Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Then Bedrock announced that they were going to build office space on the Monroe Block but they had no tenant. So, yes it's prime office space land, but there doesn't seem to be any takers. How long should Bedrock hold out?
    Where are you getting this information from?

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    That's a fair point, and I am just speculating out loud, but I predict we'll be more sensitive to illnesses in general in the future. There was data even before COVID showing these packed offices did lead to easier spread of germs. I don't think we'll come out of this and just go back to how life was in 2019, and my guess is it could have an impact on how offices are designed.
    I can see that. Maybe going back to individual cubicles but with clear partitions so people aren't so claustrophobic, along with fewer people per floor and certainly better ventilation systems will be the compromise. Heaven forbid, maybe even the odd window that opens.

There may be a future opportunity for 1,000 students or so from the Apple Academy to relocate to Monroe Blocks. It may be tricky to reconfigure office spaces as classroom spaces though.

This is from MSU website:
    Where will the Academy Lab be located?

MSU is exploring space for the academy in Detroit and working with partners like Rock Ventures to identify the best location. Planners hope to have one secured by the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    There may be a future opportunity for 1,000 students or so from the Apple Academy to relocate to Monroe Blocks. It may be tricky to reconfigure office spaces as classroom spaces though.

MSU is exploring space for the academy in Detroit and working with partners like Rock Ventures to identify the best location. Planners hope to have one secured by the summer.
    Apple will be looking to get some space for next to nothing, all they need is a couple of empty floors, which will be a charitable tax write-off for both them and Rock. I doubt Apple Academy will even exist if and when Monroe is completed. Gotta love your optimism though.

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Somebody doesn't understand how tax incentives work.

All the incentives do is help the developer with the future tax increases caused by building a new building. If you don't build the building there are no tax increases.

Nobody gets a big check from the government when they start building. They just get a credit on their future tax bills when the project is done. So there's nothing to claw back if the building isn't built.
    Quick acting like you know the fine print on these backdoor deals. Sam Riddle this morning called out this Monroe Block development and the public dollars wedded to it. How many more times are we going to be played for suckers with these same ole bait and switch tactics. Enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    Quick acting like you know the fine print on these backdoor deals. Sam Riddle this morning called out this Monroe Block development and the public dollars wedded to it. How many more times are we going to be played for suckers with these same ole bait and switch tactics. Enough is enough.
    HA!! Apparently Ndavies knows more about how tax incentives work than you do... maybe if you read more of the older or archived posts... and spend less time being a Debbie Downer on this forum, you might get up to speed...

Oh, and is this Sam Riddle you are talking about the same Sam Riddle that used to be a consultant for nut-case Monica Conyers? And the same Sam Riddle that is a Felon who spent 37 months in Jail circa 2010 for bribery? Maybe you should find better sources to quote.

Using Sam Riddle as a reputable person to quote. Please leave, @motorcity.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMichigan View Post
    Using Sam Riddle as a reputable person to quote. Please leave, @motorcity.
    Hey let’s give Sam a break here. He hasn’t shot at any of his girlfriends or been using cocaine in city owned vehicles lately...at least that we know about. Gotta be worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post

I didn't know that juicy tidbit, thanks.

They would need space a lot sooner than whenever Monroe Block gets built, but this sounds lucrative for Bedrock.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWylie View Post
    Where are you getting this information from?
    So can you tell me who Bedrock has lined up for the office space at the Hudson's site? Also, have they confirmed the hotel operator for the site?

Sam Riddle is a f#$king joke. Period

Sam and Bankole are not "jokes" they are astute thought leaders for Black Detroit and have their own two-hour morning shows on 910AM Superstation. I don't agree with everything they say but more often than not they are spot on.

Sam and Bankole are not "jokes" they are astute thought leaders for Black Detroit and have their own two-hour morning shows on 910AM Superstation. I don't agree with everything they say but more often than not they are spot on.
    Sam Riddle blamed racism on that little boy who drowned in sewage water after falling through the floor if the house that he was living in while the mother was away getting her hair done. Sammie didnt blame the owner of that dilapidated house that the family was living in. He's a race hustler pimp through and through

Sam said tofu was racist. Thank you for solidifying your incompetence.

BTW you make black people sound like morons by associating them and Sam. Good job, bucko

"Astute"??? LMAO.......

Sam is a crook and Bankole is a joke. I used to read Bankole's garbage journalism in the Michigan Chronicle... and if you think he is astute, then that says volumes over your own credibility on this Forum.

The Michigan Chronicle paper used to absolutely show nothing but contempt for Mayor Archer and his family, while extolling the virtues of Mayor Kilpatrick. Bankole was partly responsible for the "Archer's not black enough" mantra of that rag.

Looks like they’ve been resurfacing the parking lot where the drive in theater was earlier this year. I’m guessing this isn’t going to happen any time soon, especially now with the effect that covid has had on the office market.

The whole lot? I saw some pics on insta and it seemed they were just redoing the entrance?
    Last edited by Satiricalivory; April-27-21 at 06:59 PM.

Yeah it looks like they did the whole lot. Makes me wonder if they’re planning on making the drive in semi-permanent, it wouldn’t make much sense to repave it otherwise.

Looks like we're gonna have to wait a bit longer on this one then.

Blame COVID-19 on this project. If investors are not gaining some ground, that project for a new building on Monroe Block will not be off the ground. Gilbert still plenty of money in his fat juicy wallet. And the new Hudsonsite Block project is full swing. Gilbert will focus on the project and get investors to fill up that building. Then he can move on to other projects. He's taking it one step at a time. Once our world economy is back to full normalcy in by the mid 2020's. Regional development in Gilberttown Detroit will be on the map.

Be patient folks.

I heard the drive in is going away until fall. Not sure what is replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Blame COVID-19 on this project. If investors are not gaining some ground, that project for a new building on Monroe Block will not be off the ground. Gilbert still plenty of money in his fat juicy wallet. And the new Hudsonsite Block project is full swing. Gilbert will focus on the project and get investors to fill up that building. Then he can move on to other projects. He's taking it one step at a time. Once our world economy is back to full normalcy in by the mid 2020's. Regional development in Gilberttown Detroit will be on the map.

Be patient folks.
    Yeah, I like this take. Detroit is lucky to have DG.
    Anxious to see what happens at the Joe louis site. Looks like the Mid may have met its demise. Maybe I'm wrong? Haven't heard boo about that one for a while. Hudson's is really gonna change the skyline. At least we have that to look forward to. TCF's HQ is really trucking along. Lots to be positive about. Oh, and Ford is making good headway at MCS

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Yeah, I like this take. Detroit is lucky to have DG.
    Anxious to see what happens at the Joe louis site. Looks like the Mid may have met its demise. Maybe I'm wrong? Haven't heard boo about that one for a while. Hudson's is really gonna change the skyline. At least we have that to look forward to. TCF's HQ is really trucking along. Lots to be positive about. Oh, and Ford is making good headway at MCS
    NY mayor announced a full re-opening of the city-offices, Broadway shows, etc. for July 1. We should have a much better idea in about 6 months if everyone will return to offices and hotels, restaurants, etc. will be back to normal.

The drive in is going away for summer, there will be a replacement for it in terms of programing that area, what it is only those at Bedrock know. No further details have been shared yet.

They DID mention the Drive in is planned to come back in the fall, meaning best development start would be summer 2022.

By that time Book tower should be wrapping up, Hudsons will have a good amount built above ground, and City Modern will be finished. By that time Bedrock will be itching to get more construction underway I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Blame COVID-19 on this project.
    You can blame the UM project on Gratiot because they completely shifted their priority to that when they started partnering with Related.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast