Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by subsidized View Post
    I hope Cleveland gets swept.. I also hope this post gets deleted.
    Second that! Go Cubs!!!

Can't stand the Blue Jays, can't stand the Indians. I hate Toronto a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Can't stand the Blue Jays, can't stand the Indians. I hate Toronto a little more.
    Geez, I had no idea the anti-Cleveland sentiment was so strong around here but I agree with the above quote. If you lived where I do, you watch Rogers showing the friggin Bautista bat flip on all of their tv stations over and over for a year. Then you listen to Bautista whine about the umps every time they lose. I hate the Indians as well but I always put that aside and root for the division my team is from once they are out of the playoffs. Yes, even if that means cheering for Ohio State against a team like Alabama just so the Big 10 wins. Again, the mistake by the lake sucks, but I'd trade Castellanos, Iglesias, and even Kinsler, tomorrow for Lindor.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Geez, I had no idea the anti-Cleveland sentiment was so strong around here but I agree with the above quote. If you lived where I do, you watch Rogers showing the friggin Bautista bat flip on all of their tv stations over and over for a year. Then you listen to Bautista whine about the umps every time they lose. I hate the Indians as well but I always put that aside and root for the division my team is from once they are out of the playoffs. Yes, even if that means cheering for Ohio State against a team like Alabama just so the Big 10 wins. Again, the mistake by the lake sucks, but I'd trade Castellanos, Iglesias, and even Kinsler, tomorrow for Lindor.
    I never understood the mentality to "root" for other teams in your teams division. In college, sure if other teams from the conference win it can make the perception of the conference stronger as a whole, which could ultimately play a role in rankings of voting in the future.

In the professional sports it doesn't matter how other teams in the division or conference, only your own. There is no voting to get into the play offs or ranking system. So, I hope Cleveland gets swept, I never like to see other teams in the division succeed, and I wish the cubs were out of it too so they could continue their championship drought!

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    I can't think of single person from Detroit who's following the playoffs that has any desire for Cleveland to win. It's bad enough those assholes took the NBA title this year. If it weren't the Cubs I sure as hell wouldn't want a Chicago team to win, the rest their teams can **** off. I will certainly be cheering the NL team.