Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baby College

Well, all I said was you should trade places for a week. You seem to see the difference in realities already, since you are freaking out about the very idea. Going in cold turkey, your reality would certainly be useless in their environment, as would theirs in yours. You would lack their common sense for living in Harlem. It's just a way to show how different factors affect reality.

ccbatson Guest

Compromise on the issue of individual rights is the same as surrendering said rights.

So you see that reality and the basis for common sense can be different. That is the only point I was trying to make. Stay in your safe little cocoon as you were.

A very nice lesson, gazhekwe.

ccbatson Guest

Common sense is based on reality, and reality is static. What is, is.

Your reality is sure static and somewhat narrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Reality is static, true. But "common sense" is based on perception of reality, which is not the same for every observer.

My perception is that medical care is too expensive because doctors acting as independent contractors overcharge the system. My common sense tells me that the easiest way to reduce costs in the system is to put all doctors on salary, thereby removing their incentive to jack up the price of everything.

Your perception may be, and I dare say probably is, different.

"Your milage may vary."

I don't believe reality is static. Someone who wakes up every day in a 3500 square foot suburban home with a traditional nuclear family and professional career has a different reality than someone who wakes up in a home with too little money and no clear understanding of mainstream values, no means to obtain a professional career or support their children in doing so. Paths from one to the other are completely hidden.

ccbatson Guest

Perception of reality may vary, but what is, is....the core absolute.

Well, I have clearly shown why that is not so. Why don't you show why it IS so? Just you saying it is repeatedly is not very convincing.

ccbatson Guest

A core absolute is its' own proof. A is A.

Oh, sure.....

What a horribly pedestrian commentary.

"Common sense" is often not reflective of the true reality, as any mildly educated person knows from the simple debate in Plato's Cave Allegory.

How utterly ridiculous that you would purport to know of the one true reality, as if you are the ultimate philosopher. Yet, even as your foolishness is beaten down like a lump of dough with too much yeast, there is a slight twinge of guilt for laughing at your online persona. Certainly, you must need to feel the comfort of absolutes; logically from a life of fighting and regretting change. Poor boy. It's okay. Keep your chin way, way up.

I write in these tones to reflect by mirror your examples of socialization.
    Last edited by East Detroit; August-25-09 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    What a horribly pedestrian commentary.

"Common sense" is often not reflective of the true reality, as any mildly educated person knows from the simple debate in Plato's Cave Allegory.

How utterly ridiculous that you would purport to know of the one true reality, as if you are the ultimate philosopher. Yet, even as your foolishness is beaten down like a lump of dough with too much yeast, there is a slight twinge of guilt for laughing at your online persona. Certainly, you must need to feel the comfort of absolutes; logically from a life of fighting and regretting change. Poor boy. It's okay. Keep your chin way, way up.

I write in these tones to reflect by mirror your examples of socialization.
    East Detroit, all I can say is, you honestly kicked someones a$$, but they don't know it yet. Rest, cause you earned it. Credit where due. Tell me more.

PS - the underlined portion [[in the quote above) was exquisite, and made my morning.
    Last edited by vetalalumni; August-26-09 at 04:31 AM. Reason: duh...

A core absolute is its' own proof. A is A.
    CC... quit your Ivy League jibber-jabber... go watch the TV show Trading Spouses to get a clue of what Gahzekwe is talking about... no one is asking you to give away your valuable posessions here....

ccbatson Guest

"Ivy league"? Hardly.

"Ivy league"? Hardly.
    Hear, hear!

ccbatson Guest

You agree? For once.

For twice, actually. Don't forget Cheetos.

ccbatson Guest

The Jalapeno flavored? Or the regular?

Though not everyone considers all American children "our" children, there is a show featuring Doctor Cosby coming up this weekend. Please see this related DYes thread --> About Our Children, 9/20/09 7pm est on MSNBC

ccbatson Guest

"Doctor" Cosby?

Doctor of Education. U of Mass, 1976.

ccbatson Guest

I didn't know that...Honorary, or legitimate?

Legitimate. Thesis and everything.
    Last edited by elganned; September-25-09 at 06:52 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast