Regarding the transportation issue on the ballot and the lack of skilled trade schools:
I attended Wilbur Wright Trade School in the 60's. At the time it was the best automotive training school in the country! The big three donated so much equipment to these schools. I have posted many threads about the lack of training available to Detroit kids now days.
In order to get to Wilbur Wright from my home on Canfield and Springle, I had to take two busses. I took the Gratiot bus to the end of the line on Farmer behind Hudsons and walked over to State and Griswold to catch the Grand River bus to 12th street.

To me these are very important issues that need to be addressed. I never received a college education but I made very good money. There are so many unfilled jobs for the skilled trades. Electricians, Carpenters, Tool and Die, etc. etc.
You would think that the Gilberts, Penske's, and Illitches would come on board and fund some of these schools. It would be in their own best interest.
So many people depend on public transportation to get to school and work. Hope the issue passes. They need more than a ride down Woodward to the arena district.