothing compared with Obama policies leading to hundreds of thousands of Arab deaths and millions of refugees, tolerating the growth of ISIS to pressure Assad, giving automatic rifles to Mexican drug cartels, weaponizing government agencies against his opponents, etc.. Obama is not an exemplar of morality except to some Democrats.

That's not why he was fired, that was just the excuse. Political appointees within the VA [[AKA Trump's representatives) having been trying to push Shulkin out for months because they saw him as an obstacle towards privatizing the VA.

Anyways, another week, another top official fired. Which cabinet official will lose their job next week? "I only hire the best people." -Trump

The Obama Campaign didn't violate Facebook's terms of service [[TOS) to harvest that data, Cambridge Analytica did. Pretty important distinction there, wouldn't you say? For starters, the Obama Campaign collected their data through an official campaign application. People who installed it KNEW that the app they were installing was from the Obama Campaign, there was no subterfuge.

Cambridge Analytica collected its data from a "personality quiz" application, whose fine print told users that their information would only be used for "academic research purposes", not for partisan political reasons. That's what we refer to in the real world as a "lie." They lied to people in order to collect their data. And that's why it's a violation of Facebook's TOS.

As well as Donald himself. He's the worst offender with his weekly golf trips. Let's throw in Mnuchin too.

.................................................. ...................

Hey weren't you calling this lavish spending out a month ago? Congrats. They heard you. Just wait, more will fall.

.................................................. ..........
    Actually the data collection by FB for O did violate User terms of agreement. That is why FB is being investigated. Camb. Analytical information was harvested the same way. It was just used by a third party in a way not intended by FB.
    It's not the distinction that is the problem. It's the harvesting that is bothersome.

Interesting how some are obsessed with his golf course visits,in the business world their are a lot of deals and discussions made on the golf course.

Maybe he should be sitting at a table with tea and crumpets like the gossip woman's club.

Actually the data collection by FB for O did violate User terms of agreement. That is why FB is being investigated. Camb. Analytical information was harvested the same way. It was just used by a third party in a way not intended by FB.
    It's not the distinction that is the problem. It's the harvesting that is bothersome.
    No Gman, that's false. Or another word for it would be "lies."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ob...dge-analytica/

Although the Obama campaign in 2012 did target potential voters using information gathered from Facebook profiles, there were key differences. The Obama for America organization accessed voters’ Facebook information when they logged on to the campaign web site via Facebook. Obama supporters were given a permission screen in which they could approve or deny the request, which clearly came from the Obama campaign.

Although Obama for America did collect data on users’ friends, it was at the time in line with Facebook policy. A Facebook spokesperson told us both candidates Obama and Republican Mitt Romney had access to the same tools. In 2015, Facebook changed the rules so that apps could no longer target the friends of users who downloaded them.

In the case of Cambridge Analytica, information was gathered from users and given to a third party under false pretenses. According to Facebook, University of Cambridge psychologist Aleksandr Kogan created a personality quiz which users could download in an app called “thisisyourdigitallife.” Kogan presented the app as a tool that would be used for academic research — but the work was paid for by Cambridge Analytica. Facebook users were not informed that their data [[and that of their friends) would be deployed by a political firm hired by the Trump campaign for psychographic profiling in the upcoming election.
    You can play "Whataboutism" all day long, but check your facts first. The Obama Campaign's data collection efforts in 2012 did not violate Facebook's TOS at the time, nor did they mislead people by hiding their affiliation with Obama's campaign. Cambridge Analytica did both of those. Oh, and they also probably committed a whole shitload of felonies completely separate from the Facebook stuff.

If you care to dispute these facts, post your proof.

I’ve been wondering; when President Trump meets Rocket Man will he follow the precedent set by THE MAGIC ONE of [[only) bowing to non-caucasion leaders [[will he be able to persuade John Bolton to bow?).

Will he also get some advice from our neighbor Trudeau on how to dress for success in foreign countries?
    Last edited by coracle; March-29-18 at 03:53 PM.

No Gman, that's false. Or another word for it would be "lies."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ob...dge-analytica/

You can play "Whataboutism" all day long, but check your facts first. The Obama Campaign's data collection efforts in 2012 did not violate Facebook's TOS at the time, nor did they mislead people by hiding their affiliation with Obama's campaign. Cambridge Analytica did both of those. Oh, and they also probably committed a whole shitload of felonies completely separate from the Facebook stuff.

If you care to dispute these facts, post your proof.
    OH MY SNOPES....it must be true.

Well the people that signed up for it knew but their friends list was data mined without friends knowledge. But FB did it so it must be ok.

They are being looked into for that data use and privacy violations.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I’ve been wondering; when President Trump meets Rocket Man will he follow the precedent set by THE MAGIC ONE of [[only) bowing to non-caucasion leaders [[will he be able to persuade John Bolton to bow?).

Will he also get some advice from our neighbor Trudeau on how to dress for success in foreign countries?
    I think the president should show him home movies of the Marshal island nuke tests.

Or when they exchange gifts give him a gold plated nuke missle hitting an island desk plaque.

Or even a complementary set of gold plated cuff links in the shape of a little nuke missle.

Maybe even have Sir Elton John accompanying him.

OH MY SNOPES....it must be true.

Well the people that signed up for it knew but their friends list was data mined without friends knowledge. But FB did it so it must be ok.

They are being looked into for that data use and privacy violations.
    I guess my mother was right when she said never fill out online surveys.

Honest to God, I think the both of them should get crewcuts on pay-to-watch global TV, and donate the proceeds to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I guess my mother was right when she said never fill out online surveys.
    Did your mom also tell you to vote for Chump?

The
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Richard isn’t eligible to vote in Canada; so there’s no way he could have voted for Trudeau. Only Canadians voted for their chump.

The
    Richard isn’t eligible to vote in Canada; so there’s no way he could have voted for Trudeau. Only Canadians voted for their chump.
    While it is chue that both leaders' last names begin with Chu, Chudeau and Chump may not be confused. There is but one Chump.

There is but one Chump.
    And he dresses up like an Indian.

No she passed many years ago thanks to an inept hospital.

Interesting though,they lived in a tin shack with a dirt floor in the middle of a cold Minnesota winter while her father was trading chicken eggs for lumber to build a house for the farm.

In between school and farm chores,her and her mother sewed clothes for the rich folk so by the time she graduated high school she had four rental units and was self sufficient in a time when women were supposed to stay in the kitchen.

She raised 6 kids,became a business woman and real estate developer inbetween haveing a antique doll and handmade quilt store.

She still found time to document the city's history and trace down our roots across the world.

She did all of that without having to attend marches with women parts on her head,or spending time demanding equal rights,or calling people names that did not agree with her,or worry about others spelling,or spend her time obsessing with who the president was at the currant time.

I guess you could say she chose her destiny and did not make excuses as to why she did not achieve it,I guess that is the difference,you can choose to sit around with the woe is me or you can do something about it.

Your upset about the currant president but it is not going to change anything,you can call him all the school kid names all you want but at the end of th day you are the one that is control of your own life,if he upsets you that much you have bigger issues then who the currant president is.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    No she passed many years ago thanks to an inept hospital.

Interesting though,they lived in a tin shack with a dirt floor in the middle of a cold Minnesota winter while her father was trading chicken eggs for lumber to build a house for the farm.

In between school and farm chores,her and her mother sewed clothes for the rich folk so by the time she graduated high school she had four rental units and was self sufficient in a time when women were supposed to stay in the kitchen.

She raised 6 kids,became a business woman and real estate developer inbetween haveing a antique doll and handmade quilt store.

She still found time to document the city's history and trace down our roots across the world.

She did all of that without having to attend marches with women parts on her head,or spending time demanding equal rights,or calling people names that did not agree with her,or worry about others spelling,or spend her time obsessing with who the president was at the currant time.

I guess you could say she chose her destiny and did not make excuses as to why she did not achieve it,I guess that is the difference,you can choose to sit around with the woe is me or you can do something about it.

Your upset about the currant president but it is not going to change anything,you can call him all the school kid names all you want but at the end of th day you are the one that is control of your own life,if he upsets you that much you have bigger issues then who the currant president is.

That explains it all in a nutshell, Richard.

If your currant, or rather orange president-elect stopped complaining about trade deficits and social woes of his countrymen and women, and instead worried about his business interests outside his duties, then and only then, would your country fare better.

That's the crux of the knownothing approach to goverment disguised as a hands-off executive. Of course, it is anything but a hands-off approach

That explains it all in a nutshell, Richard.

If your currant, or rather orange president-elect stopped complaining about trade deficits and social woes of his countrymen and women, and instead worried about his business interests outside his duties, then and only then, would your country fare better.

That's the crux of the knownothing approach to goverment disguised as a hands-off executive. Of course, it is anything but a hands-off approach
    What is clear is he has more of a clue about things then you or myself because he is there and we are not.

If you were the expert on how to govern a country you could start with being president in your own, then at that time you may have cause to be worried about how ours runs this one.

But then you would have to explain to your taxpayers about haveing to be on the hook for a bridge that will never be paid for and how to get around that big floating border wall.

The current resident sitting in the oval office has no clue and is not an expert on governing the country. His goons try to help out but they're not doing a very good job either.
    Last edited by Maof; March-31-18 at 10:49 AM.

^ but you are so,how come you are not president?

Keep looking at his faults while completely ignoring why and how he got there.

How is that working out?

We “If your currant, or rather orange president-elect stopped complaining about trade deficits and social woes of his countrymen and women, and instead worried about his business interests outside his duties, then and only then, would your country fare better.”

What sort of crap is that? He isn’t “president-elect”. He’s having a massive impact on the world and is MAGA. If you don’t want to believe that, just keep your head stuck in the liberal press asshole.

On the other hand your own “obamaesque leader” is still struggling to maintain your dollar at only 77 cents US and taxes visitors up the wazoo to pay for your own social services [[as soon as we persuade our illegals they’d be better off by spilling into Canada, the better off we’ll be).

Last edited by coracle; March-31-18 at 02:06 PM.

Whoa! Carbuncle, hold your horses...t. I never said Chump wasn't Making America Grate Again.
    Last edited by canuck; March-31-18 at 11:50 AM.

^ no need to fear the Grate,unless one is a block of cheese.A sip of wine and good to go.

Translated into would you like a little cheese with that wine.
    Last edited by Richard; March-31-18 at 02:42 PM.

Would you want some whine with that grate?

Page 38 of 207 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 138 ... LastLast