Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    What bike lanes are you talking about? Here in Oakland County there are no bike lanes...
    There are elaborately-marked bike lanes along Northwestern Highway between 12 Mile Rd. in Southfield and Orchard Lake Rd. in West Bloomfield. Unfortunately, I've never seen one cyclist using them. Because of this, drivers become complacent and don't look or expect any cyclist to be in those lanes when they need to cross them to make a right turn.

Quote Originally Posted by thomprod View Post
    There are elaborately-marked bike lanes along Northwestern Highway between 12 Mile Rd. in Southfield and Orchard Lake Rd. in West Bloomfield. Unfortunately, I've never seen one cyclist using them. Because of this, drivers become complacent and don't look or expect any cyclist to be in those lanes when they need to cross them to make a right turn.
    There aren't any bikers on Northwestern because there are so many better ways to commit suicide. That road seems to have a continuous stream of SUVs barely steered by distracted drivers.

Also, it saddens me that other cities have longer crossing times for pedestrians than here in Michigan. Even car heavy places like Louisville [[they love Mustangs and Cadillacs there) give folks a fair chance to cross.

It cuts either way with crossing. Having a car cut you off when you are on foot or cycling is really dang evil, but slightly so is having the car jerk to a stop and glare at you and make you hustle across when you may be tired and feel like either stopping or not having to change your even pace.

It cuts either way with crossing. Having a car cut you off when you are on foot or cycling is really dang evil, but slightly so is having the car jerk to a stop and glare at you and make you hustle across when you may be tired and feel like either stopping or not having to change your even pace.
    Amen on that.

I can't even walk or ride the bike trails without fear, because I do have to cross busy intersections with a Mexican [[sorry) standoff at every single one.

This is not bumper cars, because you'll always win.

Seems that way. I see bad drivers and cyclist taking risks everywhere. What is this thing where some cyclists DON'T stop at a red but swing out into the middle of the street 'in case' a car is coming? With so many people running lights, I pause before going on a green. But I see many cyclist willing to blow thru solid red??? Insane!!

Quote Originally Posted by archfan View Post
    There aren't any bikers on Northwestern because there are so many better ways to commit suicide. That road seems to have a continuous stream of SUVs barely steered by distracted drivers.
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-11-16 at 06:57 AM.