Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
Pure speculation on my part, but I feel like there may be a slight redesign coming for Monroe Blocks much like we have seen with the Hudson's site. Periodically I check in on the architect's website, which tends to have the latest renderings of the project. The two attached images were among the most recent added months ago. They have since been removed.

Is the project expanding in scope or shrinking? I have a feeling they are going to be decreasing the size of the towers given the increased investment in Hudson's. I hope I am wrong though.
Good observations. If I remember correctly, the tower on the corner of Monroe and Randolph was part of "Phase 2" anyway, so I think that project may be a few years off. If anything, it may get delayed a bit further rather than just constructed shorter.

As for the Monroe block tower overlooking Campus Martius, I think that was proposed as all commercial use. And while the block portion of the Hudson development [[the portion with commercial use) was increased slightly, the tower height increase had to do with the addition of the second hotel in the tower, not additional commercial space. And aside from the hotel [[if that is considered commercial), there isn't commercial uses programmed for the Hudson tower other than possibly ground floor retail.