Paging Bobl, Gannon, Ravine, et al,

Bob, do I sense a whisper of kindred spirits in your two replies to my recent, 3 part post, on the subject of Bean soup????
Everything I said about liking and cooking Bean Soup was true. Of course I added a lot of ‘fluff’ to make a story out of it.

First of all I will ask you if you had read some of my ‘posts,’ written some time ago, about the 21 years that Peggy and I had lived in the U.P.? [[Dec. 1, 1973 through December 31, 1994.)

My reflections about Bean Soup are the same as picking wild blueberries; watching bald eagles; gently touching a new born fawn, [[to see if it was alive, it was); tracking a bear, [[in our Blazer, of course); watching four humming birds fighting over who gets to the red feeder first; drinking some god awful warm beer with K. O. while watching the chipmunk, [[Charley Brown) clamoring up the screen door, begging for a morsel of food; fifteen or more deer dancing in our valley under the spotlight of a full moon on a frosty evening, spotting an albino deer whose existence was confirmed by the DNR,,,,and hundreds or even a few thousand other stories I could relate.

I hope I get this next part correct. I think it was Gannon who posted a reply, sometime ago, voicing his pleasure of the U. P. He is the first kindred spirit. There are others, but woe is me, I cannot recall all the names.

Ravine gave me the encouragement to keep writing to this Forum.

The
Lladies, bless them, made me feel that my stories were something special. In fact, because of the "User Name" thing, I am not always sure about Who’s a What!

To quote Pinocchio:

"Oh, my brain is not so good because my head’s made of wood,."
That condition developed from cutting, splitting, and stacking ten full cords of wood, every Summer and Fall. And oh, what stories I have of that. Also, getting whacked on the back of my head by a ‘widow maker’ did not exactly help! A widow maker is a falling branch off of tree that a woodsman is trying to cut down. That’s another story.