Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I worked for the fellow that did the commercial for Whitbeck Appliance and he also wrote the copy and when giving the directions he would say "The Nine Mile Road" and it just never sounded right.

The Radio City Theater. A nice big old theater. I used to stop off there and see movies back when I used to come out that way regularly in the early '70s when I was a teenager. I was sad when it closed.

I also remember when the Studio North was an, err, much more legitimate movie house. Like the rest of the Studio theater chain it used to show foreign and art films. I remember seeing the rather strange '70s movie Harold and Maude during its very long run there.

Before it was the Studio North, it was The Ferndale Theatre. Saw the 1957 movie "The Spirit Of St.Louis" with Jimmy Stewart there. 10 years later, saw "Closely Watched Trains" there as the Studio North.

Wasn't there a storefront McDonald's restaurant near Sam's Jams but across the street. Had a huge circular fishtank in it.

Yes the McDonald's was just west of the alley behind the Gap. There was also a mom and pop clothing store called Jeans n Things, an office supply called Butlers, and the Basement Barber Shop, all were along 9 mile W of Woodward.
    Last edited by Det74; January-19-18 at 07:43 PM.

and now, St. James School off Woodward will be converted into senior housing. I may have to consider moving back there.

was there ever a video arcade?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3