Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Disney store

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    But that's not what Disney stores are these days. The last one I was in a couple of years ago was essentially a "princess shop." No wall of plush stuff, no adult clothing at all, no expensive art work -- just Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Frozen etc. clothing and trinkets ad nauseum.
    Exactly. Disney is opening their stores where moms/grandmas are shopping for granddaughers. It's almost all princess dresses these days.

I don't see downtown as an obvious location for the princess dress shopper, though I could be missing something. Are grannies seriously shopping for the granddaughters on Woodward rather than at Twelve Oaks or wherever?

Bham's original post is spot on. The entertainment-branded novelty & apparel outlets are rare and getting rarer. Detroit's retail will be a blend of local boutiques, lots of bars-restaurants-coffee shops, and national niche retailers. That combo will both bring and service foot traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I didn't know Kit and Ace was downtown. I guess they could qualify. Did they really sign a normal retail lease? Like 10 years min. and they're actually paying rent? They're a Lululemon spinoff, and maybe not true "luxury" but are certainly high end.

John Varvatos is from Detroit. I personally wouldn't count it. He has always had strong links to Detroit, incorporating Detroit-stuff in his marketing, designed some Chrysler limited edition cars and had close ties to the Greek property owners downtown.
    The fact you didn't know Kit + Ace was downtown tells me you don't go downtown a lot. Their store is right on Woodward, you can't miss it.

So what if Varvatos is from Detroit? He's a luxury brand. He sells in all the upmarket department stores and has stores in posh areas. He's a native son and chose to put his first Midwest store here, that's amazing!

But I agree with on Disney. And with that, this thread can stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    The fact you didn't know Kit + Ace was downtown tells me you don't go downtown a lot. Their store is right on Woodward, you can't miss it.

So what if Varvatos is from Detroit? He's a luxury brand. He sells in all the upmarket department stores and has stores in posh areas. He's a native son and chose to put his first Midwest store here, that's amazing!

But I agree with on Disney. And with that, this thread can stop now.

I just put an end to it. Like Disney. On ice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2