The security guards walking around downtown really do absolutely nothing. I have seen them stand and watch fights happen multiple times downtown. It is pretty ridiculous for Gilbert and other developers to expect people to want to live downtown when this is still happening.

Today there was a fight between a man and a woman, right on Woodward in front of the Jazz liqueur store [[where most of these people hangout, every day). The man threw some construction material into the street and they got pushed up against someones car.

These things happening all the time downtown are very uncomfortable and just awkward for people. Obviously the panhandling cannot be eliminated, but needs to be moderated to a sensible level at least. You cannot walk down one street more than 3 blocks without people coming up to you. This is not an exaggeration.

So please, whoever works for these companies downtown and moderates these threads [[Bedrock), this is still a really serious and annoying concern for residents. Especially women, who really do not feel safe at all walking back to their apartments anytime after dark right downtown.

Whoever is wasting money on these 'security guards' [[who are all pretty much kids aged 20-25 on their cell phones walking in circles most of the day) need to watch some video clips and hold their employees to higher standard of 'security.' Or hire actual security, not just random people who wear security uniforms.

Honestly, this problem has gotten worse and is getting annoying. I don't want people following me every time I walk to my car and then cussing at me if I don't toss them a quarter.