I would really love opinions from real Detroiters on the below - the stronger the better!

I am the author of a book City of a Million Dots.The geography of the book is based on Detroit. It all started after I saw the film Requiem for Detroit by Julien Temple
- what do you guys think of this film? Relevant, exploitative??

What struck me was the perceived death of an old empire and the rise of a new - the epic train station - the hub of a city lying in ruins - I took all of this to the extreme in my book - I don't mention Detroit in name but refer to it as The City - I used Detroit street maps to some extend, but took licence - I used a lot of building and street photos in order to evoke something of a beast that lies beneath the city. The genre of the book is Social Surrealism. The psycho-geography of Detroit is essential to the book as is street art.

I would love to give books to people from Detroit - Book Clubs etc. I am Irish but based in the UK so it is a little difficult but the temptation to send the book home might override all costs - of course there is Kindle which I can gift to anyone that is interested.

Amazon link is here. Reviews are good so far...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/City-Millio...a+million+dots

"If poor people are the blood of the city, then the Diner is the liver, and in the cold metallic corridor of Crow Street, the humming Diner sign said, come in and I will spit you out a better person.
Victor pushed the door and entered."