Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 204 of 207 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Ruh-roh. Trump legal team says adios.......https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=75591684
    The Constitution says that the Senate can impeach the President and that the trial must be conducted by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. It says nothing about trying previous presidents and substituting party hacks for the Chief justice. Democrats must still be in coup mode. it does say that the federal government can only do what the Constitution delegates it to do without amending the Constitution to delegate itself new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    The Constitution says that the Senate can impeach the President and that the trial must be conducted by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. It says nothing about trying previous presidents and substituting party hacks for the Chief justice. Democrats must still be in coup mode. it does say that the federal government can only do what the Constitution delegates it to do without amending the Constitution to delegate itself new powers.
    And what does this have to do with his legal team jumping ship?

Exactly. The legal team wants to base their arguments on the Constitutionality of trying Trump after he's out of office while Trump wants them to concentrate on the "stolen" election bullshit, so rather than losing their attorney licenses or being censured by the bar for arguing something that didn't happen, they quit.

And this makes my heart sing; this loony only needs to keep refusing:
    The State Bar of Georgia acknowledged Friday it is investigating two complaints against Wood and has ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation. Wood recently called for the execution of former Vice President Mike Pence and accused other officials, including U.S. Chief Justice John Roberts, of conspiring to cheat former President Donald Trump out of a second term, among other alleged transgressions.
    But in an interview, Wood said he would refuse the State Bar’s order — a stance that could result in the emergency suspension of his law license.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/pro-trump-a...DRU7SXJEDP544/

... ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation.
    We really need to do that for future presidential candidates. Seriously.

What really gets me about the Trump folks is those that think he's the best president we've ever had. Now there is a sign of cult following.

Like I've said before... my late parents lived thru the horrors of Nazi Germany from the inside. Hitler really did have 1/2 of the German population hoodwinked into thinking he was the best leader Germany ever had. For every bad thing he ever did... they made excuses for it. It amazed me when they told me stories from life inside Nazi Germany, how people can be so brainwashed that they will follow along. Now not every German was so dumb... but so many believed all of Goebbel's Ministry of Propoganda "news". And even while the bombs were falling and men never returned from the eastern front... they still clung to their leader [[fear of retribution did play a part, after it was too late to complain).

And so it is today... many [[not all) Trump supporters think that Trump was the greatest president [[that's what he says)... they believe the lie. They watched Fox News for over a decade, and drank the Fox Kool-Aid. For a long time it was Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi... everything Obama did was evil to them. Make no mistake I didn't care for Obama myself, but I never got to the point where I started to worship Trump like so many did in 2016 [[although Hillary was horrible). And it's not just the hicks who became Trump supporters, but even very intelligent people. But it is even like that with members of cults [[or Scientology)... even smart people can become indoctrinated.

It's when people start being indoctrinated via some form of propaganda [[like Fox and now AON and Newsmax is doing) that helps it along... and they will become apologists. If the MSMs count of over 30,000 lies Trump told during his time in office is even halfway true... then that speaks volumes about what his followers will swallow.

I get my news from a variety of world sources... yes CNN, NBC, MSN... but also BBC, Deutsche Welle, and others [[even parts of Al-Jazeera). I look at bloggers with a grain of salt, and will not use them as a reference source to prove a point. And that is something I often see posted here... Trump folks posting links to blogs and sources that I've never heard of. [[Googling something doesn't always make it so.)

But yes... a large chunk of Americans have been brainwashed by all the lies. Thankfully a slim majority see thru the bullshit... and mercifully we have an impartial Judiciary in this country [[which Germany in the 1930s did not have)... that can see thru the BS [[and yes even MSM posts a lot of BS). Mercifully even Republican jurists can see it too. Had we not had that, we could have ended up like a lesser form of Germany in the 1930s. But our strong judiciary makes the right call virtually 100% of the time... and upholds our constitution.

Now as for the lies about the election being fraudulent... Benghazi investigations took 2 years and 33 inquiries to get thru. It will be interesting to see the people who publicly claimed that the elections were rigged, and are getting their asses sued... to see just how many trials will NOT be thrown out of court. And then there are the Capitol insurrection trials... that will give MSM [[and overseas news sources) years of discussion topics, while Fox AON and Newsmax will remain mum on the subject.

Also... it will be interesting to see now that Trump no longer has immunity from his lies... just what he will be claiming in the future... because he is now able to be sued for what he says in the future.

The Impeachment Trial will be a farce... because all the Republican Senators fear for their own political future, because Trumps MAGA crowd will follow their leader... and use the next Primary to get those that don't toe the Trump line out of office. In all of American history, no president will be so feared by the other politicians of his own party, as Trump will be. The next 2 years will be interesting... from a standpoint to see just how much Republican politicians will toe his political line. Not because he's right... but because they are scared.

If the majority of Americans still think that Trump is dangerous... then there will be another 20 years [[like the 20 years between when Hoover lost and Eisenhower won) before we see another Republican president.

Time will tell.
    Last edited by Gistok; February-01-21 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    What really gets me about the Trump folks is those that think he's the best president we've ever had. Now there is a sign of cult following.

Like I've said before... my late parents lived thru the horrors of Nazi Germany from the inside. Hitler really did have 1/2 of the German population hoodwinked into thinking he was the best leader Germany ever had. For every bad thing he ever did... they made excuses for it. It amazed me when they told me stories from life inside Nazi Germany, how people can be so brainwashed that they will follow along. Now not every German was so dumb... but so many believed all of Goebbel's Ministry of Propoganda "news". And even while the bombs were falling and men never returned from the eastern front... they still clung to their leader [[fear of retribution did play a part, after it was too late to complain).

And so it is today... many [[not all) Trump supporters think that Trump was the greatest president [[that's what he says)... they believe the lie. They watched Fox News for over a decade, and drank the Fox Kool-Aid. For a long time it was Benghazi Benghazi Benghazi... everything Obama did was evil to them. Make no mistake I didn't care for Obama myself, but I never got to the point where I started to worship Trump like so many did in 2016 [[although Hillary was horrible). And it's not just the hicks who became Trump supporters, but even very intelligent people. But it is even like that with members of cults [[or Scientology)... even smart people can become indoctrinated.

It's when people start being indoctrinated via some form of propaganda [[like Fox and now AON and Newsmax is doing) that helps it along... and they will become apologists. If the MSMs count of over 30,000 lies Trump told during his time in office is even halfway true... then that speaks volumes about what his followers will swallow.

I get my news from a variety of world sources... yes CNN, NBC, MSN... but also BBC, Deutsche Welle, and others [[even parts of Al-Jazeera). I look at bloggers with a grain of salt, and will not use them as a reference source to prove a point. And that is something I often see posted here... Trump folks posting links to blogs and sources that I've never heard of. [[Googling something doesn't always make it so.)

But yes... a large chunk of Americans have been brainwashed by all the lies. Thankfully a slim majority see thru the bullshit... and mercifully we have an impartial Judiciary in this country [[which Germany in the 1930s did not have)... that can see thru the BS [[and yes even MSM posts a lot of BS). Mercifully even Republican jurists can see it too. Had we not had that, we could have ended up like a lesser form of Germany in the 1930s. But our strong judiciary makes the right call virtually 100% of the time... and upholds our constitution.

Now as for the lies about the election being fraudulent... Benghazi investigations took 2 years and 33 inquiries to get thru. It will be interesting to see the people who publicly claimed that the elections were rigged, and are getting their asses sued... to see just how many trials will NOT be thrown out of court. And then there are the Capitol insurrection trials... that will give MSM [[and overseas news sources) years of discussion topics, while Fox AON and Newsmax will remain mum on the subject.

Also... it will be interesting to see now that Trump no longer has immunity from his lies... just what he will be claiming in the future... because he is now able to be sued for what he says in the future.

The Impeachment Trial will be a farce... because all the Republican Senators fear for their own political future, because Trumps MAGA crowd will follow their leader... and use the next Primary to get those that don't toe the Trump line out of office. In all of American history, no president will be so feared by the other politicians of his own party, as Trump will be. The next 2 years will be interesting... from a standpoint to see just how much Republican politicians will toe his political line. Not because he's right... but because they are scared.

If the majority of Americans still think that Trump is dangerous... then there will be another 20 years [[like the 20 years between when Hoover lost and Eisenhower won) before we see another Republican president.

Time will tell.

Thats nice.

It has to do with the ersatz idea that there can even be a constitutional trial of an ex president officiated over by a party hack. It doesn't matter if members of Trump's team quit if what they were hired to do can't constitutionally be accomplished. Trump and his teams would be better off to stay home and not give this constitutional outrage credence.

The larger picture here is that the puppet Biden administration and Democratic Party are governing like a third world dictatorship ripe with censorship, cancel culture, executive orders and barricades in a military occupation zone while the Democratic Congress went back to the only thing it knew how to do the last few years.

The Babylon Bee had an article titled "9 Great New Jobs for laid-off Oil and Gas Workers. My favorites and ones I hadn't thought of were:

"#1 Installing urinals in girls' bathrooms - There are over 120 million buildings in the US. That's 120 million girls' bathrooms that will need a new urinal installed for the sake of equality. Not bad!

#2 Trumpet boy for Biden’s royal decrees - Biden's executive orders just seem a little more special with a trumpet boy out front heralding the coming of a new decree! Whitehouse.gov recently posted an opening for this position. Get on it!"
    Last edited by oladub; February-01-21 at 01:14 PM.

... I get my news from a variety of world sources... yes CNN, NBC, MSN... but also BBC, Deutsche Welle, and others [[even parts of Al-Jazeera)....
    That's what I liked about short-wave radio. It was easy to find "forbidden" ideas.

It's helpful to share techniques for immunizing oneself against cults, to avoid succumbing to cult recruitment. I recommend actively avoiding herding behavior in general. Curiously, this has made Covid social gathering restrictions not only tolerable but natural.

I worked for a large corporation that would occasionally hold meetings requiring attendance by all. People would fill the halls shoulder to shoulder approaching the auditorium. I would let out a loud, subversive bellow sounding, with my deep voice, as much as possible like a cow. Without words, this gave the crowd a situational awareness: We are like cattle and we all know what happens to cattle.

Time will tell.
    In 2016, my wife analyzed the choice as being between voting for a jerk and voting for evil. We chose to vote for the jerk. In my perfect world, I would annoint Thomas Massie and Tulsie Gabbard as my presidential team. That not being the choice, in 2020, the choice was between Trump and Biden. I don't respect the semi-senile Biden enough to credit him for the global corporatist evil that his financial puppet masters and their foreign allies are slathering on this Country.

At the core of any fascism is economic fascism, aka corporatism. Again, Benghazi is just a symptom of the evil that led us into unconstitutional wars that led to so much death and destruction and refugees. But the Country seems to have reelected the same Bush/Obama team that got us into those wars.

Glen Greenwald, formerly associated with covering Edward Snowden, had a Jewish background. His recent take on the Democratic Party:

"The Democratic Party... genuinely believes they have a monopoly on objective truth. It believes it is the party of science and rationality, and that the only way to disagree with them is if you're either a deranged conspiracy theorist or a seditionist, somebody who is engaged in criminal conduct or terrorism.
    And therefore, they genuinely believe, it's not a show. It's not a pretext. They all have convinced one another through this echo chamber that they've created, essentially, the entire media except this network, which is why they want to shut it down, that if you disagree with their orthodoxies and their consensus, you are a threat and a danger.
    And it's so ironic they spent four years claiming they are fighting fascism and authoritarianism, and what are they trying to do now? They're trying to harness corporate and monopoly power to silence everyone who disagrees with them, the very hallmark, the epitome of the fascism they claim to be fighting, but which in reality they embody...They genuinely want everyone who disagrees with them silenced. I know it sounds like hyperbole if you don't pay attention constantly to the news. And it's not just random people who are saying it, it is leading members of the Democratic Party, they're going to have partners in like the Liz Cheney wing of the Republican Party as well." "
    They're saying, we now control and regulate your industry and we demand that you stop using your advertising money for this network that criticizes us, the party in control. Now, if that isn't authoritarianism, what is?"

Last edited by oladub; February-01-21 at 10:25 AM.

Time will tell.
    Well,bless your heart with that long rambling post, that you chastise others for doing.

I could not get past the first couple of sentences

You still base your judgment on 73 million Trump supporters as a cult about the man and nothing to do with policies.

You notice the same exact same policies that Biden campaigned on and the ones you guys claimed would destroy the county?

The difference?

Trump policies lifted the economy and everybody in it,undisputed fact.

Biden promised the world,takes office and immediately destroys democracy by implementing a dictatorship style flurry of EOs,telling the American public,he is in charge and will tell everybody how to act and agree.

His first acts were to destroy the working class and take those still employed when 18 million are jobless,and add them to the list while telling them to go pound sand for their own good.

The impeachment trial will be a farce because the Democrats pushing it knew full well it would not go anywhere,because if it did it would open the door of impeachment after office,which brings up the subject of past Democrat presidents and bringing up charges against them for actions in office.

It is just like the first one and pandering to the base,pushing the narrative of hate.

Just as you write Trump supporters are a cult,I can write Biden supporters are following the route of A socialist dictatorship rein and anybody that agrees with his policies are now deemed socialist dictatorship worshippers.

You keep referring to Nazi Germany,what would your relatives say about a president that gets elected,then immediately starts ruling by decree?

You have no problem with that because you drink the cool-aid pumped into you by your fake state media convincing you that it is in your best interests.

What would your relatives say about a president that takes power and starts ruling by decree,while the party and media labels millions as enemies of the state that need to be purged from the system?

While you publicly support it.

Trump helped millions by reducing the cost of insulin and allowing the importation of Canadian drugs to lower the cost so that burden would be lifted from millions.

What is the first thing Biden does,takes that away.

Wake up,just like during the Obama rein where they threw millions of Americans into the street,Biden is a puppet to big Pharmaceutical,banks and Wall Street,you are not included in that plan because it is about power and money,you have neither and it is clear where you are at in the totem pole.

I am a German Jew by blood,and also have ancestors that survived the Holocaust and many others before that,they would be telling you,shame on you,it was people like you that brought people like Hitler into power,because you are willing to look the other way based on hate,and that is what people like Hitler counted on for success.
    Last edited by Richard; February-01-21 at 11:14 AM.

It has to do with the ersatz idea that there can even be a constitutional trial of an ex president officiated over by a party hack. It doesn't matter if members of Trump's team quit if what they were hired to do can't constitutionally be accomplished. Trump and his teams would be better off to stay home and not give this constitutional outrage credence.

The larger picture here is that the puppet Biden administration and Democratic Party are governing like a third world dictatorship ripe with censorship, cancel culture, executive orders and barricades in a military occupation zone while the Democratic Congress went back to the only thing it knew how to do the last few years.

The Babylon had an article titled "9 Great New Jobs for laid-off Oil and Gas Workers. My favorites and ones I hadn't thought of were:

"#1 Installing urinals in girls' bathrooms - There are over 120 million buildings in the US. That's 120 million girls' bathrooms that will need a new urinal installed for the sake of equality. Not bad!

#2 Trumpet boy for Biden’s royal decrees - Biden's executive orders just seem a little more special with a trumpet boy out front heralding the coming of a new decree! Whitehouse.gov recently posted an opening for this position. Get on it!"
    You're trying to deflect. Still has nothing to do with the article I posted. He's still screaming voter fraud and that's not the route those attorney's were going for.

As far a censorship, you're wrong again. Facebook, twitter, have every right to muzzle Trump with his consistent b.s., lying and exaggerations.

And now Babylon, smh.

Ruh-roh. Trump legal team says adios.......https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/dona...ry?id=75591684
    Heh, even an ex-president has been finding it difficult to find even lawyers to work for him. That's right: lawyers, whose duty is to fulfill our constitutional right to representation during trial.

Only Giuliani still froths at the mouth for the opportunity, before he's stripped of his ability to practice law. Not even Trump wants Giuliani any more.

Finally Trump found two others who are willing to mount the defense he wants. Not even Dershowitz.

One boasted, "I represented all sorts of reputed mobster figures: alleged head of Russian mafia in this country, Israeli mafia and two Italian bosses, as well a guy the government claimed was the biggest mafioso in the world."

The other, who as a suburban Philadelphia DA refused to prosecute Bill Cosby and struck a secret agreement with him that assured he's "not getting prosecuted, ever." Of course Cosby was later convicted on multiple counts, elsewhere.

They make even a lawyer fish seem unfairly disparaged by the name. It says a lot about the defendant.

Their response to the impeachment is due tomorrow.

According to one of Trump's former attorneys who quit, "Should be a circus."
    Last edited by bust; February-01-21 at 03:14 PM.

You're trying to deflect. Still has nothing to do with the article I posted. He's still screaming voter fraud and that's not the route those attorney's were going for.

As far a censorship, you're wrong again. Facebook, twitter, have every right to muzzle Trump with his consistent b.s., lying and exaggerations.

And now Babylon, smh.

People have a short memory don't they?

Remember when Kenneth Starr spent years turning over every stone, and the lead up to Clinton's impeachment on account of Monica's BJ.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    ...Monica's BJ.
    I do remember fantasizing about it

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Thats nice.
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"....

Right back atcha....

And now Babylon, smh.
    Your mentioning the Trump legal team is deflecting from the reality that no Constitutional case can even be made or held attempting to try an ex president without the Chief Justice. It's like the Benghzi thing that keeps popping up to distract from Obama's war on Syria. Who cares what Trump's legal team wants to do? Trump has every right to call voter fraud. His lawyers have every right to quit. This is more of a distraction than a story.

I already covered this in post 5095. Democrats, in this case you, according to Greenfield, "are trying to harness corporate and monopoly power to silence everyone who disagrees with them, the very hallmark, the epitome of the fascism they claim to be fighting, but which in reality they embody. They're saying, we now control and regulate your industry and we demand that you stop using your advertising money for this network that criticizes us, the party in control. Now, if that isn't authoritarianism, what is?"

A couple of days ago, Joe Biden lied about the number of vaccinations the Trump administration had purchased and what he [[Biden) was going to do with most of the extra 200M sets of vaccinations he was buying. Not one peep out to any of those sources calling Biden on this. Let's have an unconstitutional Senate trial instead. Congress meanwhile, having turned over its legislative role to Biden's handlers, no longer has anything better to do than to imagine it has the power to try an ex president by extra-constitutional means. Or maybe that's the job that has been assigned to Congressional Democrats.

I liked the Babylon Bee humor. I wonder how long it will be allowed on Google before it is regarded as a threat to the regime.

...no Constitutional case can even be made or held attempting to try an ex president without the Chief Justice..
    What they say is what we'll see.
    Unfair 6-3 majority.

PS. He was president when accused. He dragged every other case as far as he could, in abuse of his presidential privilege and the statute of limitations. But he can't have it both ways. Could you?
    Last edited by bust; February-01-21 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    What they say is what we'll see.
    Unfair 6-3 majority.

PS. He was president when accused. He dragged every other case as far as he could, in abuse of his presidential privilege and the statute of limitations. But he can't have it both ways. Could you?
    It doesn't matter if he was President when accused. The Constitution only allows trying the President. There is no constitutional provision for trying ex-presidents. Had the Democrats set up a Senate trial while he was President with the Chief Justice overseeing the proceedings, perhaps they could have found him guilty. Perhaps there is some civilian court that could handle the lynching. But if Democrats try to violate the Constitution by having the Senate having in illegal trial overseen by a pretender, those Democrats should be shown the door. I will support my position with quotes from the Constitution saying the Senate can try the President under the direction of the Supreme Court's Chief Justice and compare it with whatever you can find in the Constitution authorizing the Senate to try ex presidents under the supervision of a Party hack.

If you want to punish Trump with Senate trials there is a way. Amend or get rid of the Constitution to do so. Become a dictatorship.

Eh, let's see.
    I don't expect enough Senate Republicans to have a spine.
    Maybe even this radically right Supreme Court, enough do.
    I'm not an expert on Constitutional law, are you?
    Last edited by bust; February-01-21 at 10:41 PM.

Eh, let's see.
    I don't expect enough Senate Republicans to have a spine.
    But maybe even this radically right Supreme Court, enough do.
    I'm not an expert on Constitutional law, are you?
    ]

I can read. When the Constitution says a Senate trial must be overseen by the Chief justice, unlike some Democrats, I don't assume that means the trial can be overseen by Judge Roberts OR Senator Leahy.

When the Constitution says a Senate trial must be overseen by the Chief justice, unlike some Democrats, I don't assume that means the trial can be overseen by Judge Roberts OR Senator Leahy.
    I doubt that but in any case I'm humble enough to admit I lack the necessary expertise.
    Would you call it a left wing conspiracy if Judge Roberts and at least one of the even righter-wing Supreme Court Justices disagree?

]

I can read. When the Constitution says a Senate trial must be overseen by the Chief justice, unlike some Democrats, I don't assume that means the trial can be overseen by Judge Roberts OR Senator Leahy.
    Chief Justice only comes into play with a sitting President,other then that the Democrat socialist party makes up the rules as they go along,that’s what dictatorships do.

By Bidens own words,we became a country run under a dictatorship 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by Richard; February-01-21 at 11:29 PM.

I doubt that but in any case I'm humble enough to admit I lack the necessary expertise.
    Would you call it a left wing conspiracy if Judge Roberts and at least one of the even righter-wing Supreme Court Justices disagree?
    The Constitution says, "When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside." How complicated is that? If Democrats want to change the wording, the Constitution could be amended or repealed. I can't find the part that says, "When former presidents are tried, a partisan senator or anyone else can preside."
    Last edited by oladub; February-02-21 at 12:41 AM.

The real reason Trumps first impeachment was delayed.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4-NYuWQlvY