Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Didn't we already go through this like year ago? At what point are we actually going to decide on a project and start moving on it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Didn't we already go through this like year ago? At what point are we actually going to decide on a project and start moving on it?
    I don't remember reading about specific ideas that MDOT had. But that's just me and maybe they did have specifics.

I would hope they take their time with this because it's an important project to reclaim urbanity between downtown and Lafayette Park.

Alternative 2 seems like the best approach.

It's like the 94 widening discussion - just do it and move on. We sit here and argue for 10 years while the entire infrastructure crumbles because no one at MDOT is mature enough to just make a decision and move forward.

Everyone will never agree with your decision - who cares. Your job isn't to be popular, it's to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    I don't remember reading about specific ideas that MDOT had. But that's just me and maybe they did have specifics.

I would hope they take their time with this because it's an important project to reclaim urbanity between downtown and Lafayette Park.
    If I recall correctly, MDOT released six proposals of how to age out I-375, ranging from rebuilding it as it currently exists to transforming it into a boulevard. They also provided renderings of each proposal. It generated quite a large discussion on here.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    If I recall correctly, MDOT released six proposals of how to age out I-375, ranging from rebuilding it as it currently exists to transforming it into a boulevard. They also provided renderings of each proposal. It generated quite a large discussion on here.
    Correct. There was a thread about the 6 proposals about a year ago on here. Looks like they haven't made any headway since then on a concept. Hopefully, the winner is to fill 375 in and replace with a boulevard style street from Gratiot into Downtown.

Honestly, I'd like to go but MDOT has proven time and time again that resident input is nothing more than a formality.

They'll do whatever old 1950s plans they dust up tell them to do.
    I'd like to say they're idiots but that would be unfair to idiots around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    They'll do whatever old 1950s plans they dust up tell them to do.
    I'd like to say they're idiots but that would be unfair to idiots around the world.
    Nah, there are powerful business interests that probably would love to see it change into a boulevard.