Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 105 of 178 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 5151

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Go get some info on why the YUGE crowd at the Mall last night in inclement weather went there because they were yearning for obama!
    Actually, 90% of the crowd were there to see the fireworks show, just like they do every year. Didn't really have a problem with the military fly-overs, but I've seen much better displays at Selfridge less than a mile from my house and even at Belle Isle for the hydroplane races. Considering it was a national event, it was kind of lame.

I'll give the President credit for keeping politics out of the event, but his stiffness when reading from a teleprompter, his loose dentures, and constant stone face seemed to make the whole presentation a bit stiff. In that regard, he could take some lessons from his predecessor.

As one of the Generals said, "No one in the military wakes up wanting to be in a parade. They'd much rather be home with their family on the holiday just like you."

I also took note of the deceiving reports by various media outlets about money being taken from the Nat'l Park Fund to put towards this event. Not one mentioned that the National Mall is actually administered by the Park Service. At best, it was a simple re-allocation of funds.

I thought I saw obama in the crowd, but the guy holding his umbrella for him had it at an odd angle; and they were skulking at the back.

But he had his teleprompter with him in case somebody said “Hi” and he had his teeth in.

I thought I saw obama in the crowd, but the guy holding his umbrella for him had it at an odd angle; and they were skulking at the back.

But he had his teleprompter with him in case somebody said “Hi” and he had his teeth in.
    At least Obama could READ a teleprompter and knew that there were no airports in 1776

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    At least Obama could READ a teleprompter and knew that there were no airports in 1776
    “I’ve now been in 57 states-I think one left to go." -presidential Candidate Obama 2008

Everyone makes mistakes. A few days ago, the liberal media and a couple of posters here were aghast and feigning outrage about the "extravagant" military parade Trump was organizing for the 4th. of July. It was fake news of course brought to us by the same people who brought us the Mueller investigation. A couple of Bradley fighting vehicles and Abrams tanks were parked near the parade, the Blue Angels flew overhead, and the parade may have included military bands. Anyone here want to disband the Blue Angels and miltary bands?

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    “I’ve now been in 57 states-I think one left to go." -presidential Candidate Obama 2008

Everyone makes mistakes. A few days ago, the liberal media and a couple of posters here were aghast and feigning outrage about the "extravagant" military parade Trump was organizing for the 4th. of July. It was fake news of course brought to us by the same people who brought us the Mueller investigation. A couple of Bradley fighting vehicles and Abrams tanks were parked near the parade, the Blue Angels flew overhead, and the parade may have included military bands. Anyone here want to disband the Blue Angels and miltary bands?

Maybe just a few of the horn section.

but, there was technical problems with the teleprompter
    Last edited by Maof; July-06-19 at 12:41 PM.

Obama had to use a TelePrompTer,he could not figure things out on his own,so somebody had to write his speeches for him,he was proably lip syncing most of the time anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    come on now. don't you and HT claim to be neither right or left? if so, you sure say a lot to defend him.
    An observation from a contributor who is never right!

An observation from a contributor who is never right!
    Your MAGA hat is on too tight.
    Last edited by Maof; July-07-19 at 08:20 PM.

Oh, so Trump writes his own speeches? He's the one that included airports in the Revolutionary War as well as moving the writing of the Star Spangled Banner from the War of 1812? If one writes ones own speeches, then the Teleprompter glitch should be a non-issue. Let's face it, no matter how wet that screen was, there is little it could say that would cause an educated person to talk about airports and planes being around in 1776.

Oh, so Trump writes his own speeches? He's the one that included airports in the Revolutionary War as well as moving the writing of the Star Spangled Banner from the War of 1812? If one writes ones own speeches, then the Teleprompter glitch should be a non-issue. Let's face it, no matter how wet that screen was, there is little it could say that would cause an educated person to talk about airports and planes being around in 1776.
    Or the USA having 57 States. [[or is it 58?)
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-07-19 at 08:49 AM.

Also, before the last election candidate Trump chose to take shots at Obama concerning both the amount of time he spent golfing and reading from a teleprompter, when he wasn't even running against him. Two years later and Trump's done more of both. Then again, pointing any of this out is an exercise in futility...."I could shoot a man on 5th Avenue".

If your loving president used a professional speech writer you guys would have nothing to moan about,you would be just walking around in circles numb with nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I guess being a politician isn't such a tankless job.

^^^ After all........

Just gonna leave this
    Name:  66086961_2410326645656744_579234278974423040_n.jpg
Views: 5433
Size:  52.9 KB

Just gonna leave this
    Name:  66086961_2410326645656744_579234278974423040_n.jpg
Views: 5433
Size:  52.9 KB

Uh, Ok, Thanx. Will they be attacking all 57, [[or is it 58?) States?
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-08-19 at 07:05 AM.

“Good Morning” to contributors of #3070 and #3072. They’re a tad benign, so I’ll have to think about them. Might not have a reply beten.

“... Might not have a reply beten.
    Try that again in English?

Try that again in English?
    Sorry, “beten” was a mistake, it should have been be-eleven. What was your “question” again?

Oh, I see now; that was supposed to be humor...
    Sorry, “beten” was a mistake, it should have been be-eleven. What was your “question” again?

"I've known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side."
    -Donald J Chump on Jeffrey Epstein.

Present Labor Secretary Acosta was chosen by Chump for the office. He is the prosecutor that gave a sweet deal to Epstein way back.

Can't wait to see how this unravels...

The Funny how your life can change. For eight years when obama intruded on my TV [[which was constant) I couldn’t find the Remote fast enough to change Channels. Now I’m constantly searching for Trump to see and hear what he has to say. [[it’s just deplorable that I can’t get enough of him).

And for circa 30 years I’ve been forced to vote for people I didn’t want to vote for because the alternatives, clinton, gore, kerry, obama were worse. Now for the second time only I will vote for someone I WANT to be our President [[that’s the jcole “OUR” from #3069).
    Last edited by coracle; July-08-19 at 10:38 AM.

^ you forgot the part of the Russian involvement,I meen If you are going to create juicy stuff out of thin air at least make it attachable from multiple angles.

You forgot Clinton was a regular on the Lolita express flights.