Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Countdown to the election

So. The election is getting near, and to my dismay and many others, there are people supporting the two main parties candidates. I am in no way an Obama supporter, but I'd vote him in for a third term instead of having either Clinton or Trump in there. They are both psychotic fools.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    So. The election is getting near, and to my dismay and many others, there are people supporting the two main parties candidates. I am in no way an Obama supporter, but I'd vote him in for a third term instead of having either Clinton or Trump in there. They are both psychotic fools.
    Agreed and I'd give him a 3rd term before the other 2 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Agreed and I'd give him a 3rd term before the other 2 as well.
    Covering for Hillary's crimes and more endless drone wars? No thanks. He wore out his welcome with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Covering for Hillary's crimes and more endless drone wars? No thanks. He wore out his welcome with me.
    Is Trump therefore a superior choice versus Clinton ?

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    One blurts out their first thought and speaks their mind much like a small child, one hides behind a black cloak of sugar-coated deceit. The choice is yours.

One blurts out their first thought and speaks their mind much like a small child, one hides behind a black cloak of sugar-coated deceit. The choice is yours.

"blurts out their first thought and speaks their mind much like a small child"
    - govern thyself before asking to govern others
    - promises to tone this down have not materialized.

"hides behind a black cloak of sugar-coated deceit"
    - applies to DT, in real-time.

Withstanding the 'alleged' corruption of the Clinton's, I think it's curtains for Trump in the court of public opinion, and ultimately the vote.

The latest revelations of him talking trash re. beauty contestants etc. may be his final undoing. It's one thing the be a corrupt politician, but Trumps proving that he's not fit to become a politician, as the rules are set. He's toast.

There was a certain support level for Trump the outsider, warts and all, at a formidable percent consistently. That spoke to his response to that popularity, but I never felt he was fully an outsider. Yet he was 'outside' just enough to have little accommodation for his past behaviors and the back-lash of current social media.

Unlike the Clinton's who are highly skilled veteran politicians, Trump entering stage right from the business elite culture where he is king brought current and former un-vetted, extra-zipper expanding style baggage -- not damage-controlled. With more rolling off the conveyor!

Per his background Trump's said things he never, EVER considered innappropriate, or even to tamp-down as a smart politician would have. He responds poorly, including tweets in the middle of the night [[not considering how the timing alone of that looked), etc. He understands little of the subtlety of political power, deceit and response therein.

Thus, setting aside his political views, a ready mandate has grown to have him choke on even his previous comments, and explain and re-explain his behaviors in responding to the comments: waiting for him to pop-off further in explaining them [[at the debates and elsewhere).

His personality and pose making it all the worse onward. I just hope he does not roll off the spool completely. Not because I was ever voting for him, but because Trumps conveniently been cast as this odious template ala evil incarnate of the conservative politic and world view, total. Making bipartisan agreement less viable where it can be.

Anyway, Trump's past is kicking his butt square now, deluxe! May cost him the election. Welcome Mrs. Clinton.

Had Donald Trump considered years back he'd run for president, he may have bridled his tongue and behavior? But he'll be fine whatever the outcome resuming his position in - albeit a bit off kilter for a bit - the royal enclosure of the power elite who have political access and privileged whoever chosen.

We're the ones taken for a biggest busted roller-coaster ride in this, eh' presentation of 'choice', with these candidates shoved upon us.

Last edited by Zacha341; October-09-16 at 09:12 AM.

No. I'm either writing in Bernie or going with the Green party.

I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who refuses to show his or her income tax records.
    Last edited by Bobl; September-26-16 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who refuses to show his or her income tax records.
    I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who lies about how many devices she uses.

I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who lies about how many devices she uses.
    Lotsalaffta.

Watching "House of Cards" every night for weeks on Netflix, immersed in a world of political Intrigue that does not seem so far fetched when I compare the goings on of the actual Presidential campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Watching "House of Cards" every night for weeks on Netflix, immersed in a world of political Intrigue that does not seem so far fetched when I compare the goings on of the actual Presidential campaign.
    If you haven't already done so and you run out of House of Cards episodes, try 'Borgen' also available on Netflix.

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/04/271525...ut-even-better

sample - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKJ3H99dLQ

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    If you haven't already done so and you run out of House of Cards episodes, try 'Borgen' also available on Netflix.

http://www.npr.org/2014/02/04/271525...ut-even-better

sample - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKJ3H99dLQ
    Many thanks! I shall indulge. Only thing missing is the constant barrage of commercials. It's hard to get used to.

I hear that. The never ending tennis ball, back as forth as to who's worse seems unending. But even for those in the Clinton camp, there have to be reservations. Note the overwhelming number of Clinton lawn signs /bumper stickers compared to 'Obama 08' campaign... uh like not as much. Clinton is only barely considered against the idea of Trump in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hear that. The never ending tennis ball, back as forth as to who's worse seems unending. But even for those in the Clinton camp, there have to be reservations. Note the overwhelming number of Clinton lawn signs /bumper stickers compared to 'Obama 08' campaign... uh like not as much. Clinton is only barely considered against the idea of Trump in office.
    That's because there's a limited number of camp grounds..... But seriously folks, NPR does in depth interviews with the younger generation about the upcoming election. Even today's young ladies have strong reservations about voting for Mrs. Clinton. I think the only thing saving her is that Trump is such an ass.

Hah-precisely! From the the very pandering to, and failure to fully grasp the feminist vote [[and women in general) Ms. Clinton suffers! Many women can read another woman's BS and conceit from a mile away......!

...Even today's young ladies have strong reservations about voting for Mrs. Clinton...

For certain Trump effectively wicks away a great deal of focus re. the negative aspects Ms. Clinton with his presence, and cadre of deplorables to boot!

I think the only thing saving her is that Trump is such an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hear that. The never ending tennis ball, back as forth as to who's worse seems unending.
    I love it. I sat back with a big tub of popcorn and watched the debate. It was awesome.

Yes, I have the same fears most people have about the direction of the country. However, people in general are so grossly incapable of facing the problems we have in this world that I've resigned myself to the fact that we are going to get hosed no matter what.

It is funny though to see people do something then accuse someone else of doing the EXACT same thing. Hillary's camp says Trump is a liar. Trump's camp says no, Hillary is a liar. Neither side cognizant of the fact that THEY BOTH LIE. One side thinks their candidate is wholesome, the other side thinks, no it's their candidate that's wholesome.

It is entertaining. It's like watching kids fight. However, as I get older I'm thinking children don't fight out of immaturity, maybe it's just human nature. As people get older they fight just as much, they just use different weapons. Ah, the beauty of human nature.

I can't wait for the veep debate and the next two debates. The endless spinning that both sides do is dizzying. They really seem to believe their nonsense.

Whoever wins is going to be a sitting duck in 2020. Especially if it's Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    DTs [[legal) tax avoidance and [[provocative) non-disclosure are, according to his acolytes, his genius.

DTs [[legal) tax avoidance and [[provocative) non-disclosure are, according to his acolytes, his genius.
    Either Trump used legal loopholes, the same one Hillary used on her own tax forms, or one or both of them should be in jail for violating IRS rules. To choose not to use existing legal tax loopholes would be to donate money to the government. It would be more logical for Democrats to argue about the existence of tax loopholes than to criticize individuals who use them since Democrats had a role in writing those loopholes which they also use.

Harping on Trump to voluntarily show his taxes before any IRS audit is completed is fair game though. It would provide for nebulous discussion possibilities sort of like how good a half baked meal will taste. How many years did it take for Obama to produce a better copy of his birth certificate? I didn't see the point of dragging his feet on disclosing that form. Maybe Trump should be allowed the same timeframe to produce his tax form.
    Last edited by oladub; October-05-16 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Either Trump used legal loopholes, the same one Hillary used on her own tax forms, or one or both of them should be in jail for violating IRS rules. To choose not to use existing legal tax loopholes would be to donate money to the government. It would be more logical for Democrats to argue about the existence of tax loopholes than to criticize individuals who use them since Democrats had a role in writing those loopholes which they also use.

Harping on Trump to voluntarily show his taxes before any IRS audit is completed is fair game though. It would provide for nebulous discussion possibilities sort of like how good a half baked meal will taste. How many years did it take for Obama to produce a better copy of his birth certificate? I didn't see the point of dragging his feet on disclosing that form. Maybe Trump should be allowed the same timeframe to produce his tax form.
    What is the value of Trump not providing the returns?

What is the value of Trump not providing the returns?
    I already pretty well covered that. However, if Obama's politicized IRS had the ability to tie hundreds of conservative groups up before the 2012 election, that same IRS could probably have fast tracked Trump's returns to force him to exercise his promise to provide his returns once the audit was complete.

Meanwhile, Hillary hid 33,000 emails on her illegal computer server, smashed hard drives to destroy records, and lied to Congress without consequence.

TODAY'S WORDS OF ELECTORAL WISDOM FROM HILLARY:“I do not think we should have pushed for an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake,” said Sen. Clinton. “And if we were going to push for an election, then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was going to win.”
    Last edited by oladub; October-29-16 at 05:25 PM.

God help us all.

Watched the "debate". He was doing well the first 15 minutes, then lost control. I have seen coke heads who talked too fast, interrupted, drank glasses of water, and repeatedly sniffled like that. Did not expect that behavior at a televised debate.
    Last edited by Bobl; September-27-16 at 08:43 AM.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast