Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

It's just a matter of time before one of these guys gets killed. Two years ago they were testing liners in the hats but apparently the pitchers complained they were too heavy. Fewer pitchers than ever are in a position to even get a glove up let alone field a comebacker. Pitchers are throwing harder and hitters are bigger and stronger. It's all a recipe for disaster.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/news/art...picId=27118376

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    It's just a matter of time before one of these guys gets killed. Two years ago they were testing liners in the hats but apparently the pitchers complained they were too heavy. Fewer pitchers than ever are in a position to even get a glove up let alone field a comebacker. Pitchers are throwing harder and hitters are bigger and stronger. It's all a recipe for disaster.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/news/art...picId=27118376

Batted balls [[back through the middle) are like hurricanes. You dodge them or they miss you until they don't.

Then...

I can't believe a helmet of sorts can be developed. After all hockey players learned how to wear helmets and it didn't kill them. And within baseball, catchers and home plate umps have learned how to wear protective gear [[remember the ump last week who took one to the upper chest).

Likewise, I don't think football uniforms are much advanced [[actually worse) than say 50 years ago.

Other than better face masks and knee guards for linemen, I don't football pants, shoulder pads, etc. are any better today.

The real problem is when hitters or umpires are deliberately thrown at, which the Tigers are most guilty of.....just ask the Yankees.

Attachment 34213

Brad Ausmus is gone after this season.

The problem with Ausmus's pink slip today is.....it's 4-years too late!!!!!

Hiring a MLB coach with NO experience & then watch the franchise tank each year....why not sign baseball players with no experience & see how that works out?

Maybe Gilbert, Cuban, or Gores will stop the incompetence......next.

As far as this roster goes as of now, maybe Ausmus should consider himself lucky to be out of here. This total rebuild is going to be painful and it is going to take a while.
    Last edited by softailrider; September-23-17 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    As far as this roster goes as of now, maybe Ausmus should consider himself lucky to be out of here. This total rebuild is going to be painful and it is going to take a while.
    Yesterday was brutal. Wilson takes his daughter to emergency for a broken collarbone then comes to the game and breaks his leg. The pen then does its usual and gives up 9 runs. Jimenez looks like Rondon 2.0. His control is non-existent. Why they think VerHagen can pitch when he has never demonstrated it, even in the minors, is baffling. The team bullpen era is now 5.6!! Last but not least, Candelario has made 5 errors in 3 weeks. His throwing accuracy is starting to make Castellanos look good.

So Cabrera has herniated disks. First of all, I don't understand why if this was diagnosed with an MRI and is chronic, meaning he's had it for a long time and it's been gradually getting worse, why wasn't it diagnosed sooner? Secondly, if the course of treatment - manipulation therapy, shots, core strengthening, rest, etc. - is going to help, doesn't it stand to reason starting immediately would make sense. It's not like we're in a race, except for the 1st overall pick. This guy has a lot of years and dollars left. If I was Ilitch, Avila would have a lot of explaining to do.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...ack/105969704/

Yesterday was brutal. Wilson takes his daughter to emergency for a broken collarbone then comes to the game and breaks his leg. The pen then does its usual and gives up 9 runs. Jimenez looks like Rondon 2.0. His control is non-existent. Why they think VerHagen can pitch when he has never demonstrated it, even in the minors, is baffling. The team bullpen era is now 5.6!! Last but not least, Candelario has made 5 errors in 3 weeks. His throwing accuracy is starting to make Castellanos look good.
    Don, are you saying the 2018 Tigers could have a handful of players who are really DHs? V-Mart, Miggy, Candelario, Castellanos, etc.???

And yes injuries and health are getting to be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Don, are you saying the 2018 Tigers could have a handful of players who are really DHs? V-Mart, Miggy, Candelario, Castellanos, etc.???

And yes injuries and health are getting to be absurd.
    Not a chance VMart is back. According to the articles on the weekend he's a cancer in the clubhouse on top of not being able to hit or run. I tried searching to find out if Cabrera's absurd contract is insured but couldn't find anything.

Not a chance VMart is back. According to the articles on the weekend he's a cancer in the clubhouse on top of not being able to hit or run. I tried searching to find out if Cabrera's absurd contract is insured but couldn't find anything.
    Below is the scoop on Cabrera's contract, unsure if insured, but it's guaranteed [[all $248M):

8 years/$248M [[2016-23), plus 2024-25 options. Signed extension with Detroit 3/28/14. 16-17:$28M annually. 18-21:$30M annually. 22-23:$32M annually. 24:$30M club option, $8M buyout. 25:$30M club option. 2024-25 options guaranteed with top 10 finish in MVP vote in previous season. Full no-trade protection. At signing, highest average annual value in baseball history.

Anibal Sanchez finally gives us a loss to cheer about, providing the Tigers the worst record in baseball and the no. 1 overall pick. Unfortunately there isn't a consensus no. 1. this year. Anyway, so long Anibal. Hopefully the door hits your ass hard on the way out.

I am sure the Tigers set some kind of "record" for the Highest Payroll [[$224M) & the Highest Losses [[.395), coming in at last in the AL [[2nd time in 3-yrs) & tied for dead-last for the very worst record in baseball.

And Ausmus believed he would keep his job, really, how did that work out???

Time to flush....can we finally say goodbye to comfort/collecting paycheck Hernandez, Iglesias, Kinsler & start some serious shopping of Cabrera?

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    I am sure the Tigers set some kind of "record" for the Highest Payroll [[$224M) & the Highest Losses [[.395), coming in at last in the AL [[2nd time in 3-yrs) & tied for dead-last for the very worst record in baseball.

And Ausmus believed he would keep his job, really, how did that work out???

Time to flush....can we finally say goodbye to comfort/collecting paycheck Hernandez, Iglesias, Kinsler & start some serious shopping of Cabrera?
    I'm sure Avila is already on the phone seeing what prospects he can get for an aging DH with slipped discs and 250 million left on his contract. I don't know why they kept Kinsler when someone claimed him on waivers unless they plan to keep him. Why would someone pay an 11 million salary for a 35 yr old .235 hitter and give up something in return? Who is Hernandez anyway?

I'm sure Avila is already on the phone seeing what prospects he can get for an aging DH with slipped discs and 250 million left on his contract. I don't know why they kept Kinsler when someone claimed him on waivers unless they plan to keep him. Why would someone pay an 11 million salary for a 35 yr old .235 hitter and give up something in return? Who is Hernandez anyway?
    Maybe he means Zimmermann. What a waste of money spent on this guy. He looks nothing like the pitcher he was with the Nats.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9