Can it be?

Six new housing developments in various stages of construction opened for view Aug. 5 and 6.

DETROIT — Next year, and for the first time in more than 60 years, city officials are expecting Detroit’s residential population to increase.

“Demand for living in Detroit is growing every day,” said Detroit Mayor Michael Duggan in a prepared statement. “Census numbers show the city’s decades of population decline is reversing.”
Capitol Park Lofts will offer high-end apartments that range from $853 to $3,180 a month in the newly renovated Capitol Park neighborhood downtown. The building will feature a rooftop deck with a gas grill.

In the same area, The Griswold’s 9-foot floor-to-ceiling windows offer views of the city’s skyline and entertainment district. Monthly apartment rates begin at $1,500 and top out at $3,500 a month.

The Fort Shelby Residences are above the historic Fort Shelby Hotel, which first opened in 1917. Designed by famed architect Albert Kahn, the 23-story tower holds 56 condos in the city’s central business district that range in price from $280,000 to $1 million.

The luxury apartments of DuCharme Place in Lafayette Park feature direct access to the biking and walking trail known as the Dequindre Cut, and a swimming pool and deck in a roomy landscaped garden terrace. Prices range from $1,250 to $1,850 a month.

Brush Park soon will be home to two new developments, The Scott and City Modern. The Scott is located on Woodward Avenue and Erskine Street, and monthly apartment prices start at $949. City Modern will blend historic homes with modern flats and more. Both developments feature access to the new QLINE streetcar, slated to open in 2017.

Lynette Boyle, of Grosse Pointe Woods, and Ellen Mahoney, of Bloomfield Hills, were among the hundreds attending the VIP Downtown Living Tour.

“There is a shortage of housing in Detroit,” said Mahoney, a real estate broker.

“We love Detroit,” Boyle said. “There is so much happening and so much to do.”
http://www.candgnews.com/news/detroi...esidents-94997

Can we cue the John Lee Hooker hit yet?
Boom, boom, boom, boom.
I'm gonna shoot you right down,
Knock you off of your feet,
And take you home with me.
Put you in my house.
Boom, boom, boom, boom.