Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    crawford Guest

Quote Originally Posted by EMG View Post
    Nope, I slather on the sunscreen and spend my entire weekend out riding my bike. As for respiratory illness, I'd say that's a toss-up. Detroit's air wasn't any better.
    Sunscreen with even the highest SPF isn't close to 100% effective against the sun, so if you honestly spend the entire weekend in the Phoenix sun [[and aren't dark-skinned) you run a very high risk of developing skin cancer.

And biking all day in 120-degree heat would literally be hell on earth to me. I'd rather bike in Nome, Alaska in January, and I don't even like the cold!

BTW, air quality is MUCH worse in Phoenix. Second worst in the country after LA. Look on the bright side, it isn't the two-pack-a-day air of Mexico City, but more a half-pack of cigarette equivalent type of air.

Won't save you on Phoenix, but now that Mexoryl is approved in the United States, much better UVA protection is better than in the past. My favorite brand is the LaRoche-Posay Anthelios SPF 50+ XL. Pricey, but worth it.

I don't think there is a law, per se, but in Albuquerque, New Mexico, you can get rebates and reimbursed for making your lawn more desert-friendly.

http://www.abcwua.org/content/view/123/199/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4