Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 115 of 207 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Ahhh....there's that disdain for his fellow human being that we've all come to expect from B.

Keep spreading that liberal love B.
    Sorry, wrong again.

I'm not remotely liberal, and I've never shown affinity to those who are willfully, proudly ignorant.

If you're proud of stupidity, then, yeah, not gonna get any compliments from me.

And I wonder why you didn't answer the question. Why did the wealthiest, best educated areas nationwide all magically shift from Rep to Dem? What's the reason?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Honky Tonk; unicellular life form typing on a cellular pad.

I know! I know! the answer is "canuck"!
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-21-19 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Sorry, wrong again.

I'm not remotely liberal, and I've never shown affinity to those who are willfully, proudly ignorant.

If you're proud of stupidity, then, yeah, not gonna get any compliments from me.

And I wonder why you didn't answer the question. Why did the wealthiest, best educated areas nationwide all magically shift from Rep to Dem? What's the reason?

I guess that's why Hillderberry won the last election, because of all this magic shift going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I guess that's why Hillderberry won the last election, because of all this magic shift going on...
    Exhibit A. "I love the uneducated". Can't fix stupid.

Exhibit A. "I love the uneducated". Can't fix stupid.
    I know. Your posts are, no matter what the subject, SSDD.

I know. Your posts are, no matter what the subject, SSDD.
    Yes, obviously an "I know you are but what am I" response is clearly an effective tool at combating perceptions of ignorance, lack of maturity and minimal cognitive abilities...

Yes, obviously an "I know you are but what am I" response is clearly an effective tool at combating perceptions of ignorance, lack of maturity and minimal cognitive abilities...
    I know. I've been telling you that your responses are for years now.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-21-19 at 05:31 PM.

You can't expect higher cognitive functions from an amoeba.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You can't expect higher cognitive functions from an amoeba.

That's why your allowed to post here, all life forms are. I see twiddlee-dee and twiddlee-dumb have joined forces, eh?

One of them operates under dual personas so they are like a 3 way there.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    One of them operates under dual personas so they are like a 3 way there.

Ah! ménages à trois!

Because they're highly educated and successful and realize a deranged Russian troll in the WH is an existential threat to their families?

Why do you think Republican bedrock areas like Birmingham-Bloomfield have all shifted Dem in the last few years? Have they all magically gone full libtard, or is it more likely they're more informed than the ignoramuses who dutifully voted for a reality TV show lifelong con artist?

Trump famously declared he loves the most uneducated and ignorant, and they apparently love him back. Jonestown 2.0.
    More likely, very rich people don't like the part of Trump's tax bill that doesn't allow them to deduct high state and local taxes associated with blue states. Democrats talk the talk about raising taxes on the rich but I don't see AOC or any other Democrat supporting these Trump tax increases on the rich.

In Lincoln's time, Republicans were the progressive party out to end slavery. By FDR's time, Democrats had replaced Republicans as the party of working people. It could be that this is shifting back again with rich elites getting cheap labor and tax write offs from Democrats while insulting "despicables" and the "most uneducated and ignorant".

People who blindly follow any political party like they are a sports team are interesting.

If one does believe that the Republicans are the only party that they can live with now and in the future, it is surprising that they are comfortable with staking the ability of that party to remain in power longer term on Trump’s embrace of assholism. Yes, it was an ingredient in the campaign to beat Hillary and the ‘asshole celebrity’ did play well in going after the Clinton establishment. She was a very unlikeable candidate right out of the gate so she had issues to overcome, ie beatable. Some voted for Trump thinking that the asshole rhetoric would tone down if elected, not thinking that it would ratchet up indefinitely. Of course, the question remains, how many feel that way? One thing is for sure, he hasn’t won many over to him that did not vote for him while in office. What they didn’t like about him is only magnified now.

The big problem is that assholes are an obvious minority in the American population. Sure, many of us have been one from time to time, but to be an asshole and be proud of it like Trump is? That’s a totally different thing. A large majority of us dislike assholes. Lucky sperm club, selfish assholes especially.

It is a very surprising development that the Republicans in general are willing to stake their political future on assholism. Of course, stupid, ignorant assholes will, but the majority?

2020 will be fascinating.

It goes without saying that if you deny that Trump is an asshole... You probably are one. Most assholes don’t know they are assholes. Assholes totally lack objective self analytical skills of any kind. That’s why they think they are liked when everyone else says “what an asshole” when talking about them.

But that makes zero sense because A. That isn't Trump's plan, it's Congress' plan and B. There was no such plan announced until well after the election. Yes, going forward, the idiotic tax bill harmed Rep prospects in wealthy homeowner areas, but it had nothing to do with the fact that, for the first time in history, the wealthiest parts of Metro Detroit went Dem in a Presidential election.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Democrats talk the talk about raising taxes on the rich but I don't see AOC or any other Democrat supporting these Trump tax increases on the rich.
    Maybe because they aren't "tax increases on the rich". They're tax increases on homeowners in blue states. And they're idiotic and counterproductive. The tax plan will be revoked as soon as the Dems control both houses.

In Lincoln's time, Republicans were the progressive party out to end slavery. By FDR's time, Democrats had replaced Republicans as the party of working people. It could be that this is shifting back again with rich elites getting cheap labor and tax write offs from Democrats while insulting "despicables" and the "most uneducated and ignorant".
    This is partially true. Parties change. The Dems have [[generally speaking) become the party of the wealthy/educated, and Trump is the party of the poor/least educated. But you still haven't explained the why [[probably because you know the why - most educated people wouldn't vote for a mentally ill con artist, and many ignorant people like Trump's racism, cruelty and crudeness, and delight in harming others).

^ because the Dems are not stupid,as much as they hate big buisness and want to tax them out of existence,they need their millions to fund thier political war chest.

You are really out of touch when it comes to who voted for Trump,people crossed party lines to vote him in,your view is anybody that voted for him is uneducated no matter what thier affiliation is.

That is emotions overpowering reality.

Funny when Regan was in office,Shummer and peloski were blaming him for the ills apparently 30 some years later all they can do is play the blame game,sounds familiar to you?

But that makes zero sense because A. That isn't Trump's plan, it's Congress' plan and B. There was no such plan announced until well after the election. Yes, going forward, the idiotic tax bill harmed Rep prospects in wealthy homeowner areas, but it had nothing to do with the fact that, for the first time in history, the wealthiest parts of Metro Detroit went Dem in a Presidential election.
    Wealthy Taxpayers Screaming About Lost Deductions Under Trump Tax "Cuts"

This is the article I linked to. It, in my opinion, makes more sense than you did in post #2846 where you thought that the reason 19 of the 20 richest zip codes in the County voted for Democratic Representatives was "Because they're highly educated and successful and realize a deranged Russian troll in the WH is an existential threat to their families".

]Maybe because they aren't "tax increases on the rich". They're tax increases on homeowners in blue states. And they're idiotic and counterproductive. The tax plan will be revoked as soon as the Dems control both houses.
    The rich hate it when their haciendas get taxed; in this case by removing blue state friendly tax loopholes. Of course wealthy Democrats will try to lower their own higher taxes. You made my point.

This is partially true. Parties change. The Dems have [[generally speaking) become the party of the wealthy/educated, and Trump is the party of the poor/least educated. But you still haven't explained the why [[probably because you know the why - most educated people wouldn't vote for a mentally ill con artist, and many ignorant people like Trump's racism, cruelty and crudeness, and delight in harming others).
    I did explain. Democrats are beginning to become the party of elites as measured by wealth [[zip codes) or by "wealthy/educated" as you said. The disdain Hillary and yourself heap on the less wealthy and educated Americans that I cited also drive away working Americans. Of course, there aren't enough rich people to win elections so Democrats have to flood the Country with foreigners supporting rich Democrats as their patrons in the hope that someday the U.S. will be a one party country modeled after California with its huge income differentials between hacienda owners and their campesino dependents. Only four five states and the District of Columbia had an income differential greater than the average of all states. 4 of those 5 places vote Democratic [[D.C., CA, NY, CT).

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^ because the Dems are not stupid,as much as they hate big buisness and want to tax them out of existence,they need their millions to fund thier political war chest.
    It has nothing to do with Dems, or Reps. It's Trump. You know, the guy who has spent the last week arguing with a corpse.

He's a vile human being, and if you can't see that, you're either incredibly ignorant or a card-carrying member of his Jonestown Cult. He has been very clear that his base are the most gullible folks.

And, of course, no one has answered the question. Why did wealthy/educated areas, all traditionally Republican-leaning, magically switch to Dem, or anyone but Trump? Why did the poorest/least educated areas, all traditionally Democrat-leaning, magically switch to Trump? Hmm...

This is the article I linked to. It, in my opinion, makes more sense than you did in post #2846 where you thought that the reason 19 of the 20 richest zip codes in the County voted for Democratic Representatives was "Because they're highly educated and successful and realize a deranged Russian troll in the WH is an existential threat to their families".

This is obviously all nonsense, because, again, the idiotic tax changes occurred a year after Trump's election, and have nothing to do with Trump's campaign platform. Unless you think that educated people have secret access to a time machine, there is no way that they could have all switched to Dem because they anticipated Congress would institute crazy tax changes a year in the future.

And the same switch happened in red states, where the tax changes benefit the wealthy. Rich, educated districts in Houston and Dallas and Miami and Orlando went Dem too, when pre-Trump they went Rep. So it makes zero sense.

I did explain. Democrats are beginning to become the party of elites as measured by wealth [[zip codes) or by "wealthy/educated" as you said.
    Yes, but you haven't explained the why. Why is that? Why is Trump most appealing to the most ignorant/least educated, and why is Trump loathed by the most educated? Why was this never the case in previous elections?

The disdain Hillary and yourself heap on the less wealthy and educated Americans that I cited also drive away working Americans.
    Except "working Americans", overwhelmingly, voted for Hillary. The areas supporting Hillary account for well over 70% of the U.S. economic product. The areas that support Trump are those with the lowest workforce participation and least economic productivity. Obviously Manhattan and Silicon Valley are vastly more productive than rural Mississippi and West Virginia.

Of course, there aren't enough rich people to win elections so Democrats have to flood the Country with foreigners supporting rich Democrats as their patrons in the hope that someday the U.S. will be a one party country modeled after California with its huge income differentials between hacienda owners and their campesino dependents. Only four five states and the District of Columbia had an income differential greater than the average of all states. 4 of those 5 places vote Democratic [[D.C., CA, NY, CT).
    This is stupid. The U.S. has lower immigration rates than all its competitors, and Reps liked immigration as much as Dems until Klansman-in-Chief Dotard came on the scene to tell all the Deplorables that they're failures in life because of Mexicans. The disdain was obviously shown by Dotard blaming everything on foreigners, not those who oppose Dotard who pointed out his hatred and ignorance.

And those areas are rich and productive. I assume you knew that. They have greater income inequality because they have more successful households, something that Republicans used to laud, pre-Trump.

Again, explain this great inversion. You can't because you know the why. Only idiots, trolls and extremely gullible folks would vote for a lifelong con artist who brags about assaulting women, ripping off taxpayers, consorting with enemies of the U.S., trashes dead war heros, who speaks like a blubbering idiot and is the most lying public figure in recorded history per Polifact.

It has nothing to do with Dems, or Reps. It's Trump. You know, the guy who has spent the last week arguing with a corpse.
    lol...And he was still going at it this morning.

https://images.newrepublic.com/4aa3c...&fm=pjpg&h=496

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    It goes without saying that if you deny that Trump is an asshole... You probably are one. Most assholes don’t know they are assholes. Assholes totally lack objective self analytical skills of any kind. That’s why they think they are liked when everyone else says “what an asshole” when talking about them.
    Met many of those assholes since 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Met many of those assholes since 2016.
    We’re still laughing at you! [[before 2016; and a hell of a lot more since).
    Last edited by coracle; March-22-19 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    People who blindly follow any political party like they are a sports team are interesting.

If one does believe that the Republicans are the only party that they can live with now and in the future, it is surprising that they are comfortable with staking the ability of that party to remain in power longer term on Trump’s embrace of assholism. Yes, it was an ingredient in the campaign to beat Hillary and the ‘asshole celebrity’ did play well in going after the Clinton establishment. She was a very unlikeable candidate right out of the gate so she had issues to overcome, ie beatable. Some voted for Trump thinking that the asshole rhetoric would tone down if elected, not thinking that it would ratchet up indefinitely. Of course, the question remains, how many feel that way? One thing is for sure, he hasn’t won many over to him that did not vote for him while in office. What they didn’t like about him is only magnified now.

The big problem is that assholes are an obvious minority in the American population. Sure, many of us have been one from time to time, but to be an asshole and be proud of it like Trump is? That’s a totally different thing. A large majority of us dislike assholes. Lucky sperm club, selfish assholes especially.

It is a very surprising development that the Republicans in general are willing to stake their political future on assholism. Of course, stupid, ignorant assholes will, but the majority?

2020 will be fascinating.

Sorta like those assholes in Auburn Hills that repeatedly kept re-electing that asshole L. Brooks until he retired, because he kept all the assholes living there isolated from the evils of Detroit.

Sorta like those assholes in Auburn Hills that repeatedly kept re-electing that asshole L. Brooks until he retired, because he kept all the assholes living there isolated from the evils of Detroit.
    I guess your “evils of Detroit” is a euphanism for ABetterDetroit, the “asshole” guy. Maof loves him. He’s tapped into her preferred vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I guess your “evils of Detroit” is a euphanism for ABetterDetroit, the “asshole” guy. Maof loves him. He’s tapped into her preferred vocabulary.

Not @ all. It just kills me that some of the lily white people posting here, living in protected, gated communities, have such strong opinions and advice for people that don't. Brooks was a racist, hated Detroit, talked and acted like a damn fool, yet continued to be re-elected term after term by the same people that claim to against that sort of thing. I guess things look different from the mountain top than here on the ground, eh?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-22-19 at 02:07 PM.

Brooks was a racist, hated Detroit, talked and acted like a damn fool, yet continued to be re-elected term after term by the same people that claim to against that sort of thing. I guess things look different from the mountain top than here on the ground, eh?
    Dumb post. Patterson is roughly 1 billion times better than Dotard [[he's at least a competent manager, not corrupt, not in cahoots with enemies of America, doesn't brag about sexual assault, doesn't call the Klan "very fine people", doesn't call Mexicans "rapists and murderers", hasn't declared bankruptcy seven times and doesn't do tweetstorms against dead folks).

And Patterson voters are more or less the same as Trump voters. Patterson isn't popular in places like Birmingham. He would lose, badly, if only wealthy households voted.
    Last edited by Bham1982; March-22-19 at 06:38 PM.