Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Last edited by EastsideAl; December-10-16 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    It's over.

Federal Judge has halted Michigan presidential election recount stating Jill Stein lacks standing.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...ount/95110008/

Nonetheless the recount has IMO done a very important service in revealing flaws in the handling of our votes and their custody.

This should prompt reform to guarantee that these mistake will be fixed and a future recount can be effected and our votes protected.
    OK, but I don't have any confidence at all that this is going to prompt such reform. It's actually not in the interests of the elected officials of either party to delve too far into this, or to meaningfully address our voting procedures. Which is why we were kind of counting on the federal government to support this process.

As a Detroit voter, I also just have some personal democratic interest in what happened to my vote and those of my neighbors. But, after this ruling, I don't expect to hear any answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    A quick search of the "internet" will verify my post. Might I suggest trying "Google"?
    I will "suggest" you get thicker skin. You know how to make jokes but you sure can't take one.

Wisconsin recount 95% done but Milwaukee and Madison having issues ala Detroit?

If not......
    Last edited by Dan Wesson; December-11-16 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    I will "suggest" you get thicker skin. You know how to make jokes but you sure can't take one.
    Yeah-"four bucks coffee" jokes.

Why is no one here bringing up what the CIA revealed?

Maybe because in the past they have proven to be anything but intelligent,I am not sure anybody takes them seriously anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    It used to be "believe none of what you hear and half of what you see".
    Now, it's none of what you hear and 10% of what you see.
    The accusations of Russian Boogie Men by those holding the short end of stick politically and our own Departments of Boogie Men are hearsay, innuendo, murky, and lacking solid evidence.
    No names, no faces, just sweet little nothing's whispered into the ear of a once famed newspaper that has been turned into a yellow stained scandal sheet struggling to maintain subscribers and credibility.

"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia."

George Orwell

Why even Obama wants a full investigation, in what a month, and wants it headed by a Top Boogie man who has been proven to lie to Congress and the American people on live TV, then wants the information kept secret.

Like WTF people!

It must be true... While Obama and by association us play checkers. Putin's been playing chess.

^^^ And the Chinese are playing tri-level chess in relations to US foreign policy, poli-tricks and trade!
    Last edited by Zacha341; December-12-16 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    This is proven Trumpist fake news bullshit....
    From the Politico article: "Some hardcore Clinton backers circulated the rumors in 2008, but the campaign itself steered clear."

I believe this... but trust that people will also remember that Trump isn't a white nationalist either. We can't disavow 'fake news' about our side, yet believe 'fake news' about the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Maybe because in the past they have proven to be anything but intelligent,I am not sure anybody takes them seriously anymore.
    Ah, another armchair security expert, and almost certain Trump voter.

Let me guess, you're parroting the Trump lie that all 17 intelligence agencies are stupid and only Trump knows the truth, right?

You seriously don't care that a hostile foreign entity has hacked a U.S. Presidential election? Makes no difference to you? Your guy won, so totally cool with Putin controlling the U.S. Presidency?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I believe this... but trust that people will also remember that Trump isn't a white nationalist either.
    Yeah, and water isn't wet and the Pope isn't Catholic...

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Because its the Obama CIA which has been known to politicize things. Remember, the EC votes on Monday and they are in a last-ditch effort to try to convince the electors not to vote for President Elect Trump. There is NO EVIDENCE that the voting systems were hacked and Julian Assange continues to insist that Russia was not involved in the info that WikiLeaks released. Also, people forget the fact that the released e-mails show fraud, deception, dirty tricks and cheating [[for instance, the debate questions that the good "Christian Woman [[JEEESUS) Donna Brazille [[so you can't question her, because she is a CHRISTIAN WOMAN! [[praise JEESUS, HALLALUIA!)) gave to Shillary) that NONE of the parties involved can even bring themselves to lie about by denying their authenticity. President-Elect Trump won because of the libtard elites selling out America [[our jobs, our security, our sovreignty and our dignitiy) at every turn and after trusting that feckless weakling Hussein Obama, found out that he hated America and was trying to destroy her. Shillary lost because people have had enough. Oh, by the way, we're just getting started.... We WILL MAKE AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN and FIX THIS MESS. This ends HERE AND NOW.

Bham 1982, I continue to read your posts with amusement, and at times hilarity. I especially enjoyed the last paragraph of your 10:40 a.m. post above.

So, you think Putin "totally controlled" the results of our election for president? Damn, he's good.

Actually, my guess is that our hackers, both official and unofficial, are as good or better than theirs and that we are engaged in as much or more mischief as they are. Example: the destruction, with Israel, of Iran's centrifuges a couple of years ago.

Personally, I believe Exxon Mobil helped Putin win the last election over there with 99% of the vote. How else could he have achieved that margin without Exxon's help?

P.S. Personally, takascar, I believe Russia did provide all the material to WikiLeaks. So,....

Bham 1982, Putin was not involved in a diabolical plot to undermine our election. He, through Wiki, just told the American people the truth about our current administration and the DNC.

Putin interfered in our election by exposing Hillary's emails? Tell me, Bham 1982, how Putin systematically help Hillary establish an unlimited trail of corruption for 30-40 years.

I'm with you, Bham, because I think Putin tricked Donna Brazile into providing Hillary with the debate questions in advance.

I predict the next president of the U.S. will be Rex Tillerson, with a little help from his friends.

Quote Originally Posted by takascar View Post
    Because its the Obama CIA which has been known to politicize things.
    Ah yes, 17 security agencies full of career appointees, including the Republican-dominated CIA, are all lying and it's all Obama's fault. He's desperately trying to make poor, innocent Trump look bad, but for some odd reason waited until after the election...

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post

Bham 1982, Putin was not involved in a diabolical plot to undermine our election.
    That's not what 17 U.S. security agencies are reporting. They have concluded that the Russians conspired to fix the election. And Congress, both Republicans and Dems, have already launched two wide-ranging investigations.

Do you have secret evidence to the contrary? Or do you only follow Russian state propaganda?

I'm with you, Bham, because I think Putin tricked Donna Brazile into providing Hillary with the debate questions in advance.
    If you're going to be a Russian propagandist, at least get the propaganda right.

Wikileaks/Russia claimed the Brazile gave a single debate question, on the death penalty, to a Democratic operative, not Clinton. Media sources have since reported that correspondents like Brazile, both Republican and Dem, see debate questions all the time, so it's possible any candidate could have seen questions in advance.

There's zero indication that Hillary ever saw the one question, and that was her worst debate anyways. Bernie kicked her ass in that debate. Hillary gave a terrible response to the single death penalty question.

So if that's your "rigged primary" it's a pretty horrible rigging. And amazingly odd that Bernie was such a passionate advocate for Hillary after this alleged "rigging". Why would be such a strong, unwavering supporter of someone who allegedly "stole" the nomination from him?

I predict the next president of the U.S. will be Rex Tillerson, with a little help from his friends.
    Or more likely Putin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Ah, another armchair security expert, and almost certain Trump voter.

Let me guess, you're parroting the Trump lie that all 17 intelligence agencies are stupid and only Trump knows the truth, right?

You seriously don't care that a hostile foreign entity has hacked a U.S. Presidential election? Makes no difference to you? Your guy won, so totally cool with Putin controlling the U.S. Presidency?

That is easy enough,phone them up and request a mission based on thier gathered intelligence,then when you are standing in the middle of some third world country with your ick in your hand and no support you will then understand the real meaning of intelligence.

Intelligence is compiling bits of information and assembling to create a best guess scenario.

Hostile foreign entity hacked an election? They do not need to,it is called propaganda,whisper something that somebody wants to hear and it spreads like paranoid wildfire.

Maybe Trump stayed at a holiday inn express.

Do a search on voteing machine hacking and it is all out there,what can and cannot be hacked,tons of research out there and has been for years.

The only light of hope Putian sees in this country in regards to communism are the ones shouting for free stuff without realizing that there is always a price to pay for free.

It is totally irrelevant who I voted for,the difference is if I do not agree with who you voted for,I do not resort to name calling and labeling generalization,
    and that makes me the better person.Other then that I have never been much on going the blind sheep route.

If something was hacked,it will leave a trail and will be figured out until then I am not going to sweat it.

DNC was internally disclosed,it was not a hack,maybe a spy within the DNC?

I heard from 17 turtles that the CIA hacked the U.K. Brexit vote because they wanted multiple currencies instead of one uro.

This is how Putin handled a factory that tried closing down to force the workers to except a lower wage.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GsDLrUieJg
    Last edited by Richard; December-12-16 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    That's not what 17 U.S. security agencies are reporting. They have concluded that the Russians conspired to fix the election. And Congress, both Republicans and Dems, have already launched two wide-ranging investigations...snip...
    Every time I hear this argument, I laugh a little, as I remember when the intelligence world agreed about certain weapons of mass destruction.

btw, Trump never said there's no Russian involvement. He just isn't pointing a finger towards the east. Some might call that politically astute -- pending having more info. Or do you like your President's to jump to conclusions like W.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This is how Putin handled a factory that tried closing down to force the workers to except a lower wage.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GsDLrUieJg
    Wow, that's terrifying. I see an autocrat insulting and bullying owners, telling them what to do with their property. And if they don't do it, he'll take it from them, probably using the power of the government. I really hope that doesn't happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You are aware, of course, the whole Obama/birth certificate/legitimacy issue was started by Mrs. Clinton when she was running against Mr. Obama in 2008?
    Come on Honky Tonk:

Some Clinton staffers raised the question and dropped it. That is fair inquiry.

What Trump did was 100 times worse.

He took something which had been disproved to the 'reasonable man' [[are you reasonable Donald?) and ran with it for years. He knew it was false but because people believed it he peddled it because he could make political capital with it.

The Catholic Church has 'mortal' and 'venial' sins. What the Clinton folks did was venial. What Trump did was mortal.

Is the presidency an ill gotten good by Trump? If so, will it be worth it? [[and see post below):
    Last edited by emu steve; December-13-16 at 05:13 AM.

I was at the Washington Post yesterday and saw one of their ace political reporters and we talked.

I said something to the effect: "Isn't this the shortest presidential honeymoon in recent memory?" He said, "It's over all ready and would also be if Clinton was elected."

Trump won the election but will it be a prize or goal worth winning or attaining?

I have been predicting for weeks now that we are looking at 1969 - 1973 again. A lot of folks as torqued as we have seen in almost 50 years.

Obama's early years spawned the Tea Party. I have no idea what will be spawned out of the progressive left in the years to come.

Trump is not a Romney, McCain, George W, Dole, George H, etc. He has ZERO good will with his political opponents who got about 54 per cent of the vote. [[people liked George W even though they strongly agreed with the war).

When a candidate loses the popular vote by 2% [[almost 3M votes) and gets only 46% of the vote, I could look at that election without looking at names, and say that spells trouble.

I believe it will be a bump ride the next four years. If this was an airplane flight: "This is your captain. Please return to your seats and fasten your seat belts we have some turbulence ahead."

When is the last time people have been protesting in the streets the president-elect and will protest on Inauguration Day????
    Last edited by emu steve; December-13-16 at 05:26 AM.

Getting back to the top post subject at hand:

While Detroit was obviously most noteworthy. There were problems across the state in all types of counties, large, small, urban, rural, etc.

"In Washtenaw County, 23 of 150 precincts, about 15 percent, could not be recounted. Other counties with high percentages of unrecountable precincts include Branch [[27 percent); Cass [[24 percent); Wayne [[24 percent) and Ionia [[24 percent). "

I might add: I believe in corporate America, books don't need to balance to the last dollar or thousand dollars. Small errors are expected.

Similar, I don't think anyone worries if a precinct is off by one or two votes with the assumption that another precinct's error may cancel it.

Just so long as the error is BOTH small and random.

I have no idea if the errors in Iona County favored one candidate or another and if so, which candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    ... When is the last time people have been protesting in the streets the president-elect and will protest on Inauguration Day????
    George W. Bush, according to this :
    DetroitYES Home » Non Detroit Issues » Thom Hartmann » Dirty Don Is Trying To Criminalize Protests At His Inauguration!

The Orwellian "Massive Omnibus Blocking Permit" will attempt to forbid such protests.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-13-16 at 09:03 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast