Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 22 of 207 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 122 ... LastLast

I think most of the general population sees Pocahontas's as a cute little cartoon character in a movie so not sure how that is considered racist.

Sometimes people overthink things.

^^^ Native American's may think differently about that.

I hear you. The selective outrage re. Warren etc. is neon-bright!

Further, the 'holla'-before-you-hurt' over sensitivity on some matters I get. Yet as an independent I still feel that particular comment still stung, and I'm not Native American. It was unwise for him to say it, to me it akin to saying 'Sambo' or some other term pejorative terms re. black people. Withstanding party or political ideology in my opinion.

And yes, if Hillary were POTUS we'd have another batch of issues and crazy police going forth. Had she not been running in the first place, we'd not have Trump. I voted for neither.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    I'm not particularly a Trump fan although still consider him better than the alternative whose history included creating and voting for policies that killed hundreds of thousands of Arabs and turned millions more into refugees. I'm not sure that calling a liar "Pocahontas" is a racial slur just because the liberal media tells us it is. After all, teams aren't supposed to use Indian names but Elizabeth Warren does just that. She even submitted plagiarized recipes to the Pow Wow Chow cook book. All the angst against Indian named sports teams while allowing Elizabeth Warren to portray herself as a minority seems very selective on the part of liberals. However that selectivity falls far short of calling Trump racist for outing Warren while ignoring Hillary's de facto racism resulting in millions of Arab casualties.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-29-17 at 12:37 PM.

Problem is nobody knows what or how they think,outside of treat everybody with respect no matter who or what.

My generation was raised on cowboys and Indians,movies portrayed them as the bad guys and in play the cowboy was the good guy.

I cannot recall ever playing the same as my children were growing up.

So you end up with an uneducated public that does not have a clue,the answer was to boycott Columbus Day for a week and call for the renaming,here we are monthes later and not a peep until next year.

When I went to school I guess there was a biased education in regards to the Indian culture and am not sure how it is anymore.

So one can say it is a racist comment and most will not even know what it means.

Most of the people and business owners that I know are tied up with daily life and providing for thier families that they pay little attention to the tweets or off comments of the day,let alone find the time to watch and diagnose the news.

They only care about if they are doing better this year then last,most are,so as long as that stays in effect they will still support.

The problem with the multiple popular cause of the month is they are starting to have a numbing effect,as valid as they are they pop up heavy for a few weeks then it is on to the next one,the general public cannot absorb all of that and the validity of the cause is lost,which is the sad part because we see no positive results,and some view them as a barrage of attacks.
    Last edited by Richard; November-29-17 at 12:55 PM.

The problem is, DT has zero class and instead of honoring these gentleman, he just had to say something stupid [[once again) that had nothing to do with the ceremony.

Yep, stupid. It certainly was not wise, funny or endearing or even witty. One sorta runs out of 'placements' for his comment......

I have a serious question for the people who are satisfied with this President.

Is there any concern that the guy is a little overboard with his unprofessional conduct and could cause a backlash at the polls in the future that would cause the pendulum to swing back significantly hard to the left? So hard that anything he achieves legislation wise will be just be undone because he supported it?

Honestly I only ask because there are very few Americans in our history that everyone agrees that they were in fact great but were considered by many to be a total asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    The problem is, DT has zero class and instead of honoring these gentleman, he just had to say something stupid [[once again) that had nothing to do with the ceremony.
    Sometimes people underthink things.

Well, some people predictably underthink things.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post

Is there any concern that the guy is a little overboard with his unprofessional conduct and could cause a backlash at the polls in the future that would cause the pendulum to swing back significantly hard to the left? So hard that anything he achieves legislation wise will be just be undone because he supported it?

Honestly I only ask because there are very few Americans in our history that everyone agrees that they were in fact great but were considered by many to be a total asshole.
    And, anyone really regret voting for him? I have two siblings out of four that did vote for him. One admitted "i don't know what the hell i was thinking" and the other, well, we don't even talk about it because it ends in disaster.

He is defiantly a Alpha male who says what is on his mind at the given moment and a billionaire who is used to getting his way.

Not much different then other billionaires and the attitude that accompanies that part.Sam Walton,Warren Buffet was and are pretty cool ones but the others that are in the public eye also have their moments.

It does not really justify actions and okay he does go overboard at times,but he was not really elected to play the role of a politician and be loyal to one party.

He does piss everybody off equally,but in doing so he also keeps them on their toes and less apt to become stagnant.

I guess he is holding up on that end,it depends on how one likes to be treated,personally I would rather have somebody be honest with me upfront and tell me how they really feel then to talk behind the back.

That is the average politician,they will sell you the world to get your vote then not think twice about selling you down the road.True or not?

He based his campaign on real issues that were bothering people and that was the connection.

The question is how much time does he need to transition from a demanding business owner that is used to getting their way,my way or the highway,to one that can play the part of meeting halfway.So he is allowed slack.

I do not care if he stands in front of the world and says screw you and the public has a fit,because they have no problem sending their goods here freely but charging us 40% for ours,so the ones that are crying the most are the ones that are taking the biggest advantage.

As it stands now it would be a tough sell to swing the pendulum back to the left because they are so caught up in the daily barrage that they will not find the time to organize.

They give him way to much credit in the minute by minute playback and unless they can concentrate on building up a reputable candidate and reinstate the whole democratic process of choices.

The choices were made for us,it was either her or him,pick one,it was already decided.

So if the economy stays strong,immigration gets handled or working on towards a resolution,and he puts this country and Americans first and foremost,which is his job,he will be hard to beat again.

Mr. Obama and others also had their share of moments that were beat into the ground but now with social media you hear about every word uttered the second it happens.But it is just words,there is really no need to read more into them or blow them up into a massive daily talking point.
    Last edited by Richard; November-29-17 at 11:55 PM.

Mr. Obama also used better optics. For example, what possessed Trump to have a painting of former president Andrew Jackson in the background during that North American Veterans awards ceremony!!

Does he know nothing of history? Many Native American's don't hold well to Jackson who breaking many promises forced the relocation of the Cherokee people - causing many thousands to suffer and die [[Trail_of_Tears). Even after they [[The Cherokee) complied to work with that administration. DUH! Horrid optics, lack of knowledge etc. Well ok........

The 'my president - right or wrong' crowd are having to work hard to manage a pile of problems here - damage control deluxe.... I'd love to hear Gazhekwe [[spelling bad I think) thoughts on this as a Native American. President Trumps snipe to Warren was misplaced here. SMH.....
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-01-17 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He is defiantly a Alpha male who says what is on his mind at the given moment and a billionaire who is used to getting his way.

Not much different then other billionaires and the attitude that accompanies that part.Sam Walton,Warren Buffet was and are pretty cool ones but the others that are in the public eye also have their moments.

It does not really justify actions and okay he does go overboard at times,but he was not really elected to play the role of a politician and be loyal to one party.

He does piss everybody off equally,but in doing so he also keeps them on their toes and less apt to become stagnant.

I guess he is holding up on that end,it depends on how one likes to be treated,personally I would rather have somebody be honest with me upfront and tell me how they really feel then to talk behind the back.

That is the average politician,they will sell you the world to get your vote then not think twice about selling you down the road.True or not?

He based his campaign on real issues that were bothering people and that was the connection.

The question is how much time does he need to transition from a demanding business owner that is used to getting their way,my way or the highway,to one that can play the part of meeting halfway.So he is allowed slack.

I do not care if he stands in front of the world and says screw you and the public has a fit,because they have no problem sending their goods here freely but charging us 40% for ours,so the ones that are crying the most are the ones that are taking the biggest advantage.

As it stands now it would be a tough sell to swing the pendulum back to the left because they are so caught up in the daily barrage that they will not find the time to organize.

They give him way to much credit in the minute by minute playback and unless they can concentrate on building up a reputable candidate and reinstate the whole democratic process of choices.

The choices were made for us,it was either her or him,pick one,it was already decided.

So if the economy stays strong,immigration gets handled or working on towards a resolution,and he puts this country and Americans first and foremost,which is his job,he will be hard to beat again.

Mr. Obama and others also had their share of moments that were beat into the ground but now with social media you hear about every word uttered the second it happens.But it is just words,there is really no need to read more into them or blow them up into a massive daily talking point.
    Thank You for answering my question directly Richard.

Myself, I am very concerned about what appears to be a unwillingness to compromise along party lines and that we are going to be caught in a environment of a wildly swinging pendulum.

Just my opinion but that scenario will not bring long term economic stability or a consistent foreign policy.

We came,We saw,he died.

Hillary Clinton as secretary of state commenting about the overthrow of Qaddafi,it was on her recommendation and planning of the overthrow,problem is there was no back up plan to place a government in charge.

Welcome to 2017 where you can now buy black immigrant slaves on the open market in Libya.

But she is loved by millions.

Millions of Americans poured their hearts out in money and donations to help the devastated in Haiti,but it disappeared through her connections.

But she is loved by millions.

Americans do not have an issue with reopening the slave trade,or collecting millions in order to line ones personal pockets while people die from drinking dirty water.

Millions of Americans love and voted for the woman that had a direct hand in reintroducing the slave trade but cry racist because the president made a comment.

I would garner that the ones that were sold on the block today would have rather suffered the pain of listening to President Trump for a few years then knowing that the rest of their life is going to be spent in chains and servitude.

I agree,what is wrong with this country?

Thank You for answering my question directly Richard.

Myself, I am very concerned about what appears to be a unwillingness to compromise along party lines and that we are going to be caught in a environment of a wildly swinging pendulum.

Just my opinion but that scenario will not bring long term economic stability or a consistent foreign policy.
    I kinda view it as he is given more credit then is deserved,he is not all powerful or a dictator and he cannot make up the rules as he goes along,their is a system in place to prevent that from happening.

He will have to compromise because that is how it is done,but I feel that he will never admit it publicly,it will be,I made this happen.

But at the end of the day if positive results occur towards the rest of the country,who cares who takes the credit,what really matters is the impact on the average citizen.

This whole spat between democrats and republicans,the house and the senate is the way it works and should be,to have a president in place that gets 100% support is dangerous,and everybody needs to have input to keep everybody else in check.

The whole foreign policy is going to be interesting to see how it plays out,Merkel was anti Trump but she is on her way out for not dealing with the exact same issues that got Trump elected.

I have to agree with President Trump when it comes to trade,if it is not a fair deal then we should not be involved in it,it is not our duty to become a third world country while in the process of lifting third world countries up.

It does not mean we cannot have trade,but nobody I know anyways would not trade a 2017 Cadillac for a 1973 Pinto,which is what we are doing.It is our neighbors and friends and family that is paying for the difference.

With Brexit pretty much all of Europe is going to be in disarray until that gets resolved,really our market targets are now Poland and the other X block countries.

Our biggest threat and most realistic is China and Russia changing petrol from gold standred USD to Yen.That will spin the markets.

China has announced their 20 year one highway plan,which is to control all of Asia,then the world becomes divided into three sections of control,China,Russia,United states.

That is why the big military change that upset everybody when he said that everybody needs to ramp up,because Russia prefers Europe,China prefers Asia Then it will be us and the Canadians who cannot stand Trump and are anti war,but not afraid to lose millions of automatic weapons that nobody know where they went,so that leaves Canada speaking Russian,Chinese or Canadian that will be their choice.

That is what is happening,we as the people are in the here and now while our government needs to be looking at and preparing for what is going to happen 10-20 years down the road and put things in place that makes no sense today but is essential in the long term for survival.

He is actually doing things now that are outside of his 4 year term,which is a change.

Think about what would happen if China dropped their imports by 80% to the US,this country would not last 90 days before collapsing,China would not lose a dime and they would control us without a shot.

That is why all of the trade deals and military deals and confirming who is really on our side and who is not.

That will keep the markets strong for a few years any ways,billions of dollars and supplies from Canada,America,Australia,Israel etc. those little countries like Poland and Holland need to be able to stave off an attack for a couple of weeks while the allies mobilize so they are not over run like in the past,rhetoric is rhetoric but the bottom line is everybody needs to cover everybody else butt.In case.

The hard part is selling that to the people which has been historically difficult when they are not being shot at.

Feeding that war machine,opening new markets in the past soviet block countries is where our pointer is at now.

I am thinking the real test is going to be in his third year,the fourth year is going to be awash with election campaigning,one can only imagine the fiasco that that is going to bring and it will drop the markets with uncertainty.

But he really has not stopped campaigning sense being elected and he certainly,thanks to the media,is out front and center every minute of the day,you cannot buy that publicity.

The markets are based on investor confidence and unless something major happens,which the hurricanes were the first test,and it did not even phase them and actually improved them,he will stay strong.

My little opinion anyways.
    Last edited by Richard; November-30-17 at 06:48 PM.

Our biggest threat and most realistic is China and Russia changing petrol from gold standred USD to Yen.
    You always have a lot to say Richard but sometimes I have no clue what you are talking about. Enemies around every corner and all.

“Our biggest threat and most realistic” Russia, China and Yen?

You always have a lot to say Richard but sometimes I have no clue what you are talking about. Enemies around every corner and all.

“Our biggest threat and most realistic” Russia, China and Yen?
    Well the world is a big place and nobody is really happy with what they have.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7168919&page=1

China is calling for a global currency to replace the dominant dollar,

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/5/20/russia-china-bankdeal.html

In a symbolic blow to U.S. global financial hegemony, Russia and China took a small step toward undercutting the domination of the U.S. dollar as the international reserve currency on Tuesday when Russia’s second biggest financial institution, VTB, signed a deal with the Bank of China to bypass the dollar and pay each other in domestic currencies.

Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, a bloc of the world’s five major emerging economies — have long sought to diminish their dependence on the dollar as a means of reshaping the world financial and geopolitical order. In the absence of a viable alternative, however, replacing it has proved difficult.

For its part, “China sees the dominance of the dollar in international trade transactions as a remnant of American global dominance, which they hope to overthrow in the years ahead,” said Michael Klare, a professor of peace and world security studies at Hampshire College. “This is a small step in that direction, to reduce the primacy of the dollar in international trade.”

So what happens when a countries currency is devalued on the global market.

China already can undercut us product price wise,as we have seen in this country,so what happens when they global trade in the same aspect,we will not have to worry about global trade deals unless Americans are willing to work for 50c an hour in order to compete.

We have no back up plan,the only plan we can have is to bring manufacturing back to this country so we can independently fill our own needs,when it comes down to it.

China is telling us it will,so we have two options,get our crap together when it comes to manufacturing and what little trade we will be left with or capitulate.

Actualy 3 options,we can all work together to resolve the problem or keep up the head butting and live with the ramifications.

China has already said,plan completion in 20 years,I highly doubt that they will wait until the 19 year to implement the stages.

The funny part about it all is we are actually paying them for the privilege of bringing our own downfall upon us.

China and Russia may not be our enemies but guaranteed they are not our best friend when it comes to the gold and power.

One just has to decide what is the cheapest amount that they are willing to work for in order to compete in a global market against China.

In theory I guess we could work for 50c an hour,we just need to lower our standard of living to match theirs,which is a Bernie Sanders dream come true because at that point the only way to survive would be a collective economy.

Which kinda puts all those in the past that sacrificed their lives to keep the American dream alive in the wasted life category because all they would have done was bought enough time for us to get the chance to sell the country down the road.

People say that they do not understand Trump supporters but when you look at the big picture and the future,this country needed somebody that will get up there and kick some ass without all of the political correctness and worry of pissing somebody off by doing or saying the perceived wrong thing.

Detroit is the United States on a small scale,it does not matter that mayor Duggan is a democrat or a republican,he was what the city needed at this point in time in order to survive.

It does not mean that all of the other issues that this country is facing internally have no value but if we do not fix the core then the rest will not matter in the future.Because everybody's value will be placed on what they produce for the collective and that only,do not produce,what do you think happens.

If you have a car with a blown engine do you change the engine first or send it in for a paint job.

Take it a step further and you will have half of the country that embraces the collective and the other half that does not,they will not intermix,so the country gets divided in half ,no more united states or a much smaller divided states.

I think it is just easier that we work together and put our differences aside long enough so we can deal with our global and structural issues then we can get back to the pissing contests in the comfort of our homes which are a bit better then a tin shack with tar paper, if one is posh, walls.
    Last edited by Richard; November-30-17 at 11:57 PM.

Well the world is a big place and nobody is really happy with what they have.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=7168919&page=1

China is calling for a global currency to replace the dominant dollar,

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/5/20/russia-china-bankdeal.html

In a symbolic blow to U.S. global financial hegemony, Russia and China took a small step toward undercutting the domination of the U.S. dollar as the international reserve currency on Tuesday when Russia’s second biggest financial institution, VTB, signed a deal with the Bank of China to bypass the dollar and pay each other in domestic currencies.

Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa, a bloc of the world’s five major emerging economies — have long sought to diminish their dependence on the dollar as a means of reshaping the world financial and geopolitical order. In the absence of a viable alternative, however, replacing it has proved difficult.

For its part, “China sees the dominance of the dollar in international trade transactions as a remnant of American global dominance, which they hope to overthrow in the years ahead,” said Michael Klare, a professor of peace and world security studies at Hampshire College. “This is a small step in that direction, to reduce the primacy of the dollar in international trade.”

So what happens when a countries currency is devalued on the global market.

China already can undercut us product price wise,as we have seen in this country,so what happens when they global trade in the same aspect,we will not have to worry about global trade deals unless Americans are willing to work for 50c an hour in order to compete.

We have no back up plan,the only plan we can have is to bring manufacturing back to this country so we can independently fill our own needs,when it comes down to it.

China is telling us it will,so we have two options,get our crap together when it comes to manufacturing and what little trade we will be left with or capitulate.

Actualy 3 options,we can all work together to resolve the problem or keep up the head butting and live with the ramifications.

China has already said,plan completion in 20 years,I highly doubt that they will wait until the 19 year to implement the stages.

The funny part about it all is we are actually paying them for the privilege of bringing our own downfall upon us.

China and Russia may not be our enemies but guaranteed they are not our best friend when it comes to the gold and power.

One just has to decide what is the cheapest amount that they are willing to work for in order to compete in a global market against China.

In theory I guess we could work for 50c an hour,we just need to lower our standard of living to match theirs,which is a Bernie Sanders dream come true because at that point the only way to survive would be a collective economy.

Which kinda puts all those in the past that sacrificed their lives to keep the American dream alive in the wasted life category because all they would have done was bought enough time for us to get the chance to sell the country down the road.

People say that they do not understand Trump supporters but when you look at the big picture and the future,this country needed somebody that will get up there and kick some ass without all of the political correctness and worry of pissing somebody off by doing or saying the perceived wrong thing.

Detroit is the United States on a small scale,it does not matter that mayor Duggan is a democrat or a republican,he was what the city needed at this point in time in order to survive.

It does not mean that all of the other issues that this country is facing internally have no value but if we do not fix the core then the rest will not matter in the future.Because everybody's value will be placed on what they produce for the collective and that only,do not produce,what do you think happens.

If you have a car with a blown engine do you change the engine first or send it in for a paint job.

Take it a step further and you will have half of the country that embraces the collective and the other half that does not,they will not intermix,so the country gets divided in half ,no more united states or a much smaller divided states.

I think it is just easier that we work together and put our differences aside long enough so we can deal with our global and structural issues then we can get back to the pissing contests in the comfort of our homes which are a bit better then a tin shack with tar paper, if one is posh, walls.
    I am assuming you are confused. The Japanese Yen is not the Chinese Yuan. At least I make that assumption based on that the Chinese and the Japanese are far from close so I have trouble understanding why the Chinese would want the Japanese Yen to be a world currency.

Okay, now that we have determined where you are confused let’s dive a little deeper into why you don’t even know the name of the Chinese currency and confuse it with a hard currency.

It is because nobody in the whole world wants the Yuan. It is literally untraded, useless and worthless in global trade. In fact most don’t even know the name of Chinese currency. It is so undesirable for all practical purposes on the world stage that it is nothing more than a tourist currency. A currency of any kind has to have demand for it to have value as a tradable commodity and the Chinese Yaun has none, it’s just wallpaper. The reality is the Chinese themselves will not even except their own currency in world trade, they only want hard currency, you know the kind you can actually buy goods with. And the Russians have a hell of a lot less use for it than the Chinese, they would have serious problems with anyone who tried to pay them in Yaun.

I am going to keep this short and simple so please see table:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temp...ded_currencies

Do the Chinese like this fact? God no, they hate it. But being unhappy with something and bitching about it doesn’t change it. You should at least understand that concept Richard, you say it constantly throughout your many post to your political foes.

This imagined threat from a worthless state set currency to the US dollar is just that, imagined. Very far from any reality. Don’t believe it? Look at #2 on that list and how difficult it is to trade in globally. And the euro has one hell of a lot more demand than the Juan. Nobody is standing in line to trade in Yaun because there is no one else who wants it.

Frankly anyone trying to convince Americans that the USD is going to be replaced by the Chinese Yaun anytime soon is selling fear so hard to the extremely uneducated and ignorant that the motives of why they would push something so unrealistic and stupid should be examinind.

A Better Detroit, I disagree with your assessment of China. China left starvation behind creating an economy as large as that of the US. It challenges the US in the South China Sea, plans to build its own land and sea transportation system to connect all of Eurasia, has plans to pioneer the moon, has an economy growing at triple the rate of the US economy, has three times as many people and, yes, has plans to replace or create an alternative to the US dollar as the reserve currency of the world with a basket of currencies including the yuan. China built 13,670 miles of high speed rail while Obama was talking about infrastructure. It is conceivable, given the projection of China's financial apogee, that China will succeed in circumventing US dollar financial dominance in conjunction with Russia, Iran, African and other countries especially as the US portion of the world's economy shrinks. I'm not rooting for China here but suggest that Richard's drift is more accurate than your own.
    China's Yuan Preparing to Challenge US Dollar
    Last edited by oladub; December-01-17 at 09:10 AM.

Former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn will plead guilty to one count of lying to the FBI as part of a plea deal he struck with Robert Mueller:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael...-lying-to-fbi/

This is ground-shattering news for one reason: Mueller would NOT cut such a sweetheart plea deal with Flynn unless Flynn had the goods on someone bigger than himself and was willing to share it. And there aren't many fish bigger than Flynn. If he's not turning state's evidence against Trump himself, he almost certainly is doing so against either Jared Kushner or Donald Trump Jr.

The next felony indictment will be against a member of the Trump family. Count on it. Mueller is letting Flynn walk away with essentially a slap on the wrist when he could have put him in prison for most of the rest of his natural life. No way he does that for anything less than corroborating evidence that someone in the Trump family is guilty of felony offenses.

My money is on Jared Kushner. That slimy fuck will be the next up to do a perp walk.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    A Better Detroit, I disagree with your assessment of China. China left starvation behind creating an economy as large as that of the US. It challenges the US in the South China Sea, plans to build its own land and sea transportation system to connect all of Eurasia, has plans to pioneer the moon, has an economy growing at triple the rate of the US economy, has three times as many people and, yes, has plans to replace the US dollar as the reserve currency of the world with a basket of currencies including the yuan. China built 13,670 miles of high speed rail while Obama was talking about infrastructure. It is conceivable, given the projection of China's financial apogee, that China will succeed in circumventing US dollar financial dominance in conjunction with Russia, Iran, African and other countries especially as the US portion of the world's economy shrinks. I'm not rooting for China here but suggest that Richard's drift is more accurate than your own.
    China's Yuan Preparing to Challenge US Dollar
    Economic power house with impressive growth, absolutely. Military strength growing rapidly, certainly. Are they playing to win, you bet. You can check all those boxes.

Successful at building confidence and liquidity in their own currency in the world markets? No a total failure actually.

To be fair to them communist nations have historically had a huge problem in this arena.

It’s almost like all the wealth in the world has no faith in their system. I know, go figure. [[Okay, a little fun with sarcasm)
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; December-01-17 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Former Trump National Security Adviser Michael Flynn will plead guilty to one count of lying to the FBI as part of a plea deal he struck with Robert Mueller:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael...-lying-to-fbi/

This is ground-shattering news for one reason: Mueller would NOT cut such a sweetheart plea deal with Flynn unless Flynn had the goods on someone bigger than himself and was willing to share it. And there aren't many fish bigger than Flynn. If he's not turning state's evidence against Trump himself, he almost certainly is doing so against either Jared Kushner or Donald Trump Jr.

The next felony indictment will be against a member of the Trump family. Count on it. Mueller is letting Flynn walk away with essentially a slap on the wrist when he could have put him in prison for most of the rest of his natural life. No way he does that for anything less than corroborating evidence that someone in the Trump family is guilty of felony offenses.

My money is on Jared Kushner. That slimy fuck will be the next up to do a perp walk.
    Lock him up !....Lock him up ! [[Oh the irony)

No way this plays out well for the Trump administration. This action guarantees this won't be over quick. Looking ahead, if Trump pardons anyone for their actions, there will be a heavy political price to pay. Pretty damning also when Obama personally warned Trump about Flynn's connections. I think Kushner, Jr., and the Keebler elf are going to be dragged into this....just a matter of time. Trump can no longer fire Mueller either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    Lock him up !....Lock him up ! [[Oh the irony)

No way this plays out well for the Trump administration. This action guarantees this won't be over quick. Looking ahead, if Trump pardons anyone for their actions, there will be a heavy political price to pay. Pretty damning also when Obama personally warned Trump about Flynn's connections. I think Kushner, Jr., and the Keebler elf are going to be dragged into this....just a matter of time. Trump can no longer fire Mueller either.
    Well the latest news is that Flynn is indeed “fully cooperating” with the Mueller investigation. Court documents also indicate that as part of Flynn’s cooperation, he has told Robert Mueller that he was directed by a “very senior member of the Trump transition team” to get in contact with the Russians.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.theda...ussia-outreach

“Very senior member” of Trump’s Transition team can really only be one of two people: Jared Kushner or Donald Trump Jr.

I think we’re damn close to the “smoking gun” here. I think it’s no longer a matter of “if” but “when” someone in Trump’s family is indicted on felony charges. Now the big question is: will Kushner flip on Trump? Remember Kushner was deeply involved in the decision to fire James Comey, so he could testify to Trump’s intent in doing so. If Kushner, to keep himself out of prison, says under oath that Trump fired Comey to obstruct the Russia investigation, then its Game Over for Trump. That’s felony obstruction of justice and that’s “resign or be impeached” territory. I don’t think Trump Jr would flip on his dad, but Kushner? How bad does he want to stay out of prison?

The biggest felony will be perjury by Kushner for lying to FBI.
    Still nothing to do with "rigging" the election.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    The biggest felony will be perjury by Kushner for lying to FBI.
    Still nothing to do with "rigging" the election.
    “Colliding with the Russians” and “rigging the election” are mutually exclusive. Trump and his criminal cabal are not being formally accused of the latter, only the former.

Wouldn’t it be interesting indeed if Trump didn’t personally collude with the Russians but still goes down in flames for obstruction of justice, all to protect Flynn?

Anyways, 2018 should be interesting indeed. With Flynn naming names, it’s just a matter of time before the indictments start rolling out against the Trump family. How well do you think Jared would fare in prison?

Page 22 of 207 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 72 122 ... LastLast