Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 153 of 178 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 5151

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Lone_wolf_[[terrorism)#Stochastic_terrorismBut I do understand that your question was rhetorical.

Edited to add a link that wasn't loading when I posted the above:
    From your article, "Stochastic terrorism is the use of mass communications to incite random actors to carry out violent or terrorist acts that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable. In short, remote-control murder by lone wolf."

I've been wondering about all the articles concerning "attacks" on Asian Americans in which Trump was somehow blamed because he was calling CV-19 the "Chinese virus". I wasn't able to find any statistics supporting that Asian Americans, presumably East Asian Americans rather than South Asian Americans, were being attacked in greater numbers. In 2019, before CV-19, Asian Americans were less likely than other demographic groups to be attacked in the U.S.. I was told by a doctor that one of her Hmong patients was worried about her safety because someone said something nasty to one of her friends. I have another prosperous Hmong Facebook friend who hates Trump with a passion and may know of other unkindly things going on toward Hmongs by idiots who think they are Chinese.

The husband of a Taiwanese friend said someone in his wife's circle was feeling alienated lately but received no support from other Taiwanese women at the table. All of this is very anecdotal and not backed by statistics about actual numbers of East Asian Americans being attacked. But, for the sake of argument, let's say that East Asian Americans are being attacked because Trump called CV-19 "the Chinese virus" and some dummies and the national press chose to believe that trump was referring to Asian Americans rather than where the virus came from.

That offers possibilities for these "attacks" being examples of stochastic terrorism. One possibility is that Trump called the disease "Chinese" as a sleuth message to some of his deranged followers to attack Japanese-American dentists and Hmong grocery store owners for spreading CV-19. Another is that Democrats promoters of identity politics are trying to make sure that East Asian Americans are in the Democratic fold this November by reminding them, over and over, correctly or incorrectly that Trump and his followers are blaming and attacking them for CV-19. With any luck, a demented Trump supporter, here or there will pick up on the message being promoted by the media and tell Asian Americans to 'go back home' or otherwise attack them. That would be political gold for promoters of identity politics.

[[Sorry, Ray)
    Last edited by oladub; May-17-20 at 10:31 AM.

I'm not sure I follow the logic that if an ignorant, uneducated, racist bigot can't tell the difference between different Asian ethnicities, or the difference between American citizens of Chinese descent and actual Chinese citizens, that that somehow invalidates the theory that xenophobic attacks on Asians aren't being fueled by aggressive anti-Chinese national rhetoric emanating from certain individuals in high-profile positions. So it only counts if actual Chinese people from China get attacked, and if a Vietnamese-American is told to "go back to China" by some ignorant POS, or a Burmese-American gets stabbed by an attacker for "spreading coronavirus", it's unrelated because the victims weren't actually Chinese?

If anyone would like to see some actual real-life anecdotes highlighting how racist bigots aren't particularly adept at identifying Chinese people from non-Chinese Asians, or identifying Chinese citizens from American citizens on sight, then here you go:
    https://www.adl.org/blog/reports-of-...avirus-spreads

March 27 – Martinsville, IN: A man of Korean descent was denied entry into a gas station and told to “never come back.” The gas station attendants reportedly told police that "anyone of Chinese descent was not allowed in the store.” [[Source: WISH-TV)
    March 6 - Garden City, CA: Two students at Bolsa Grande High School filmed themselves verbally harassing and mocking Vietnamese-American classmates, yelling "coronavirus" at them during an International Week assembly. [[Source: OC Register)
    January 26 – Bellevue, WA: A man’s son, whose mother is Asian, was told to “get away” from a food sample table at a Costco because “he may be from China” [[Bellevue, WA). Source: Twitter
    March 14 – Midland, TX: A Burmese man and his two children, ages six and two, were attacked and stabbed at a Sam’s Club by a 19-year-old man. The alleged assailant admitted to targeting the family because he believed the family was Chinese and infecting people with coronavirus. The assailant was charged with three counts of attempted capital murder and one count aggravated assault. [[Source: The Daily Beast)
    Last edited by aj3647; May-17-20 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    I'm not sure I follow the logic that if an ignorant, uneducated, racist bigot can't tell the difference between different Asian ethnicities, or the difference between American citizens of Chinese descent and actual Chinese citizens, that that somehow invalidates the theory that xenophobic attacks on Asians aren't being fueled by aggressive anti-Chinese national rhetoric emanating from certain individuals in high-profile positions. So it only counts if actual Chinese people from China get attacked, and if a Vietnamese-American is told to "go back to China" by some ignorant POS, or a Burmese-American gets stabbed by an attacker for "spreading coronavirus", it's unrelated because the victims weren't actually Chinese?

If anyone would like to see some actual real-life anecdotes highlighting how racist bigots aren't particularly adept at identifying Chinese people from non-Chinese Asians, or identifying Chinese citizens from American citizens on sight, then here you go:
    https://www.adl.org/blog/reports-of-...avirus-spreads
    No, you didn't follow what you read. There was nothing in my post #4376 about it making a difference between Asian identities; only that it happens. Hmong are mistaken for Chinese. There was nothing in my post about "it only counts if actual Chinese people from China get attacked".

There are slurs and attacks. I mentioned a couple of secondhand stories of at least the perception of being discriminated against by people I know or their friends. You posted links to slurs and one physical attack. We still don't have any statistics; how many Asian-Americans have been assaulted by which races for what reasons however. I'm as ok with Trump calling CV-19 the "Chinese virus" as other diseases named after their place of origin. "Chinese" can refer to a place. Trump hasn't been putting Asian-Americans in prison camps. That was FDR.

In my last paragraph, I wasn't dissing the idea or possibility of 'stochastic terrorism' so much as questioning which set of individuals was responsible for it. This is what you should have criticized instead of making stuff up. I was wondering if the 'stochastic terrorism' was a direct result of the President referencing "Chinese virus" or if it had more to do with the 'Trump is a racist' narrative being played over and over for identity politics purposes. I lean toward the latter and 'stochastic terrorism' gives it a name.

Wondering why Asian Americans vote heavily Democratic, I once read that the two main reasons were that they are uncomfortable with the Christian fundamentalist associations of some Republicans and what they considered anti-science stances of the Republican Party. However, because Asian Americans out perform whites in financial achievement, lower crime, test scores, marriage stability and some other measurable criteria of success, and support meritocracy I find it curious that Asian-Americans vote Democratic. Liberal gatekeepers of progressive universities including Harvard discriminate against Asian Americans by putting caps of enrollment and requiring higher entrance scores. I wonder how long Asian-Americans will put up with this treatment from Democrats. It may be necessary for the left to add tinder to the narrative that Trump is stirring up his supporters to keep Asian-Americans in the Democratic fold.
    Last edited by oladub; May-17-20 at 02:08 PM.

^ about the same time we start talking about the wako Democrats that were running around shooting republicans and accosting them in public.

I guess that is the difference,one side is threatening while the other side is actually doing violent harm.

Funny how you had no problem with political terrorism at that time,or maybe shallow minds just fall into step.
    Last edited by Richard; May-16-20 at 07:17 PM.

So do you guys think the rhetoric that Abe Lincoln was spewing caused his untimely death?

Or Caesars as his senate stabbed him to death.

While I believe TDS is new and phycologists will be doing case studies for decades to come the concept of people acting out has been going on long before the current president came into office.

But that is one of the known symptoms of TDS,the inability to place context within daily life,outside of popping 6 bars of Zanax or electric shock therapy unfortunately there is no other known cure.

Canada passed domestic terrorism laws and even made it illegal to kill people,how is that working out?

There is no discussion about domestic terrorism,outside of creating a name for it so you can make it sound good,nobody has been able to eliminate it for over 2000 years,do not see it happening anytime soon.

Personally I think the entire Democratic Party elites are or could be classified as domestic terrorists by their actions as of late.
    Last edited by Richard; May-16-20 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ... phycologists will be doing case studies for decades to come....
    Phycology ... is the scientific study of algae.

And you're embarrassed by your mistake, aren't you? LOL!
    Last edited by Jimaz; May-16-20 at 08:51 PM.

What the hell does algae have to do with it?

About as much as somebody trying to psychoanalyze a wako,they are out there,nobody is in their head,but them.

Sometimes this is like a DYyes version of ... one flew over the kukos nest.

^ nope,I pay my own way in life I do not live it worrying about what others think,let alone the technology that likes to change words.

Those famous words,Frankly,my dear,I do not give a damn.

Apparently you were smart enough to figure it out you should feel special.
    Last edited by Richard; May-16-20 at 08:54 PM.

... the technology that likes to change words....
    Go ahead, edit it. I dare you. I already latched it. LOL!

^ why would I edit it?

You called it out and corrected me,good for you,right now in some village in Africa a family is getting chopped up into little pieces because of their religion,we have different priorities in life according to what bothers us.

Maduro has a $15 million dollar price tag on his head.

I do like this side of you better then having Thom control your thoughts,it is nice to see a real person buried in there.
    Last edited by Richard; May-16-20 at 09:09 PM.

So where did we leave off? Oh yeah, Trump's stochastic terrorism.

Imagine who would want to deflect from that issue?

You deflected from it.

Who was to blame for stochastic terrorism before Trump?

Did you inject bleach or huff Lysol?

My guess is probably not,because most likely you have some common sense and did not take action based on others words.

Or you could do that and then just blame Trump.

and we have,what,4 years and 6 months more of this?

If we are going down the road of manipulation,the left has been the ones easily manipulated for the last 3 + years.

Hey maybe it is not stochastic terrorism,it could be the Russians using mind control,ever think of that?

The guy that used a van to run over the people,they called that domestic terrorism,he was mad because he did not get laid.Trump did not empower him.

The guy in Canada that dressed up as RCMP and killed the 22 people,that was classified as domestic terrorism,was he also emboldened by Trumps words?

Somebody said something and because they think that unlocked the secrets of the mind they are the experts.

Maybe they can find the secret of how come some of the most beautiful women in the world are also the craziest.

We do not know why the person went crazy and killed all of those people.

Wait, yes we do,look we have a domestic terrorist emboldened by Trump.

Okay,sounds good to me,send it to the presses.
    Last edited by Richard; May-16-20 at 09:43 PM.

I'm not sure I follow the logic that if an ignorant, uneducated, racist bigot can't tell the difference. Quoting AJ

There is a reason they print instructions on pop tart packages,logic need not apply.

I could post lots of links where those in the left have placed false claims of racism.

I could also post links of lots of cases of violence against republicans based on comments made by leftist politicians.

I could also post lots of links,even from here, where some have grouped millions into a category simply because they did not agree with their political choice.

There is zero logic in trying to justify that one party is exempt while the other is guilty of the worlds ills.

But then again who needs logic when they have somebody to take them by the hand and show them their way.

People say blood is in Trumps hands because of the virus.

We all know what needs to be done in this country,and those orange guy bad ones,

That blood is on your hands.

We need to bring manufacturing back to our shores.

The cry was,racist anti globalization prick orange guy bad.

We need to fix immigration

Racist orange guy hates immigrants

We need to encourage skills and advanced skills training.

Racist orange guy bad.

We need to protect our border.

Racist against immigrants orange guy bad

AJ,I think they should ban the word logic from your vocabulary,because every single one of those things I listed you are guilty of opposing.

You personal hatred and zeal to destroy a country at any cost just because you do not like elected official is appalling.

It is easy to see how and why so many stood there feeding the gas chambers,they were eager to eliminate all those who did not agree with,it is no different today at any cost.

There is no logic,it has zero to do with it.

That's why I don't.

It'd almost be too 'neatly' nice for all evil, and reasons for the worlds ills to be ascribed solely to one cause or political party!

Some of the same claiming singularity-of-cause can't agree on absolutes within their own post-modern, modernity and, eh' tolerance! This disharmony observed from the car-wrecks along the roads of intersectionality, for example.

Sure, one can argue percentage values as real and varying. But exclusivity in causing the worlds ills?

Forget it..... this we will see soon [[if so desired - to see).

There is zero logic in trying to justify that one party is exempt while the other is guilty of the worlds ills.
    Last edited by Zacha341; May-18-20 at 07:29 AM.

I could also post lots of links,even from here, where some have grouped millions into a category simply because they did not agree with their political choice.

Do you NOT comprehend the difference between classification of people based on their conscious choices [[i.e. supporting racist, hate-bating political figures) and doing so based on what major genetic pools they are part of? THAT is the difference - false equivalence.

Supporting the exploitation of resources and people for the benefit of the few? yes, both sides are equally complicit, but corporatist Dems are more guilty of doing so while claiming to support workers and environmental health.
    Spreading hate based on race or sexual identity? That's all on the Republicans.

But then again who needs logic when they have somebody to take them by the hand and show them their way.
    As you demonstrate so clearly with each and every utterance you parrot.

You personal hatred and zeal to destroy a country at any cost just because you do not like elected official is appalling.
    see previous response. Straight outta the Alex Jones and Glenn Beck's playbook. Twist what your party HAS done to be what those you oppose are trying to do, when it is nothing of the sort.

It is easy to see how and why so many stood there feeding the gas chambers,they were eager to eliminate all those who did not agree with,it is no different today at any cost.
    And you, with your zealous worship of the leader, would be the one holding the door to the shower open while saying "nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post

Do you NOT comprehend the difference between classification of people based on their conscious choices [[i.e. supporting racist, hate-bating political figures) and doing so based on what major genetic pools they are part of? THAT is the difference - false equivalence.

So we have a bunch of wackos that are based on their genetic pool,sounds scientific to me,are their child molesters that are that way based on genetics? If that is the case why imprison them?

Supporting the exploitation of resources and people for the benefit of the few? yes, both sides are equally complicit, but corporatist Dems are more guilty of doing so while claiming to support workers and environmental health.
    Spreading hate based on race or sexual identity? That's all on the Republicans.

Jussie Smollett was a republican? Obama did not fan the flames of division and racism,are you not also promoting racism by taking an entire group of people that you do not agree with and generalizing their behavior as one?

As you demonstrate so clearly with each and every utterance you parrot.

see previous response. Straight outta the Alex Jones and Glenn Beck's playbook. Twist what your party HAS done to be what those you oppose are trying to do, when it is nothing of the sort.

I do not know who you are referring to,if you are listening to them are you not guilty of accusing me of the exact same thing that you are doing? I am not like you,I do not need anybody to formulate an opinion or action in my head.

And you, with your zealous worship of the leader, would be the one holding the door to the shower open while saying "nothing to see here.

I do not agree with Obama because he threw millions in the street while wiping out billions in 401k and retirements just so he could suck up to the banks and create a golden parachute for his friends after office,I support Trump and any other politician that puts this country first and does what they say they are going to do,that is not worshiping any leader,that is supporting what is best for the country and the republic

So does this qualify as a short post?
    Last edited by Richard; May-17-20 at 06:09 PM.

So does this qualify as a short post?
    Short on intelligence, certainly. Seriously, you have a unique ability to not comprehend simple English.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    Short on intelligence, certainly. Seriously, you have a unique ability to not comprehend simple English.
    If you were as intelligent as you thought you were or claim to be,you would be advising the world and have no time to post.

The script of everybody else is a deplorable that does not agree with you,is so 2016 and in case you have not noticed,it was not exactly a winning theme to start with.

You can even say it met with,well .... deplorable results.

Even with a mile long stack of losses you still think you have a chance.
    Last edited by Richard; May-18-20 at 02:51 PM.

What is this twitter thing? Do people get notices,like updates to things they find importance in?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b8/17/fe/b...82355be4fa.jpg
    Last edited by Richard; May-18-20 at 06:28 PM.

What is this twitter thing? Do people get notices,like updates to things they find importance in?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b8/17/fe/b...82355be4fa.jpg
    Come on now Richard. You don't find it weird that a sitting president [[or past president for that matter) would post this crap? Ya know, I think I'll just post a different one every day because there's plenty where that came from.

As far as Ryan Fournier goes....LOL
    Last edited by Maof; May-18-20 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Come on now Richard. You don't find it weird that a sitting president [[or past president for that matter) would post this crap? Ya know, I think I'll just post a different one every day because there's plenty where that came from.

As far as Ryan Fournier goes....LOL
    Define weird,no other president had excess to social media like the last two have had.

I do not care if he gives the daily updates naked,nobody was under the impression that he was a politician from the start while voting for him.

That is the reason people voted for him,as long as he sticks to what he promised and continues to do what is in the best interests of the country,I do not care what he says.

The only tweets I see of his are the ones you guys post here,nobody I know even has tweeter.

I do not know who Ryan Fournier is,was the content of what I posted fake or false information?

What I do find weird is the obsession with everything Trump,that has got to be draining.

I also find it weird that he did not flush the toilet of every Obama holdover from the administration from day one,they are all starting to show their true traitorous colors.

But that is me personally,I have always found talk is cheap and put more stock into people that do what they say.

It used to be considered defining of ones character but anymore that seems to hold no weight.

Maybe it is just a business thing,my customers expect me to do what I say and they are quick to point out if they think I am not,but they seem to be exempt from the same standards,so I fire them as a customer.

One thing you have to remember about Trump is,he used to be a democrat,a lot of those long term democrats in office,he actually played a part in getting them elected along the way.

That is the business side of him coming out when he cannot keep his promises,because keeping ones promises are crucial to success in business.

A lot of it is,he is used to being in total control of all of the decisions and the last word and it does not work that way in politics,so he lashed out and attacks when attacked,otherwise it is a sign of weakness and people will walk all over you when you are weak.

Then add a few tablespoons of NY attitude in there and it becomes entertaining.

But no point in posting all of that,your job is to spread the word of Trump sucks and nobody is going to change that,I just try and look at things in a more balanced way and try to remain devoid of emotions when dealing with things.

Opposition is good,it keeps everybody on their toes so they do not become complacent,it’s just all the nasty stuff that has been applied that involves things at levels,that unchecked could easily morphen into a nasty place when it trickles down to you or I.

Getting back to weird.

I find it weird and even somewhat disturbing when grown adults walk around with woman parts strapped to their heads,even more so in the presence of children,which is just sick and demented.

I find it weird to go screaming about kids drinking out of toilets,when they are not.

I find it weird to be screaming,Impeach the MFR when referring to a sitting United States President,when it is coming from another politician.

Its like the screaming banshees have infiltrated the common good of the Democratic Party.

I am thinking John F Kennedy would be considered a republican in today’s standards.

See,Trump does not hold the patent on craziest person,he has a lot of company on the other side of the isle,of course if one chooses to ignore that part and only concentrate on what they want to see...

He cannot be that bad,the little special princess who claimed she would never return to the United States while he was still president,seems to have had a change of heart.

All the ones that stood up and claimed they would move to Canada if he was elected,are still here,as unfortunate as it is.

So you see ... 90% of it is people talking crap to begin with,just meaningless words in a space of time.

In one ear n out the other.
    Last edited by Richard; May-19-20 at 12:16 AM.

Trump says he's been taking Hydroxychloroquine and zinc for a week and a half or two weeks.

I know of another case where a course of Hydroxychloroquine was prescribed over 5 or 6 days.

Trump possibly confused Zithromax [[azithromycin or Z-Pak) with zinc. There's no zinc in
    azithromycin.

I am not a physician.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Trump says he's been taking Hydroxychloroquine and zinc for a week and a half or two weeks.

I know of another case where a course of Hydroxychloroquine was prescribed over 5 or 6 days.

Trump possibly confused Zithromax [[azithromycin or Z-Pak) with zinc. There's no zinc in
    azithromycin.

I am not a physician.
    I have a feeling he's fibbing....

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...al-drug-265546