Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 122 of 207 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 132 172 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 5151

^ ^

I imagine he scores like a guy in my foursome. Shanks two in the woods and then throws out his chest on the fairway and proclaims, "I'm laying two !". Like golfing with Auric Goldfinger.

I wonder if anyone has checked the tensile/compressive strength of the concrete on Pennsylvania Avenue. Someone's going to look pretty stupid if those tanks leave the street shattered.

^ all the reports I have seen have stated that the tanks will be trucked in and used as static displays.

Freedom is not free and many in the past have sacrificed thier lives so we can have the privilege of complacency.

When I was little we used to play with little green army men,I can imagine these days they are proably outlawed just like the many who wish to outlaw others love for thier country,

Sad thing is in Europe when our military convoys go through towns the citizens line the streets in appreciation and shower the military personnel with local gifts but yet in this country people look for reasons to hate and everything it represents.

Pretty sad that others across the world have more respect for this country then most of its own citizens that hide under her umbrella,until somebody launches a missile,then guaranteed the fist thing they are going to say is,where is the military to protect me ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    yep and look at the price tag for "his" parade.

[QUOTE=Richard;574857]
    Sad thing is in Europe when our military convoys go through towns the citizens line the streets in appreciation and shower the military personnel with local gifts but yet in this country people look for reasons to hate and everything it represents.

When are military goes thru those streets, it is not a full on parade that he is currently orchestrating.

Pretty sad that others across the world have more respect for this country then most of its own citizens that hide under her umbrella,until somebody launches a missile,then guaranteed the fist thing they are going to say is,where is the military to protect me ?[/QUOTE

Those are your words. This is all about him and his showmanship. We don't need an extravagant parade to show appreciation for our military. He's like a jealous teenage girl that needs to one-up.
    Last edited by Maof; July-03-19 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    This is all about him and his showmanship. We don't need an extravagant parade to show are appreciation for our military. He's like a jealous teenage girl that needs to one-up.
    I hadn't been to a major league baseball game for decades when I attended a game in Minneapolis. I was shocked at all the military parading around on the field prior to the game during the national anthem. I didn't know if that was the new normal but it seemed out of place and it was before Trump.

I haven't read about "an extravagant parade" which I would generally disagree with. Do you have a link? All I can find is that a couple of Bradley fighting vehicles and Abrams tanks were being transported in and the Blue Angels will do a fly over if that is considered extravagant. That's a lot less moving around of military machinery that goes on in any given hour in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and on the Red Sea these days which I would measure as "extravagant". I don't know much about jealous teenage girls though, never did, and wonder if your analogy might be considered sexist.

My lament, if any, is that the basis for Independence Day commemorating the Declaration of Independence being adopted by the Continental Congress is being ignored by both parties. My favorite lines of that document include among the reasons for declaring independence was that King George had "erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance." It sounds like our current state.
    Last edited by oladub; July-03-19 at 04:03 PM.

"My gut is that... no one's been drinking from any toilet," Gutfeld said Tuesday. "So I think that what she did was she said something that is false but directionally true. Meaning she could get away with it."

Wow, you don't get in-depth reporting like that very often.

The toilets that they are referring to are all stainless steel one piece toilet,hand wash,sink with a drinking fountain.

so picture your toilet taller and the tank on the back,where the lid is would be the sink combo which is about 3 to 4 foot up from the floor.

She was so pathetically dramatic when she was sitting in the car almost in tears saying they were forced to drink out of the toilet,they should dunk her head in the actual toilet part,then allow her to wash off in the sink part so she knows the difference.

But she already knew that,it is scary that the 8000 that voted her in place did not have a clue how demented she really is.

Then they put up a little girl as to testimony on how rough it is.

You walk and are transported 1000 miles because you are in fear of your life in order to jump the border and claim asylum then bitch because conditions are over crowded because you choose to overwhelm the border as intent then bitch because it’s not good enough.

In the 1980s during the Cuban boat lift 1000s of Cubans were held in Miami,under the overpass surrounded by a ten foot chain link fence.

They slept in tents in 90 degree heat,used portable potties and communal showers where you had a friend or stranger hold up a blanket for privacy men,women and children of all ages.

The conditions were horrible,when it rained the overflowing potty’s flowed through the camp,funny thing is no matter how bad it was,they were grateful,they did not demand or bitch about everything because they knew it was temporary and nothing could match what they left.

How exactly does one go to another country and demand safe harbor because your life is in danger and then complain because you did not get to stay at the holiday inn,I still say the best solution is to send them all back to where they came from,then maybe they will take a few seconds to realize what they had for that moment,we have enough America hating here already,we surly do not need to import more.

Maybe they can put Cortez on the flights back as a stewardess and one of them can offer her a roof over her head once they get back to where they came from.

For people supposedly coming from a poverty stricken country they sure are dressed better then most inner city kids you see in the states.
    Last edited by Richard; July-03-19 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The toilets that they are referring to are all stainless steel one piece toilet,hand wash,sink with a drinking fountain.

so picture your toilet taller and the tank on the back,where the lid is would be the sink combo which is about 3 to 4 foot up from the floor.

She was so pathetically dramatic when she was sitting in the car almost in tears saying they were forced to drink out of the toilet,they should dunk her head in the actual toilet part,then allow her to wash off in the sink part so she knows the difference.

But she already knew that,it is scary that the 8000 that voted her in place did not have a clue how demented she really is.
    No, nobody's that dumb. Are they?

Drama queen! That alone belies her cause.

I’m looking forward to the “Salute To America” parade tonight.

Although it can only rank second to a Trump Rally, it does serve the purpose of further yanking the chains of the imbecilic loons of the left who want to redistribute our country to ILLEGAL hordes, to change the culture of America from doers to non-achievers, so they can give them stuff and produce a larger pool of their voters.

Trump is so good at giving them the material he wants them to object to rather than waiting on the utter crap they make up.
    Last edited by coracle; July-04-19 at 09:00 AM.

*****UP/ LIKE votes on this! They operate in complete opposition, with gusto. In the mean time we're the pawns.

We're even loosing clarity of language in the festivities! Illegals are now called 'Immigrants'? What shall we call those engaged the legal process of immigrating to the US? Stupid? ........

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Trump is so good at giving them the material he wants them to object to rather than waiting on the utter crap they make up.
    Last edited by Zacha341; July-07-19 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    yep and look at the price tag for "his" parade.

Sorry Maof, but it's "our" parade. Unless, of course you're thinking of crossing the border and seeking asylum in Mexico. I suppose we could parade illegals in front of the Social Security and Welfare offices, and a float with AOC riding on top of a huge toilet, instead.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-07-19 at 09:06 AM.

^^^ Precisely. TRUMP does not own it, whatever his agenda is for this day. It's our country first, not a presidents [[far right or left).

Declaring His Independence, Rep. Amash Leaves The GOP
    Saying that "modern politics is trapped in a partisan death spiral," Rep. Justin Amash, the only Republican in Congress who has accused President Trump of impeachable conduct, is quitting the GOP.

Amash, a fifth-term congressman representing Michigan's 3rd congressional district, chose Independence Day to disclose his decision....

"In recent years, though, I've become disenchanted with party politics and frightened by what I see from it," he wrote. "The two-party system has evolved into an existential threat to American principles and institutions."...

In June, Amash quit the conservative House Freedom Caucus, of which he was a founding member.
    The GOP continues to fray around the edges. George Will's quiet departure was just the beginning of the exodus.

^IS THAT ALL YOU’VE GOT???

We’re shaking our shit out, while YOU’RE putting yours up to be President.

Go find a pile of other people’s scribbling for us not to read!

Go get some info on why the YUGE crowd at the Mall last night in inclement weather went there because they were yearning for obama!

Go get some info on why the YUGE crowd at the Mall last night in inclement weather went there because they were yearning for obama!
    Actually, 90% of the crowd were there to see the fireworks show, just like they do every year. Didn't really have a problem with the military fly-overs, but I've seen much better displays at Selfridge less than a mile from my house and even at Belle Isle for the hydroplane races. Considering it was a national event, it was kind of lame.

I'll give the President credit for keeping politics out of the event, but his stiffness when reading from a teleprompter, his loose dentures, and constant stone face seemed to make the whole presentation a bit stiff. In that regard, he could take some lessons from his predecessor.

As one of the Generals said, "No one in the military wakes up wanting to be in a parade. They'd much rather be home with their family on the holiday just like you."

I also took note of the deceiving reports by various media outlets about money being taken from the Nat'l Park Fund to put towards this event. Not one mentioned that the National Mall is actually administered by the Park Service. At best, it was a simple re-allocation of funds.

I thought I saw obama in the crowd, but the guy holding his umbrella for him had it at an odd angle; and they were skulking at the back.

But he had his teleprompter with him in case somebody said “Hi” and he had his teeth in.

I thought I saw obama in the crowd, but the guy holding his umbrella for him had it at an odd angle; and they were skulking at the back.

But he had his teleprompter with him in case somebody said “Hi” and he had his teeth in.
    At least Obama could READ a teleprompter and knew that there were no airports in 1776

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    At least Obama could READ a teleprompter and knew that there were no airports in 1776
    “I’ve now been in 57 states-I think one left to go." -presidential Candidate Obama 2008

Everyone makes mistakes. A few days ago, the liberal media and a couple of posters here were aghast and feigning outrage about the "extravagant" military parade Trump was organizing for the 4th. of July. It was fake news of course brought to us by the same people who brought us the Mueller investigation. A couple of Bradley fighting vehicles and Abrams tanks were parked near the parade, the Blue Angels flew overhead, and the parade may have included military bands. Anyone here want to disband the Blue Angels and miltary bands?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    “I’ve now been in 57 states-I think one left to go." -presidential Candidate Obama 2008

Everyone makes mistakes. A few days ago, the liberal media and a couple of posters here were aghast and feigning outrage about the "extravagant" military parade Trump was organizing for the 4th. of July. It was fake news of course brought to us by the same people who brought us the Mueller investigation. A couple of Bradley fighting vehicles and Abrams tanks were parked near the parade, the Blue Angels flew overhead, and the parade may have included military bands. Anyone here want to disband the Blue Angels and miltary bands?

Maybe just a few of the horn section.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Precisely. TRUMP does not own it, whatever his agenda is for this day. It's our country first, not a presidents [[far right or left).
    come on now. don't you and HT claim to be neither right or left? if so, you sure say a lot to defend him.
    Last edited by Maof; July-06-19 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    but, there was technical problems with the teleprompter
    Last edited by Maof; July-06-19 at 12:41 PM.