Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 169 of 207 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 5151

Is it his actual signature digitized? No one seems to be able to get the story right about the motive or impetus. LOL!

One news source [[USAToday) says he wanted his name on checks...

The other [[MSN) says the treasury ordered it?

Is the check cashable?
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-18-20 at 07:12 AM.

'Direct deposit' options started towards the end of last week for most I talked to. Sans the signature drama...

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I never said anything about the stimulus checks being held up....
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-18-20 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Is it his actual signature digitized? No one seems to be able to get the story right about the motive or impetus. LOL!

One news source [[USAToday) says he wanted his name on checks...

The other [[MSN) says the treasury ordered it?

Is the check cashable?
    Who really knows but, I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Who really knows but, I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.
    Ha,documented proof that even if he had said to prepare for the virus you would not have listened anyways.

We continue our conversation with world-renowned political dissident, linguist and author Noam Chomsky. He responds to President Trump’s cuts to U.S. support for the World Health Organization and the surge in deaths in the United States to another record high, and discusses conditions in Gaza, the rise of authoritarianism around the world, and the progressive response. “This is typical behavior of autocrats and dictators. When you make colossal errors which are killing thousands of people, find somebody else to blame,” say Chomsky. “In the United States, it’s unfortunately the case, for well over a century, century and a half, that it’s always easy to blame the 'yellow peril.'”

Hah! OK, who wants to be first in line to justify POTUS Trumps comments re. the protests occurring in several states in the US: "They seem to be very responsible to me"...

What? Very few masks, standing shoulder to shoulder?

I doubt we'll be having this style of protests in the D. we just don't quite have the eh' privilege...... [[sarcasm)

Imagine a protest of black folks at any capital building in the US, armed? Um, I think we know how that would have worked out. Six feet apart or otherwise!!

NO. I'm not gushing anti-gun here, or all every-things-is 'privilege' as the boiler-plate responses from the far left. Nope.

I'm simply stating that where it exists I am going to call it out [[privilege). Be it on the left, middle or elsewhere. I'm not even that surprised when it turns up on the left!

Again, I find that we, AA's are once again caught in the middle of the politics. Especially here in Detroit where C-19 numbers are very high!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/17/u...13f202e6b6cb52
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-19-20 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Ha,documented proof that even if he had said to prepare for the virus you would not have listened anyways.

So, does that mean you are going to listen to your president's call to end the lockdown with demonstrations? No masks, no social distancing and why not, guns?

...or will you use your judgement, unlike we Canadians, who swallow up anything our dumb leaders mete out?

...laffs.

I was prepared before because he fluffed it off for two months.

I was prepared before because he fluffed it off for two months.

Yeah, like when he tells people that voting by mail is a bad idea, but that hasn't stopped him from doing it.

With Chump, it's a constant barrage of lies and deceit, and the Chumpites get down on their knees and lap it up.

Sigh... yes, so tiresome. I'll not be found among those attempting to follow the president around-every-corner. Nope.

Clearly, at minimal Trump made statements/ tweets etc. that conveyed that Coronavirus wasn't going to that bad here in the United State...

This is documentable withstanding the exaggerations and/ or the taking some of his quotes out of context. A remains A.

Additionally, he also made strides towards quarantine etc., at the same time some dems where also down-playing the virus [[or decrying xenophobia).

Both sides have ample blame here [[wresting against each other - bound by politics). But as POTUS, and supposed leader the buck stops... well......

I'm not part of the 'Trump is the epitome of ALL EVIL' TDS crowd. And I also KNOW that 'My president right or wrong' time wasting justification crap ain't cutting it either.

Even those who voted Trump might want to consider that.

Question remains: How do we advance a comprehensive reasonable [[non partisan reflexive) yet effective response to C-19?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    So, does that mean you are going to listen to your president's call to end the lockdown with demonstrations? No masks, no social distancing and why not, guns?

...or will you use your judgement, unlike we Canadians, who swallow up anything our dumb leaders mete out?

...laffs.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-20-20 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Sigh... yes, so tiresome. I'll not be found among those attempting to follow the president around-every-corner. Nope.

Clearly, at minimal Trump made statements/ tweets etc. that conveyed that Coronavirus wasn't going to that bad here in the United State.

This is documentable withstanding the exaggerations and/ or the taking some of his quotes out of context. A remains A.

Additionally, he also make strides towards quarantine etc., at the same time some dems where also down-playing the virus [[or decrying xenophobia).

Both sides have ample blame here [[wresting against each other - bound by politics). But as POTUS, and supposed leader the buck stops... well......

I'm not part of the 'Trump is the epitome of ALL EVIL' TDS crowd. And I also KNOW that 'My president right or wrong' time wasting justification crap ain't cutting it either.

Even those who voted Trump might want to consider that.

Question remains: How do we advance a comprehensive reasonable [[non partisan reflexive) yet effective response to C-19?

You are absolutely right about the shabby side of political debate between the dems and the republicans. I don't think Biden stands for anything either, except the status quo in the soft-bellied centrist-liberal kind that the Western world has known for a good while now. Americans have seen the lustre buffed out of their country long enough to want a Chump to represent a winning posture, that's understood.

The problem with Chump is Chump, not the US, unless the US keeps voting for him, then, the US becomes more full of bluster than its ever been and begets bad sentiment from other nations...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

...laffs.
    Have you been paying attention to Sweden and their reaction?

Business as usual,no lock downs,no social distancing,no closures,life goes on for them as usual.

And yet their cases are less then the rest of the world.

Take a virus that people or experts knew little about or how to react,because China did a lock down and lowered the curve that became the blueprint to follow.

What about this,they are now saying it has been around sense last September at the very least,the majority of the worlds population already has it.

It is a unique virus that mutates different in every person according to their individual immune system and the strength that they received it in.

So there are our two scenarios

The world that follows the procedures that China implemented.

Procedures that were implemented while knowing little about what they were actually dealing with.

Sweden

Implemented a carry on as usual policy,with the understanding that a percentage of the population will catch it with fatal results and there was nothing anybody can do to prevent that.

In a quarantine you isolated the sick,in a tyranny you isolate the entire population,but at the same time you are still seeing fatalities.

You can say that the fatalities would be less if you did not implement mass quarantine based on the science of it all but the science does not even know how effective it is.

The only thing the science knows is,China did it and the curve dropped.

What would the science say if China had not implemented lock down procedures and the curve also dropped?

We do not know,but the end answer will come from Sweden.

It appears to have more to do with math then science.

Do you think based on,what we did know coming out of China at the time of those who would be affected fatally,It would have been more conducive to concentrate energy towards those who are the most likely to be fatally effected,verses locking billions down and disrupting an entire world?

The only thing science knew was because China locked down a containment area they reported they stopped the spread.

We still do not and will not know for a fact that that was the determining factor or the answer.

You comment about the guns shows the typical concept of being unable to deal with more then one issue at at a time,or tunnel vision as they say.

The virus is here but life still exists outside of it,before the virus hit there was and still is a massive 2nd amendment battle going on centered in Virginia.

The showing of guns at the protests going on for the lock down is also a showing of support for those fighting to preserve the 2nd amendment rights in Virginia.

But as usual all you saw was scary guns.

You are forgetting politicians are using the distraction of the virus in order to implement or push agendas while others are not paying attention.

For instance in Michigan,you can go on the lake in a non motorized boat,that has nothing to do with social distancing and everything to do with the acceptance of the removal of motorized vessels from the waterways permanently,that is a part of the green deal.

Hong Kong while on lock down,is using the situation to round up the protestors from last years democracy rallies and arrest them.

Stay at home you get arrested,go in the streets you get arrested,no where to hide.

In Tripoli the UN forces are taking a last stand in the city as they are surrounded by LN,the city is in lock down for the virus,150,000 suburbs residents have fled to the city for protection.

So the LN forces knowing that the residents are on virus lock down are targeting the homes and hospitals that are taking care of virus patients are now under missile and bombardment attacks,no where to hide.

The LN declared a ceasefire long enough for UN Troops to drop their guard,But was really in the talks as a tactical move while they were repositioning their troops for a assault on the city,an hour later they launched their attack.

Tripoli is the Dunkirk of today,only there are no ships to rescue the residents as they are forced into the sea or slaughter.

You are aware of the Canadian troops that are there under the UN command,they also have no place to run anymore but the sea,they will also be the casualties.

44 boca haram prisoners that were in jail,died in their sleep Epstein style.

Elsewhere in Africa,tribes hunkered down in their villages have become easy targets for mass slaughter because they are now in a tight group.

Thousands are dying because of the virus while others are using the virus to kill thousands

While we lock down in this country to “stop the spread” in other countries those in lock down are prime targets for slaughter.

Because China said that was the way to prevent the spread.

We believe nothing that comes out of China but yet we locked down an entire world with devastating consequences,because China said that was the way to do it.
    Last edited by Richard; April-19-20 at 05:56 PM.

Have you been paying attention to Sweden and their reaction?

Business as usual,no lock downs,no social distancing,no closures,life goes on for them as usual.

And yet their cases are less then the rest of the world.
    Another factually-challenged post from Richard. While their rate of infection is comparable to other European countries, Sweden has TEN TIMES the number of Covid-19 deaths than the other Nordic countries [[Denmark, Norway, Finland) and a death rate significantly higher than the rest of Europe.

Sweden does not have 10x the infection rate of other Nordic countries or a death count significantly higher than the rest of Europe.

Known infection rate and death rate per million of Nordic countries
    Iceland 5231, 29
    Sweden 1505, 192
    Denmark 1356, 66
    Norway 1342, 34
    Finland 745, 27

Death rates per million of some other states and countries-
    NY State 1028
    Belgium 540
    Spain 464
    Italy 415
    France 327
    Michigan 271
    UK 267
    Netherlands 237
    Sweden 192
    Switzerland 174
    Ireland 156
    USA 140
    Germany 62
    Canada 52

sources: https://www.worldometers.info/corona...n=homeAdUOA?Si
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    Last edited by oladub; April-22-20 at 02:31 PM.

Never said they did. Said the number of deaths was 10 times. Please learn how to read.
    Deaths per your source:
    Sweden: 2,021
    Norway: 191
    Finland: 172
    Denmark:394
    Iceland: 10

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Never said they did. Said the number of deaths was 10 times. Please learn how to read.
    Deaths per your source:
    Sweden: 2,021
    Norway: 191
    Finland: 172
    Denmark:394
    Iceland: 10
    Here is what you wrote: "Sweden has TEN TIMES the number of Covid-19 deaths than the other Nordic countries [[Denmark, Norway, Finland) and a death rate significantly higher than the rest of Europe."

When I add 191+172+394+10[[Iceland), I get 767. Sweden's 2021 deaths is only 2.6 TIMES "
    the number of Covid-19 deaths than "the other Nordic countries" , not "TEN TIMES" as you claimed.

The only meaningful way to compare CV-19 numbers is by comparing rates.

Your other claim that Sweden had "a death rate significantly higher than the rest of Europe" was also way off as Worldometer numbers showed. Sweden's death rate is only 70% that of Michigan's death rate. It would make more sense for you to be criticizing Michigan's response than Sweden's. It's more like average for a European country. Imagine that. One European country lets its citizens hang out in restaurants through this entire epidemic and its people have about the same death rate as other countries and states that have totally destroyed their economies and won't even let you buy garden seeds. What are we missing here?

For Oladub:

Obama's contribution to the national debt over eight years [[FY2010 - FY2017): $6.79 trillion

Source: https://www.thebalance.com/us-deficit-by-year-3306306

Trump's contribution to the national debt over four years [[with estimates):
    Amount added to date [[FY2018-FY2019): $1.76 trillion
    FY2020 projected deficit [[pre-COVID): $1.1 trillion
    COVID-19 Stimulus Bill: $2 trillion
    COVID-19 Stimulus Bill #2: $500 billion
    Estimated FY21 Budget deficit [[pre-COVID estimate): $1.1 trillion

Total: $6.46 trillion

I'm being EXTREMELY generous with Trump's numbers because:
    -I didn't factor in lost tax revenue for 2020 due to the economic shutdown, which will drive the deficit even higher than the number I listed for this year
    -I didn't factor in future additional COVID stimulus spending [[another bill is already in the works, to the tune of additional hundreds of billions of dollars of deficit spending)
    -I didn't factor in the effect that COVID would have on the 2021 budget deficit [[it's likely to drive it far far higher than the pre-COVID estimate of $1.1 trillion).

CONCLUSION: When all is said and done, Donald J Trump will have added MORE to the national debt in just 4 years than Barack Obama did in 8. More debt in half the time. In fact, I'll go ahead right now and give my personal prediction: Trump will add $8.5 trillion to the national debt over his four year term.

What say you, Oladub?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Here is what you wrote: "Sweden has TEN TIMES the number of Covid-19 deaths than the other Nordic countries [[Denmark, Norway, Finland) and a death rate significantly higher than the rest of Europe."

When I add 191+172+394+10[[Iceland), I get 767. Sweden's 2021 deaths is only 2.6 TIMES "
    the number of Covid-19 deaths than "the other Nordic countries" , not "TEN TIMES" as you claimed.
    Where, oh where did I ever say "combined?"

Honestly, who is dumber the POTUS or the people who believe he is smart because he told them that he is “smart”?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-advice-bleach

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Honestly, who is dumber the POTUS or the people who believe he is smart because he told them that he is “smart”?

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-advice-bleach
    We've seen it here, rather than just admit that he said something stupid, they're actually trying to argue that he's some medical genius who is smarter than all the doctors and scientists in America. They're a sick cult of truly deranged, mentally-ill people. So far here we've seen:

-One moron comparing injecting bleach to getting chemotherapy to treat cancer
    -Another moron suggest, without evidence, a medical treatment designed to destroy your immune cells as a possible treatment for COVID-19.
    -And then there's the King of the Morons who suggested that what Trump REALLY meant to suggest was just that we should get some more vitamin D [[even though Trump said no such thing, and getting more Vitamin D wouldn't do jack shit to stop you from being infected with a virus).

I swear to God, if Trump said "2+2=5", these dipshits would break their spines twisting into knots to argue that 2+2 really DOES equal 5.

Just leaving this here

Hah. All of the drama, parody and what-all was self-induced -- --

Trump needs to stay out of sight for a while [[as he's being advised)... that may help him in the damage control area. But probably not...
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-25-20 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Just leaving this here
    Yeah, a spoonful of Clorox will make your temperature go down — to room temperature!
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-25-20 at 11:13 AM.