Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 113 of 207 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 123 163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 5151

She is like a deer in the headlights,trying to keep her party together while others are ripping it apart.

Becoming speaker becomes the pinnacle of her career,if it all implodes she still comes out on top.

I hear that. Someone needs to remind those who perceive it to mean instant 'removal' as I usually hear it cited to do!

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Impeachment in itself NEVER removes a president; it only says that the president should be tried in the Senate and possibly convicted. Also, no President of the US has ever been removed from office by the process begun by Impeachment. Clinton and Johnson [[1860's) were both impeached by the House but not convicted by the Senate and served out their terms...

Former Trump Campaign Manager Paul Manafort has just been indicted by the Manhattan DA on 16 state-level felony counts related to mortgage fraud, just minutes after he had an additional four years added to his federal prison term.

Important to note that since these new charges are brought by the state of New York, Donald Trump CANNOT pardon Manafort for them.

Smollet's about to get his indictments too. What a fun week!

Trump administration grounds Boeing 737 Max planes

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/polit...faa/index.html

From article....

Facing mounting pressure, President Donald Trump said Wednesday his administration was ordering Boeing 737 Max jets grounded until more information is gathered about the crash of an Ethiopian aircraft.

It was a turnabout from the administration's earlier position, which deemed the planes safe to fly even as dozens of other nations banned them after they were involved in two fatal disasters.

Trump said the decision to ground the Max 8 and Max 9 was made in light of new information about last week's crash, which killed 157 people. The Federal Aviation Administration said new evidence had been collected at the sight of the crash on Wednesday, and that information -- along with new satellite data -- led to the grounding decision.

Until Wednesday afternoon, administration officials had insisted the planes were safe, bucking calls from lawmakers and airline labor unions to suspend flights until an investigation could be completed.

Even as he was announcing his administration's decision, Trump said the move was more precautionary than mandatory............

Planes are getting like appliances and cars,they stuff so much untested technology in them that nobody can fix and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Planes are getting like appliances and cars,they stuff so much untested technology in them that nobody can fix and hope for the best.
    Good puppet. I hope the check clears.

^ not sure where you are getting the puppet aspect from.

The lead pilot had 200 hours flight time where the minimum requirement for the US is 1500,the system in question is a redundancy,nervous about it,flip the breaker off and do not use it.

Planes already have auto landing systems,you do not think that they are pushing for self flying planes no different then self driving cars?

Even at that until the report comes out we will not know,US carriers have thousands of flight time with these planes with no problems,the two crashes have been in countries that do not have the same safety standards as the US does or even close.

I specify US because I understand that you are unsure of what country you actually represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Smollet's about to get his indictments too. What a fun week!
    I think he’ll “get away with it” because he was only demonstrating for our benefit the commonly accepted lore of what could happen if you were on a delayed arrival into O’Hare.

He didn’t actually hurt anyone [[not even himself); the white guys that didn’t do it weren’t harmed; there was nothing stolen [[not even the fast food); there were no riots; he’s already been [[temporarily) been penalized, and it’s an easy “penalty” for the police to accept for “peace” in the area. It’s a no brainer.

I think he’ll walk away with “probation” and a “wink” just for show; and instructed to attend a compulsory course in acting, with the unspoken advice that if he tries it again get white guys to play the white guys and don’t skimp on the props.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    get white guys to play the white guys and don’t skimp on the props.

MAGA shirts too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Good puppet. I hope the check clears.

Mom's up, quick, turn off the computer!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Mom's up, quick, turn off the computer!
    Is that some secret Kremlin code or something?

Like "Sergei, our mindless parroting of the Orange Idiot has been exposed, time to start ranting about Mexicans, Blacks and Muslims!"

The lead pilot had 200 hours flight time where the minimum requirement for the US is 1500,the system in question is a redundancy,nervous about it,flip the breaker off and do not use it.

Planes already have auto landing systems,you do not think that they are pushing for self flying planes no different then self driving cars?

Even at that until the report comes out we will not know,US carriers have thousands of flight time with these planes with no problems,the two crashes have been in countries that do not have the same safety standards as the US does or even close.

I specify US because I understand that you are unsure of what country you actually represent.
    Richard, Richard, Richard,
    I know you consider yourself a polymath/aviation expert, but you should know that aircraft have had auto-pilot since the 1920's. The first system was invented in 1912.
    Last edited by canuck; March-17-19 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Is that some secret Kremlin code or something?

Like "Sergei, our mindless parroting of the Orange Idiot has been exposed, time to start ranting about Mexicans, Blacks and Muslims!"

No, of course not. I'm just letting you know mom's up and don't want to see you getting in trouble again for using her computer. Now be good, and I'll post a photo of Hillary in S&M drag so you can have date night.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; March-17-19 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    According to the Wall Street Journal, the U.S. is preparing to remove all troops from Syria! This morning Trump Twittered, “We have defeated ISIS in Syria, my only reason for being there during the Trump Presidency.”

What a difference from Bush's Iraq WMD lies and Obama trying to overthrow Assad, overthrowing Khaddafi, enabling ISIS and making a mess of both countries. Trump is far from perfect but this is good Christmas news. Pulling out of Syria and Trump's improved rapport with Kim allows more news coverage of the coup.
    Meanwhile, three months later...the U.S. will leave 1000 troops inside Syria long-term.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...n-syria-report

Maybe you should have waited for the troops to come home first before celebrating. The exact thing that I said would happen...happened. Trump lied, you believed him because you are a gullible flavor-aid drinking fool, three months later U.S. troops are still there and are going to stay there long-term. Oh, and ISIS hasn't even been defeated yet.

It's a Christmas miracle! LOL! What's it like to be wrong, like, all the time? Hey, how's that "improved rapport with Kim" coming along? Has North Korea been de-nuclearized yet?
    Last edited by aj3647; March-17-19 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Meanwhile, three months later...the U.S. will leave 1000 troops inside Syria long-term.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...n-syria-report

Maybe you should have waited for the troops to come home first before celebrating. The exact thing that I said would happen...happened. Trump lied, you believed him because you are a gullible flavor-aid drinking fool, three months later U.S. troops are still there and are going to stay there long-term. Oh, and ISIS hasn't even been defeated yet.

It's a Christmas miracle! LOL! What's it like to be wrong, like, all the time? Hey, how's that "improved rapport with Kim" coming along? Has North Korea been de-nuclearized yet?
    The article didn't actually say, "the U.S. will leave 1000 troops inside Syria long-term." It said, "The officials reportedly added that the plan could keep as many as 1,000 forces across the country, but said the specific number of troops that will remain is still being determined."

There were 2,000 U.S. troops in Syria. Reducing that number to 1,000 is progress. Barry, the Idiot, tried to overthrow Assad, like he did Khomeini. Obama tolerated some ISIS terror to pressure Assad. It backfired when Russia came in to aid Assad. The good news is that under Trump, ISIS has been rolled back and has lost its territory. We should be sending able bodied Syrian refugees home to help pick up the pieces and rebuild their country.

So far, cross my fingers, after 2+ years of Trump, no new wars although I would prefer that all those troop in places like Syria, Iraq, Africa be brought home and put on the Mexican border to do some good. I was thinking that the last President who didn't try to violently overthrow a country without a declaration of war was Ford. The last president who didn't use U.S. military forces in combat situation though was Hoover.

Obama looked like he was going to piddle every time he wound up in a room one on one with Putin; not so Trump. It's been a pleasant change having a President who did get together with Kim. My guess is that had Trump agreed to all of Kim's conditions, you would have been saying Trump capitulated. If you're in the coup business, you have to keep spinning.

My guess is that had Trump agreed to all of Kim's conditions, you would have been saying Trump capitulated. If you're in the coup business, you have to keep spinning.
    Indeed, but, on the bright side, maybe President O'Rourke will pardon Trump.

Or not.

The article didn't actually say, "the U.S. will leave 1000 troops inside Syria long-term." It said, "The officials reportedly added that the plan could keep as many as 1,000 forces across the country, but said the specific number of troops that will remain is still being determined."

There were 2,000 U.S. troops in Syria. Reducing that number to 1,000 is progress. Barry, the Idiot, tried to overthrow Assad, like he did Khomeini. Obama tolerated some ISIS terror to pressure Assad. It backfired when Russia came in to aid Assad. The good news is that under Trump, ISIS has been rolled back and has lost its territory. We should be sending able bodied Syrian refugees home to help pick up the pieces and rebuild their country.

So far, cross my fingers, after 2+ years of Trump, no new wars although I would prefer that all those troop in places like Syria, Iraq, Africa be brought home and put on the Mexican border to do some good. I was thinking that the last President who didn't try to violently overthrow a country without a declaration of war was Ford. The last president who didn't use U.S. military forces in combat situation though was Hoover.

Obama looked like he was going to piddle every time he wound up in a room one on one with Putin; not so Trump. It's been a pleasant change having a President who did get together with Kim. My guess is that had Trump agreed to all of Kim's conditions, you would have been saying Trump capitulated. If you're in the coup business, you have to keep spinning.

I agree that it is nice to see a president with some cahones instead of just whimpering and handing over a few hundred million to kick the can down the road.

What is even more interesting is the outcry when he does not listen to the generals,whose only job is military actions.

Not sure why Bham/AJ brought up the whole defeating ISIS aspect,it has been made clear that they will never be totally eliminated,the goal was to push them out of Syria and that has been achieved.

The remaining 1000 are for support,training,appearances and drones,highly unlikely that they will see combat.
    Last edited by Richard; March-18-19 at 08:10 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kul34O_yMLs

"i know more about isis than the generals do"

And they send the black boxes to France? Who's kissing Airbus' behind on this one?

It's not a good look...

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    And they send the black boxes to France? Who's kissing Airbus' behind on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by pjbear05 View Post
    They want to find the little technology secrets in the boxes for Airbus.

The reason this aircraft is so popular is because of its fuel efficiency,they have 400 billion in orders to fill,I am sure Airbus would like some of that.

There were previous recorded complaints,but the pilot replies have been to shut off the autopilot if a situation comes up.

It just seems like in some countries pilots are to dependent on automatic controls and do not have the capability of flying the planes manually,which one would think would be the first requirements.

Lots of those planes in the US and even though they may have had a problem,experienced pilots were able to maintain control without anybody even knowing what was happening.

^^^^
    Yes, it must been Ben Afflecks and Bruce Willises as co-pilots flying them. God bless Maga hats fit all.

So we all know he went on a twitter rampage this weekend, but this guy does not stop....

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sot-ip-vpx.cnn

And this is what the 72 year old bully incites....

https://twitter.com/cindymccain?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"Be Best"

Nailed it.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2Ba-17WwAIrkO8.jpg:large
    Last edited by Maof; March-20-19 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    So we all know he went on a twitter rampage this weekend, but this guy does not stop....

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...sot-ip-vpx.cnn

And this is what the 72 year old bully incites....

https://twitter.com/cindymccain?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"Be Best"

Nailed it.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D2Ba-17WwAIrkO8.jpg:large
    He's getting nervous because of requests for personal financial information. I never understood and still don't, why the fans of Trump were so willing and still are, to give him a pass on providing his taxes and personal financial information. Every Presidential candidate for 40 years has willingly provided it even though it isn't required by law, and some were legally required previously because of the past public positions they've held. When a Trump supporter smugly tells me, "He's not legally required to provide it", I always answer them, "Why wouldn't you as a voter want to see it when you've seen everyone else's ?" Why were/are they so eager to give a pass to someone who never held a public office and claims to be a great businessman ? You applied for a job without experience, while claiming your aptitude in business would make up for it, yet we still have no proof. The only thing we have is reality tv reruns. That audit sure is taking a long time.

I hope the Democratic Party understands that they'll be coming to the plate in the 2020 Presidential election with two strikes against them. America doesn't like one-term Presidents. Most voters think one term isn't long enough to implement policy changes. "It's the economy, stupid" works for Republicans too. Polls aren't votes. It's easier to claim you disapprove of performance than to change gears and vote for someone else at crunch time.