Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

View Poll Results: How many trick-or-treaters did you get this year?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 10

12 30.77%
  • 10-20

4 10.26%
  • 20-30

2 5.13%
  • 30-50

5 12.82%
  • 50-75

4 10.26%
  • More than 75

12 30.77%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how few people on this forum actually live in the city of Detroit. [[4 out of 22 respondents, discounting the DetroitSoldier, THANK YOU for your service). Detroit needs less cheerleaders, and more residents.

Anyway, I had 2 in Warrendale.
    "Detroit needs less cheerleaders" opposed to what? Haters? Apathy? I can't even fathom this mindset because I have lived in the metro area 3/4 of my adult life and have witnessed how the hate and apathy from surrounding, out state and even out of state communities contributed to sending the city into a spiral of failure with disastrous results for the humanity that resides within its borders.

All Detroit residents deserve every ounce of pride they have in the city for many powerful reasons but the attitude of "to hell with them their not one of us" is guaranteed to make the city an island of poverty for a very long time.

"Cheerleaders" as you call them care. People that care about other human beings is the only thing that makes a civilized society. Without it there is only war and death. The history of mankind proves this fact.
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; November-04-16 at 06:21 PM.

Ran out on Iroquois in Indian Village at 7:30pm. One piece of candy per person. 900 pieces handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how few people on this forum actually live in the city of Detroit. [[4 out of 22 respondents, discounting the DetroitSoldier, THANK YOU for your service). Detroit needs less cheerleaders, and more residents.

Anyway, I had 2 in Warrendale.
    I think you must live in a dead-end cul-de-sac microneighborhood.
    I live in Warrendale also and my usual number is about 50 - it is a
    straight street near Warren. I called it a night at 8 pm after 40
    trick or treaters. The first groups are the little ones on foot, the
    later ones arrive in groups in cars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2