Mr. Trump: What do you have to lose?

Residents: What do you have to offer?

Mr. Trump: It will be awesome.

See? Problem solved.

I hope that answers your question.
    Or, better yet:

Mr. Trump: What do you have to lose?

Residents: What do you have to offer?

Mr. Trump: Trust me. I will make American inner cities great again using this [[self pointing to his great brain).
    Last edited by davewindsor; November-09-16 at 06:32 PM.

Trump claimed the booming inner cities were "hellholes" and "disasters", claimed crime was at all-time highs [[when crime is half what it was 20 years ago), but, more often than not, just used the term "inner city" as a metaphor for "places where those dysfunctional black people live".

Trump has no plan for the inner cities. He just uses the term to communicate racism to old rednecks who imagine inner cities of today in 1970's terms.

Trump has made vague promises to just about everyone. Everything will be 'awesome'.

This seems not much different than the promises made each and every election for every office. Everyone thinks they have the solution, and that it'll be wine and roses for us.

Trump has a lot on his plate -- to put it mildly. But his comments to Black Urbanites that they don't have much to lose ring in my ear. It may be time to try something different.

I hope Trump keeps urban revitalization on his agenda. What might that be? I've no idea. And he probably doesn't either.

But I think he knows that he was elected in part because it is time for some new thinking in our country. I hope he engages. And I hope that the usual suspects don't fight each and every proposal because it gores their ox.

Its a new game. Someone very unlikely just might bring some fresh ideas to urban revitalization and the plight of urban residents.

Let's not miss quote him. The correct quote was "greaaat"

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    I thought it was "Heugge!"

A am not looking forward to his idiotic immigration policy and protectionist ideas on trade.

I am looking forward to renegotiating NATO so we aren't subsidizing the defense budgets of Europe / funneling money to defense contractors. Also normalizing relations with Russia would be nice. Hilary's idea of going to war with Russia over Syria was, by far, the dumbest position of the campaign. Trump's wall is pretty dumb, but at least it doesn't involve bombing the crap out of a country we should have nothing to do with.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Let's not forget, " It's a disaster"
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; November-11-16 at 03:46 AM.