Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Why are you so edgy? Jesus. I post like once a year. I'm glad you don't like my architectural taste?
    I'm not a fan of all-glass towers and appreciate tapering and setbacks with masonry. I think you like tall pointy things...like what's sticking up your A half the time you reply

Why are you overreacting here??? Take a chill pill dude. Don't take random shit so personally. Didn't you do this same thing before and apologized? People disagreeing on architecture is not a personal attack on you.

I think you like tall pointy things...like what's sticking up your A half the time you reply
    lol yeah, I'm the edgy one.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; October-05-21 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    "Edgy" is a *VERY* kind characterization...

Lol shut up with your sad little chime ins. You're an obsessed Detroit hater, you literally do nothing here but trash the city and act negative about any little thing you possibly can. You can't handle anybody that doesn't have a red hot throbbing hate boner for the city and the state.

And that's being as kind as I can lol.
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; October-05-21 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^One never knows... he thinks a 1 story store is preferable without multi-floor living above it...

Uhh what? When have I ever said I preferred the sad iteration of the meijer development we got without apartments? Keep making things up.

Some people just live life angry. That's too bad.
    The ignore function definitely comes in handy for people like them...

A function we all know you don't use since you continue to fan-girl over me.

Give it up man, you were banned from another forum for your Detroit hater trolling. You have no self awareness. And so passive aggressive lol.

Ha!
    Funny.
    They're a very strongly opinionated individual and I'll leave it at that. It's one thing to state your opinions and another to just crap all over someone else's taste because it's not your cup of tea and this person religiously does that. Oh well. It's a free world. I'm not the gestapo here and welcome differing POV I guess. That ignore button is a beautiful thing though, on any website or social media.
    I hope Detroityes has a thread for that Godfrey development in corktown off Michigan I believe that'll be nice.

Ha!
    Funny.
    They're a very strongly opinionated individual and I'll leave it at that. It's one thing to state your opinions and another to just crap all over someone else's taste because it's not your cup of tea and this person religiously does that. Oh well. It's a free world. I'm not the gestapo here and welcome differing POV I guess. That ignore button is a beautiful thing though, on any website or social media.
    I hope Detroityes has a thread for that Godfrey development in corktown off Michigan I believe that'll be nice.

This is the 2nd time you've attacked me and personally insulted me completely unprovoked and unwarranted. And this is after you apologized before, so clearly your apology was bullshit.

I never "crapped all over" anything, I wasn't even remotely angry. This is hardcore projection and gaslighting you're doing right now. Just stop it.

I have never said anything remotely negative towards you ever, nor have I ever been rude to you in any way. You clearly cannot handle sharing opinions on an online forum. Telling me to shove it up my ass? Really?

I think I'm just going to block you now so I never have to endure this utter stupidity ever again. And you can shove your fake apologies you know where.

Unless this is really terrible performance art feel free to slide into each other's DMs. Nobody cares about this.

In actual Monroe Block news there was a work crew in a cherry picker doing something at the top of the towers of the National Theater Building. We all know that nothing will happen on the site this year but it might make some sense to start disassembling the theater if you want to hit the ground running next year. Wishful thinking im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Unless this is really terrible performance art feel free to slide into each other's DMs. Nobody cares about this.
    I'm sorry, really. Believe me I know this is stupid but I'm forced to defend myself here, he chose this. Not gonna just take being attacked by trolls because I dared to use an online forum the way it's supposed to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    I'm sorry, really. Believe me I know this is stupid but I'm forced to defend myself here, he chose this. Not gonna just take being attacked by trolls because I dared to use an online forum the way it's supposed to be used.
    Quit your mansplaining. I'm actually a hermaphrodite and yes, I'm more sensitive than most but when someone is rude I don't just take it. You're a rude dude and I'm not apologizing to someone like you. Have a great day!

I just love this!!

Stromberg2

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    There was a DYES member who used to post here named Quinn. He used Photoshop to put a project [which could have been an architectural design for a NYC project] on the Statler block back when Gilbert was first thinking about building a new HQ, with the main contender being the Hudson's and Statler blocks.

Here was his pipe dream...
    Sorry...meant to post this way.

Take a look at this.... A Delta City dream for Campus Martius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUuPLvLrCyE

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Take a look at this.... A Delta City dream for Campus Martius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUuPLvLrCyE
    Nice! I hope bedrock eventually builds that on those blocks. Just gotta be patient

The good news is that the Monroe Street Midway won't be going away for the winter. The bad news is that means the Monroe Blocks won't be re-breaking ground this winter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EjpNXXHwow

So much for Gilbert's third pyramid.
    Last edited by Danny; October-28-22 at 06:38 PM.

Looking at the residential development along Woodward and other areas of Midtown, it should be clear to Dan Gilbert that the development of land in and around downtown should focus on residential. Gilbert keeps hoping for businesses to want to build downtown. The problem is it's not happening. All of Monroe and Cadillac Square streets should be residential. If more office space is needed, I'm sure that he can find some room in the 10 story portion of the Hudson's site, the Book Building, and the Free Press Building. That's my two cents.

I see the Monroe blocks as a good news bad news story for the Gilbert empire.

Bad News: Monroe blocks are probably on ice for a while.
    Good News: The Gilbert projects that were active when the pandemic hit are still moving forward and up.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Looking at the residential development along Woodward and other areas of Midtown, it should be clear to Dan Gilbert that the development of land in and around downtown should focus on residential. Gilbert keeps hoping for businesses to want to build downtown. The problem is it's not happening. All of Monroe and Cadillac Square streets should be residential. If more office space is needed, I'm sure that he can find some room in the 10 story portion of the Hudson's site, the Book Building, and the Free Press Building. That's my two cents.
    I think that longtime homeowners whom either lived in the neighborhood for more than 20 years
    or inherited their homes should have perks or grandfathered in the neighborhoods and not have their property taxes raised due to new developments in their neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    I see the Monroe blocks as a good news bad news story for the Gilbert empire.

Bad News: Monroe blocks are probably on ice for a while.
    Good News: The Gilbert projects that were active when the pandemic hit are still moving forward and up.
    It will be a long time before another new office building goes up. I'm still surprised at the building at the Joe Louis site and now the Compuware building is emptying out. First Meridian announced they were exiting a large portion and now, according to Crains, Compuware themselves are heading to the burbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It will be a long time before another new office building goes up. I'm still surprised at the building at the Joe Louis site and now the Compuware building is emptying out. First Meridian announced they were exiting a large portion and now, according to Crains, Compuware themselves are heading to the burbs.
    Compuware is only a small sliver of its' former self, and now is no longer an independent company. They once had about 15,000 employees... now down to 500-1000. Of course any loss of workers downtown is bad.

The company made Peter Karmanos Jr. a billionaire long before he disinvested himself from it and before it started shriveling down to its' current size.

Nice! I hope bedrock eventually builds that on those blocks. Just gotta be patient
    I looked out of my First National Building office window at a crumbling Monroe Block 40 years ago. My patience is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Residential is tough to develop in most cities/metro areas right now despite the pent-up demand.

The long & short of it is that the rents and/or purchase prices developers & financiers would like to set in order to make these projects viable are not affordable for most people.

Cadillac Tower, not owned by Bedrock when they announced this project but acquired since, would be the logical place to start if/when this finally happens.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Cadillac Tower, not owned by Bedrock when they announced this project but acquired since, would be the logical place to start if/when this finally happens.
    Yes, the Cadillac Tower has lower ceiling heights as well... well suited for residential use.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast