Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by G-DDT View Post
    Yet, the facts she cited based on comments he made about women were documented as true.https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-and-fat-pigs/ [[not that I should care what he has to say about Rosie, but the other incidents are really flipped out bad)andhttp://correctrecord.org/fact-check-...fferent-story/ and http://www.npr.org/2016/09/30/496050...rse-contestant.

Trump had a way all throughout of interrupting folks [[especially when someone brought up contradicting solid evidence that went exactly against something he just said-he would interrupt them in the first sentence.-Poor diplomacy there. Poor temperament to say the least.) , making gross superlative usage of words [[words like "only", "absolutely", "most", "least", or anything ending in "-est"), then makes a blanket statement with no facts to support it. This is a man who never feels he needs to apologize for anything. I learned in life never to trust anyone who cannot admit when they are wrong.

The press said he was a trainwreck after 15 minutes [[which if it keeps up, will be a term re-dubbed "Trumpwreck"). Oh, but yeah, that is the "liberal media"-the one that caught Joel Olsteen's wife acting up and being racist on a plane with an airline steward and talked about it for a week, blacked it out for a year, and then resumed it with a complete spin about the steward "being difficult" [[something not lost on me or anyone else paying attention like Barbara Enrenreich in "This Land Is Their Land")-buuut, by comparison, the same media that catches Alec Baldwin acting like a nervy pr*ck about a phone on a plane and they run with it for two months straight. Yeah, not very "liberal". Maybe from a decadent, hedonist Sundance or wealthy, crapulent-wallowing Milo Yiannopoulos socially permissive perspective, but far from politically liberal.

By the way, I'm terribly shocked at how I've seen four Clinton signs just in my area of Dearborn [[where I would've seen an overload of McCain or Romney signs in times past) versus just one for Trump [[not counting the guy with the provocative "execute all Democrats" sandwich boards on his front lawn at Outer Dr. and Alice-don't bother Google-mapping-for someone who like attention, he has had his house fuzzed out.). Maybe politics is shifted to the right. Some famous Republicans are even opposed to Trump.http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-sheet/481449/

What's funny is it isn't even a case of "the devil you know vs.....". We both know how messed up they are [[folks on Reddit are getting goofy over an old Mad Magazine parody that depicted both of them as Pokemon). I can't make too many excuses for Hiliary, but Trump, to me isn't even an option. [[yet, folks online will accuse something popular like Reddit-I mention again-as being "too liberal", where an out-of-touch Time article from August http://time.com/4457110/internet-trolls/paints Reddit out to be a "Neocon" hive for trolls. All I can say is: get on Reddit. Look up "Trump"-see the sub-Reddits dedicated to Trump. Look up "Sanders"-look at the sub-Reddits dedicated to Bernie. Look up Hiliary-no sub-Reddits for Hiliary.)

Disgruntled Bernie supporters got to get over themselves and realize what is at stake. He himself, would urge you to take Clinton over Trump by his own words in this video .
    All I can say is the 90's were great to me. I had better luck with jobs. With Bush, it was perpetual paralyzing nightmare. With Obama, a slight improvement.

Don't forget Bill's bank deregulations, coupled with his NAFTA signing, and law passing, incacerating thousands of African Americans over bullshit. Yes, those were good times for affluent whites. The fallout, well, not so much. But no worries, Mrs. Clinton will make it all better. She's for the TPP, no wait, she's against the TPP, sorry, I forget where she is this week and which device she's using.

As a die hard independent, I have no choice in this election, even Libertarian. I will vote, but I'm looking for an out there candidate from the near space quadrant. Say maybe the dog star.

Better than the choice we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    As a die hard independent, I have no choice in this election, even Libertarian. I will vote, but I'm looking for an out there candidate from the near space quadrant. Say maybe the dog star.

Amen......

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post

. Might I recommend Vermin Supreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    I will never vote for any candidate from any political party who refuses to show his or her income tax records.
    DTs [[legal) tax avoidance and [[provocative) non-disclosure are, according to his acolytes, his genius.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    DTs [[legal) tax avoidance and [[provocative) non-disclosure are, according to his acolytes, his genius.
    Either Trump used legal loopholes, the same one Hillary used on her own tax forms, or one or both of them should be in jail for violating IRS rules. To choose not to use existing legal tax loopholes would be to donate money to the government. It would be more logical for Democrats to argue about the existence of tax loopholes than to criticize individuals who use them since Democrats had a role in writing those loopholes which they also use.

Harping on Trump to voluntarily show his taxes before any IRS audit is completed is fair game though. It would provide for nebulous discussion possibilities sort of like how good a half baked meal will taste. How many years did it take for Obama to produce a better copy of his birth certificate? I didn't see the point of dragging his feet on disclosing that form. Maybe Trump should be allowed the same timeframe to produce his tax form.
    Last edited by oladub; October-05-16 at 07:46 PM.

Received my absentee ballot today. Just sat there looking at the choices. Has it really come to this ? In the end I left the presidential part blank. My distaste for all overwhelmed my desire to mark the ballot. I know some will be critical of my decision but I vote with my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Received my absentee ballot today. Just sat there looking at the choices. Has it really come to this ? In the end I left the presidential part blank. My distaste for all overwhelmed my desire to mark the ballot. I know some will be critical of my decision but I vote with my heart.
    I empathize. But I will vote with my brain. As much as my heart wishes there were a candidate I supported more fully, it's clear to me that the election of one of the candidates would result in, for the most part, policies I can generally support, whereas the election of the other would be a shameful nightmare whose outcome we can't yet imagine. I'm sure the latter appeals to a few who have given up and just want to flip the table. But I'm not one of them. I'll take solace that even if I don't fully support the candidate I vote for, the least worst option is much better than the worst. Especially this time around. My vote will count.
    Last edited by bust; October-06-16 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I empathize. But I will vote with my brain. As much as my heart wishes there were a candidate I supported more fully, it's clear to me that the election of one of the candidates would result in, for the most part, policies I can generally support, whereas the election of the other would be a shameful nightmare whose outcome we can't yet imagine. I'm sure the latter appeals to a few who have given up and just want to flip the table. But I'm not one of them. I'll take solace that even if I don't fully support the candidate I vote for, the least worst option is much better than the worst. Especially this time around. My vote will count.
    "please sir may I have another"

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Covering for Hillary's crimes and more endless drone wars? No thanks. He wore out his welcome with me.
    Is Trump therefore a superior choice versus Clinton ?

One blurts out their first thought and speaks their mind much like a small child, one hides behind a black cloak of sugar-coated deceit. The choice is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "please sir may I have another"
    Good joke, if it wasn't on us.

One blurts out their first thought and speaks their mind much like a small child, one hides behind a black cloak of sugar-coated deceit. The choice is yours.

"blurts out their first thought and speaks their mind much like a small child"
    - govern thyself before asking to govern others
    - promises to tone this down have not materialized.

"hides behind a black cloak of sugar-coated deceit"
    - applies to DT, in real-time.

No. I'm either writing in Bernie or going with the Green party.

"blurts out their first thought and speaks their mind much like a small child"
    - govern thyself before asking to govern others
    - promises to tone this down have not materialized.

"hides behind a black cloak of sugar-coated deceit"
    - applies to DT, in real-time.
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  6.6 KB

Withstanding the 'alleged' corruption of the Clinton's, I think it's curtains for Trump in the court of public opinion, and ultimately the vote.

The latest revelations of him talking trash re. beauty contestants etc. may be his final undoing. It's one thing the be a corrupt politician, but Trumps proving that he's not fit to become a politician, as the rules are set. He's toast.

There was a certain support level for Trump the outsider, warts and all, at a formidable percent consistently. That spoke to his response to that popularity, but I never felt he was fully an outsider. Yet he was 'outside' just enough to have little accommodation for his past behaviors and the back-lash of current social media.

Unlike the Clinton's who are highly skilled veteran politicians, Trump entering stage right from the business elite culture where he is king brought current and former un-vetted, extra-zipper expanding style baggage -- not damage-controlled. With more rolling off the conveyor!

Per his background Trump's said things he never, EVER considered innappropriate, or even to tamp-down as a smart politician would have. He responds poorly, including tweets in the middle of the night [[not considering how the timing alone of that looked), etc. He understands little of the subtlety of political power, deceit and response therein.

Thus, setting aside his political views, a ready mandate has grown to have him choke on even his previous comments, and explain and re-explain his behaviors in responding to the comments: waiting for him to pop-off further in explaining them [[at the debates and elsewhere).

His personality and pose making it all the worse onward. I just hope he does not roll off the spool completely. Not because I was ever voting for him, but because Trumps conveniently been cast as this odious template ala evil incarnate of the conservative politic and world view, total. Making bipartisan agreement less viable where it can be.

Anyway, Trump's past is kicking his butt square now, deluxe! May cost him the election. Welcome Mrs. Clinton.

Had Donald Trump considered years back he'd run for president, he may have bridled his tongue and behavior? But he'll be fine whatever the outcome resuming his position in - albeit a bit off kilter for a bit - the royal enclosure of the power elite who have political access and privileged whoever chosen.

We're the ones taken for a biggest busted roller-coaster ride in this, eh' presentation of 'choice', with these candidates shoved upon us.

Last edited by Zacha341; October-09-16 at 09:12 AM.

Trump said something offensive 10 years ago and the media blows up with coverage of it.
    Meanwhile the latest Wikileaks on Clinton gets little coverage.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks

^^^ Yep. That IS the way of it. Donald Trump is for certain becoming the perfect candidate for Mrs. Clinton to beat!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-09-16 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ Yep. That's the way of it. He's becoming the perfect candidate for Mrs. Clinton to beat.
    I still don't think she can win without more election fraud. Where's her support? Bernie had at least half the Democrats plus many independents supporting him. These people are going Green or Libertarian or for Trump. Based on the number of Trump signs I've seen around, I don't think she is winning Michigan.

Yeah the un-yeilding, overwhelming 'visible' evidence of Clinton support [[lawn signs and bumper stickers) is lacking...... But what goes on in the voting booth beyond Michigan?

Including 'some' votes for Trump, even here, albeit wearing very dark shades to shield ones identity - LOL.

But yes, IMO Clinton will win as the mandate has become anyone-but-Trump -- and he's making that mandate increasingly both 'reasonable' and commanded!!!

It's even ok now to stack the decks against him. Petty and bombastic as he is, he'll fall for it anyway and deserves so is the politic of the day.

He's sorta DONE - especially as many republicans are now stepping away in light of the 2005 tapes. See link I posted above about that.

But then always expect the unexpected!!!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-09-16 at 09:04 AM.

Yeah the un-yeilding, overwhelming 'visible' evidence of Clinton support [[lawn signs and bumper stickers) is lacking...... But what goes on in the voting booth beyond Michigan?

Including 'some' votes for Trump, even here, albeit wearing very dark shades to shield ones identity - LOL.

But yes, she will win as IMO the mandate has become anyone-but-Trump -- and he's making that increasingly both 'reasonable' and commanded!!!

It's even ok now to stack the decks against him. Petty and bombastic as he is, he'll fall for it anyway and deserves to is the politic of the day.

He's sorta DONE - especially as many republicans are now stepping away in light of the 2005 tapes. See link I posted above about that.

But then always expect the unexpected!!!

Sorry Ladies but we must live in two different Detroits. In my neck of the woods, there must be a City mandate and stiff fine for not having a Mrs. Clinton sign stuck on your front lawn. Considering her husband just about single handedly destroyed this City's, [[and Nation's) economy, I can only imagine she must have promised neighborhood "activists" and religious leaders a bag of cash for their votes. Seeing how Mr. Trump is turning out to be an even bigger ass then expected, I'm afraid I'll have to follow Pam's lead.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-09-16 at 08:56 AM.

Oh-darn. I really must get out more HT -- I'm near Midtown and not many signs here. Alot of millennial's et al are really NOT feeling Hillary Clinton, though ideologically they cannot vote for that embodiment-of-conservative-evil: DT. Hah! What a mess!

On Conner near Warren Ave. by the new police precinct their lawn is peppered with Clinton sighs!

What's of course more rare are Trump signs. Like I said that must be a vote done donning dark shades or an absentee ballot! It's every republican for themselves!
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-09-16 at 09:04 AM.

Oh. I really must get out more HT -- I am near Midtown and not many signs here. Alot of Millennial's are not feeling Hillary Clinton, I think. Hah! On Conner near Warren Ave. by the new police precinct the lawn is peppered with Clinton sighs!

What's of course more rare are Trump signs. Like I said that will must be a vote done donning dark shades or an absentee ballot! It's every republican for themselves!

You seem to be more aware then the average bear. Such a nice day, perhaps a historic neighborhood tour East of you?

^^^ I hear that. Tonight's Debate is going to be wild!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast