Agreed. Properly deployed technology is going to be such a game changer for the city. I've never objected to paying them...just don't make it next to impossible with broken meters, meters that only take cash [[or only coins?!)

This is another major change with DWSD...a few years ago they made it possible for anyone with an account number to make payments online via credit or debit card. Sounds like it should be a no-brainer, but when you have a shutoff notice and have to run a payment down to DWSD, and then are told that they don't take credit card or check -- only money order or cash...it's like, SERIOUSLY, I AM JUST TRYING TO GIVE YOU MY MONEY WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT SO GODDAMN HARD.

Honestly, I don't even mind if they wanna charge me the 3% convenience fee that they lose to the credit card company. When I owe $200 and your asking if I would rather pay $6 in convenience fee rather than go to one location to purchase a money order and then to a second location to deliver that money order....what the hell?

This is not that much different from taxi services here in the city. Although I use Lyft and Uber religiously, I am not opposed to cabs. But Jesus, don't make it next-to-impossible to order one, next-to-impossible to make them charge you correctly, and next-to-impossible to pay them.

When you consider that we've been stuck with 1950s-level service quality since the 1950s, it makes me wonder why some people have to be dragged to the future, kicking and screaming.